• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus' prophecy about Muhammad (PBUH)

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
We want to talk about the matter...
The matter is that " There are changes happened"

The Bible has indeed been rewritten on several occasions, but in almost all cases, the "spirit" of the text was never abandoned. If anything modern "translations" simply clarify the Bible for the common man to understand. In Christianity, there is no need to consult vast quantities of "learned scholarly opinion" in order to understand the Bible -- unlike the "simple to understand" Qur'an.

For example, when non-Muslim's take a quote from the "Noble" Qur'an, and render an argument based on the literal wording, they are almost always told that they have to refer to the context that the ayat was "handed down" in to appreciate what is being said. It is rather clear that the commentaries therefore ARE changes to the Qur'an as one must sift through the circular logic of many "educated scholars" to get the real message. To me, it is more like a Madison Avenue makeover to take the edge off of some of the more vitriolic passages and completely disingenuous.

Add to this the contributions (or lack thereof) made to humanity over the last 500 years by the Ummah and we have a rather stark indictment of the merits of "modern" Islam. The "death-knell" of Islam is that due to its underlying exhortations and principles, it CANNOT change and that is its Achilles’ heel.

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
Do you accept the rest of the Gospel of John?

edit: Or even read the rest of John?
I accept the part which the Qur'an agrees with. I accept the pure God-made religon, free from any corruption.

There are 4 Comforter Statements made by Jesus; all in John. In every case the “Helper” is said to be the “Holy Spirit” or the “Spirit of truth.”
• John 14:16-17: “[The Father] will give you another Comforter…that is the Spirit of truth”
• John 14:25-26: “the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send…He will teach you all things”
• John 15:26 - 16:1: “When the Comforter comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth…He will testify about Me”
• John 16:7-30: “if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you….when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all truth…He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and disclose it to you.”
While the Comforter can only come after Jesus has left (John 16:7), it is in a different manner. In John 14:16-17, Jesus says that the Comforter abides (present tense) with you and he will be (future tense) in you. Moreover, in Acts 9:31 we see that the Holy Spirit was indeed comforting after Jesus had ascended: “So the church throughout all Judea and Galilee and Samaria enjoyed peace, being built up; and going on in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, it continued to increase.”

Source
Muhammad (PBUH) did teach us all things, did testify about Jesus, and he did glorify Jesus.

And you are an authority on this Scott?

Should Christians care particularly what Islam has to say about anything in the Bible? Don't you find it profoundly amusing that many Muslims will whine on and on about how the Bible is changed/corrrupted and yet unabashedly lift sections of it out as proof of their Prophet's mission?

How convenient is that?
The stuff that fits with the Qur'an is what we believe in.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Muhammad (PBUH) did teach us all things, did testify about Jesus, and he did glorify Jesus.
:(
Disappointed yet once again.
I was hoping that you would actually keep to the point that you presented, but you totally ignored the fact that what I presented directly showed your OP is basically nothing more than wishful thinking.

However, I cannot help but wonder why you feel such a need to force Mohammad into the Bible.

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
:(
Disappointed yet once again.
I was hoping that you would actually keep to the point that you presented, but you totally ignored the fact that what I presented directly showed your OP is basically nothing more than wishful thinking.

However, I cannot help but wonder why you feel such a need to force Mohammad into the Bible.
I am just saying that Muhammad might be mentioned in the Bible, and what am I ignoring?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I am just saying that Muhammad might be mentioned in the Bible, and what am I ignoring?
Post #15 clearly shows that the verse you presented in the OP has absolutely nothing to do with Mohammad.

Did you address that point at all in your reply to post #15?
Nope. Not even close.
Instead you employed the 'count the hits, ignore the misses' tactic.
Needless to say, I am unimpressed.

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
Post #15 clearly shows that the verse you presented in the OP has absolutely nothing to do with Mohammad.

Nope. Not even close.
Actually it has everything to do with Muhammad (PBUH).

MFaraz_Hayat

Nope. Not even close.
Even if a single verse of the bible is proven to prophecise Muhammad, christians have to believe in Muhammad, for otherwise they go against Bible. So even if he didn't reply to one part, there are others.

rocketman

Out there...
Even if a single verse of the bible is proven to prophecise Muhammad, christians have to believe in Muhammad, for otherwise they go against Bible. So even if he didn't reply to one part, there are others.
Which verse speaks of Muhammed in a way that Christians would know for absolutely certain it was refering to him?

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
Oh and for John 16:7 the word comforter comes from the Greek word Periclytos which means praiseworthy or one who praises. That's the same name meaning as Muhammad!

rocketman

Out there...
Oh and for John 16:7 the word comforter comes from the Greek word Periclytos which means praiseworthy or one who praises. That's the same name meaning as Muhammad!
Seriously bro, ignoring the multitude of verses in that passage about the Spirit and then superimposing someone else on top of it is not very convincing.

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
Certainly not the Islamic prophet.
Why not? Oh and I found another prophecy. It is in the old testament. Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 18 Verse 18. It says "I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."
Isaiah Chapter 29, Verse 12 it says
"And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned."
Song of Solomon Chapter 5 Verse 16 it says "
Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."
So...what do you have to say now?

rocketman

Out there...
Why not? Oh and I found another prophecy. It is in the old testament. Book of Deuteronomy Chapter 18 Verse 18. It says "I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."
Isaiah Chapter 29, Verse 12 it says
"And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned."
Song of Solomon Chapter 5 Verse 16 it says "
Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehraee Bayna Jerusalem."
So...what do you have to say now?
I have to say that you are a very poor scholar and student of history. The first verse you quote was always known to be associated with the saviour of Israel etc etc. And of-course for Christians this figure is Jesus. You really need to do some proper study my friend.

And stop avoiding the issue that you originally raised, which was a claim that the gospel of John referes to Muhammed. You have not shown this to be true and you have ducked out of the way of the logic presented to you.

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
I have to say that you are a very poor scholar and student of history. The first verse you quote was always known to be associated with the saviour of Israel etc etc. And of-course for Christians this figure is Jesus. You really need to do some proper study my friend.

And stop avoiding the issue that you originally raised, which was a claim that the gospel of John referes to Muhammed. You have not shown this to be true and you have ducked out of the way of the logic presented to you.
Okay lets says I was wrong about Gospel of John. What about these? It clearly says Muhammad by name. How do you deny that? And where is the proof that like unto thee is Jesus?

rocketman

Out there...
Let's not forget that Jesus himself claimed to be the central figure in the Isaiah prophecies:

Luke 4:20,21

" And he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant, and sat down. The eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. Then he began to say to them, ‘Today this scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing "

Let me guess, that part of the bible has been changed.