• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus thought polygamy is OK!

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
b) I am Jew
I don't recall if I ever inquired into this claim, but I see no reason to do so now. Whether you are Jew or Gentile, you are clearly a Christian. I am not. Your New Testament instructs you how to live because you accept it as God's word. It doesn't tell me anything about how I should live, because I don't.

jimb

Premium Member
I don't recall if I ever inquired into this claim, but I see no reason to do so now. Whether you are Jew or Gentile, you are clearly a Christian. I am not. Your New Testament instructs you how to live because you accept it as God's word. It doesn't tell me anything about how I should live, because I don't.
You don't live???

The New Testament does much, much more than instruct me how to live!

It is the story of The Jewish Messiah who died as a penalty for all sin. By accepting His sacrifice as the punishment I deserve, He has literally bcome my Savior and I thereby have eternal life.

And that's just for starters...

(It is the Old Testament, a.k.a, the Law, that instructs people how to live and prescribes the punishment if the rules are violated.)

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

It looks to me like someone is attempting to convert you to Christianity.

I think there has been a lot of proselytizing and preaching about the Bible and Christianity in response to your posts.

IndigoChild5559

I think there has been a lot of proselytizing and preaching about the Bible and Christianity in response to your posts.
Oh yes. :) I don't make a big stink about it. After all, I always have the option to simply not click on their replies, or to pass on answering them if I do.

I'm not sure what the actual rules here are. I know I've been given very nicely worded warnings for things like titling a thread "God is not a man." It seems to me that if I have to work to consciously phrase things in a way as to suggest rather than state, that others would be held to the same standards. But I just don't see that happening, so I'm clueless.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Oh yes. :) I don't make a big stink about it. After all, I always have the option to simply not click on their replies, or to pass on answering them if I do.

In my opinion, the preaching and proselytizing of Christianity happens far too often on this forum.

I'm not sure what the actual rules here are.

I know that Rule 8 specifies that preaching and proselytizing are prohibited, as well as stating one's religious beliefs as a definitive matter of fact.

IndigoChild5559

In my opinion, the preaching and proselytizing of Christianity happens far too often on this forum.

I know that Rule 8 specifies that preaching and proselytizing are prohibited, as well as stating one's religious beliefs as a definitive matter of fact.
Ah, I shall have to remember Rule 8 then. TYVM :)

jimb

Premium Member
Aha! The mystery is solved! YOU DON'T LIVE! So, are you actually an AI?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Sure.

I was born a Jew and raised in a (reformed) Jewish home. I had a very unhappy childhood, due primarily to an overbearing, selfish father. I prayed often to God to change the situation, but nothing ever happened. I was Bar Mitzvah at age 13, and thought that then God would intervene, but nothing changed. So I became an atheist! Since God didn't care about me, why should I believe that He exists?

Fast forward a number of years. I was a hippie farmer in Minnesota. A Pentecostal preacher came regularly to our farm and we ARGUED about God, Christ, religion, etc. Neither one of us gave an inch.

Then I was hospitalized with severe asthma; the doctors could NOT break the spasm! The preacher came to visit me, but my wife made her promise not to get me excited. She came into my room, asked me how I was doing, read me some Scripture -- Matthew 11:28-30 -- and prayed "Jesus, heal this man". INSTANTLY, the spasm was broken and my entire body was flooded with a love I had never known. I immediately became a Christian!!!

There is more to tell if you're interested...
Simply amazing!!!!

And would love to know more.

jimb

Premium Member
This passage is NOT designed to teach that we should never judge. It IS designed to teach we should not be hypocrites.

Second, what have I told you about how worthless it is to quote the NT to a Jew?
a) I do not accept your Jewish interpretation of what is written in the New Testament.
b) Read you "second" above for the answer.

jimb

Premium Member
Simply amazing!!!!

And would love to know more.
After I was healed and saved by Jesus Christ, we sold our farm and moved to St. Paul, where I simultaneously went to Bible school and received training in computer programming. Both were worthwhile! I am still a devoted, passionate Christian and had an excellent career in various forms of computer programming, finally ending up doing GIS for the New Mexico Environment Department.

I attended several different churches and finally ended up as a deacon in the last one I attended.

However, both of these pale in comparison to my passionate continuation of my Christian life (even though I no longer attend church at my age) and my 56-year marriage to the finest, most wonderful person I have ever known. I have been blessed way beyond anything I could have imagined so many years ago. As I approach the end of my life, I can say that I have been truly blessed beyond anything I could have imagined or asked for. :heart:

Amen.

jimb

Premium Member

I'm not sure what the actual rules here are. I know I've been given very nicely worded warnings for things like titling a thread "God is not a man." It seems to me that if I have to work to consciously phrase things in a way as to suggest rather than state, that others would be held to the same standards. But I just don't see that happening, so I'm clueless.
We agree: you are clueless!

Kenny

Premium Member
After I was healed and saved by Jesus Christ, we sold our farm and moved to St. Paul, where I simultaneously went to Bible school and received training in computer programming.

Reminds me of how Universities used to give everyone a double degree… one for the marketplace and one in Theology to apply in the marketplace.

Congrats!!

Both were worthwhile! I am still a devoted, passionate Christian and had an excellent career in various forms of computer programming, finally ending up doing GIS for the New Mexico Environment Department.

Amazing..
I attended several different churches and finally ended up as a deacon in the last one I attended.

That’s wonderful… we are a body that needs to work together.

However, both of these pale in comparison to my passionate continuation of my Christian life (even though I no longer attend church at my age) and my 56-year marriage to the finest, most wonderful person I have ever known. I have been blessed way beyond anything I could have imagined so many years ago. As I approach the end of my life, I can say that I have been truly blessed beyond anything I could have imagined or asked for. :heart:

Amen.

I always say that I can never truly express what Jesus did in my life… it can only be personally experienced. Beautiful story, blessings and see you with Jesus one day!

jimb

Premium Member
Reminds me of how Universities used to give everyone a double degree… one for the marketplace and one in Theology to apply in the marketplace.

Congrats!!

Amazing..

That’s wonderful… we are a body that needs to work together.

I always say that I can never truly express what Jesus did in my life… it can only be personally experienced. Beautiful story, blessings and see you with Jesus one day!
Thanks @Kenny . I appreciate the kind words! Such a difference from the cynical, nasty posts from so many on this forum.

I agree 110% with the last paragraph. Blessings to you also. See you with Jesus one day!

Kenny

Premium Member

IMV, most of the times it is just a perspective. When one shares one’s faith it is interpreted as proselytizing when it is just answering questions and sharing what one believes.

If I were to say to communicate, “our position is that ‘for God so loved the world, (that includes you and me), He gave His only begotten son that whosever believes in Him would not perish but have everlasting life'”, although it is just informing you, you may believe that I’m am trying to convert you.

Sometime it is birthed out of a dislike for the Christian message and they veil it behind the charge of “proselytizing”.

That being said, technically anyone who enters a debate is trying to “proselytize” the other person into their belief system through debate.

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

Personally, I believe you should live your life the way you see fit and follow your conscience. I'm glad to see you dismissing all of the Christian preaching and proselytizing, despite the apparent denial that it's happening. I admire the way you stand up for your beliefs without succumbing to the proselytizing.

jimb

Premium Member
You don't live? Interesting. That explains a lot!