• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus was not a Christian and Buddha was not a Buddhist

tjgillies

Well that sound nice, do you have a doctrine that you feel is true, or should I say more true than other peoples interpretation of their own doctrine, but yes I will have a look on Wikipedia.
We claim to have new revelation from God that better elucidates what his plan is for the future. We believe any conflict with previous religious belief is man made. Our primary goal is a world government that will unite the world as one country. The highest level is democratically elected every 5 years. Local government is elected every 1 year.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
We claim to have new revelation from God that better elucidates what his plan is for the future. We believe any conflict with previous religious belief is man made. Our primary goal is a world government that will unite the world as one country. The highest level is democratically elected every 5 years. Local government is elected every 1 year.
I see, do you really believe that a world government would ever work, who's government, and who is going to vote for this government, will it be political where all lies are spread, will there be laws to obey, or will we all be free to do what we want ?.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Hi tjgillies, yes I had a look at your belief system, and it does sound a lot better than most systems, but believing that all religions are the same, mmmm, I sort of don't agree, for as we know they are completely different in many ways, but yes, take the ignorance away, and for sure, there would be some form of truth.

tjgillies

I see, do you really believe that a world government would ever work, who's government, and who is going to vote for this government, will it be political where all lies are spread, will there be laws to obey, or will we all be free to do what we want ?.
Personally I believe it will work. We have about 5 million people and our global administration has been voted-in every 5 years since the 60's. The fact that no one has ever heard of us tells me we are doing something right. There are laws we follow but we have a strict non involvement policy for non-bahai politics and people who aren't Baha'i. We are fine with people leaving our religion so if people don't like it they are free to leave. No hard feelings.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Personally I believe it will work. We have about 5 million people and our global administration has been voted-in every 5 years since the 60's. The fact that no one has ever heard of us tells me we are doing something right. There are laws we follow but we have a strict non involvement policy for non-bahai politics and people who aren't Baha'i. We are fine with people leaving our religion so if people don't like it they are free to leave. No hard feelings.
But you said your goal is to be a one world government, if anyone wanted to leave your government, where do they go ?.

tjgillies

But you said your goal is to be a one world government, if anyone wanted to leave your government, where do they go ?.
We haven't figured that out yet. Ideally someday everyone will convert to Baha'i and do what we say because they want to. At least that's what our religion teaches. If they don't then I guess we were wrong. I'm willing to take the chance.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
We haven't figured that out yet. Ideally someday everyone will convert to Baha'i and do what we say because they want to. At least that's what our religion teaches. If they don't then I guess we were wrong. I'm willing to take the chance.
Your belief system sounds nice, but to organize that belief, will only kill that belief, just as all other beliefs have killed and brought nothing but misery, such as communism, and even capitalism.

tjgillies

Your belief system sounds nice, but to organize that belief, will only kill that belief, just as all other beliefs have killed and brought nothing but misery, such as communism, and even capitalism.
Well here's hoping for the best. No offense but I'm hoping you're wrong :)

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Another little story.

I have heard that Satan and his disciples had for some time been keeping their eyes on a man who was engaged in the quest for truth. They were understandably anxious and had been watching him closely. One morning, however, the disciples rushed to Satan to inform him that the man had attained truth. They were quite upset.

Satan consoled them, saying, "Don't worry. Just wait until this news spreads from city to city; People will flock to this man; they will take the truth he has attained and frame it in codes and creeds, and then they will organize themselves into a sect; You have nothing to worry about at all."

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The Baha'i believe that sects/denominations are accursed so right there with you :)
I see, her is another little story.

ON MY SEARCH I FOUND NO GREATER SCRIPTURE THAN SILENCE. When I had dug through all the scriptures I realized how futile they all were and that silence was the only thing that had any point to it whatsoever.

Isn't it sad that this is not practised, the world would be so much quitter than it is with all of its blabbering about who is right and who is wrong, if one does experience the truth, they keep it to themselves, unless of course someone comes and ask to be directed to the truth, and only then can it be pointed to.

tjgillies

I see, her is another little story.

ON MY SEARCH I FOUND NO GREATER SCRIPTURE THAN SILENCE. When I had dug through all the scriptures I realized how futile they all were and that silence was the only thing that had any point to it whatsoever.

Isn't it sad that this is not practised, the world would be so much quitter than it is with all of its blabbering about who is right and who is wrong, if one does experience the truth, they keep it to themselves, unless of course someone comes and ask to be directed to the truth, and only then can it be pointed to.
The essence of true safety is to observe silence, to look at the end of things and to renounce the world.
-- Bahaullah

psychoslice

Veteran Member
This truly wraps it all up.

IF THE TRUTH IS NOT KNOWN to you the knowledge of the scriptures is useless. If the truth is known to you the knowledge of the scriptures is also useless.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
If you didn't, I would be doing something gravely wrong. Our utmost ideal is the unity of humanity. If our actions cause divisiveness with our fellow humans then by our own definition they are wrong.
I have never heard anyone here like you, and I love what I am hearing, you are a true diamond.:)

psychoslice

Veteran Member
These words are so true.

IT IS COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS TO DELVE INTO THE SCRIPTURES in the hope of realizing truth. The scriptures may well have grown out of truth, but they have never been known to generate the experience of truth in anyone. People are so silly - they shelter the blackest ignorance in a living heart and dig among dead words trying to unearth the truth!

tjgillies

I have never heard anyone here like you, and I love what I am hearing, you are a true diamond.:)
The Baha'i believe that the purpose of religion is to bring joy to humanity. I may seem like a diamond now but our goal is that someday everyone in the whole world can experience the joy that we have :). This is why I have faith in the future of humanity.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The Baha'i believe that the purpose of religion is to bring joy to humanity. I may seem like a diamond now but our goal is that someday everyone in the whole world can experience the joy that we have :). This is why I have faith in the future of humanity.
Yes, and I wish there was many more like you, you are certainly a beautiful human being, and if I could give you a big hug, I would. :hugehug: