• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JHVH+ALLAH+GOD the father in Heaven= The real "trinity"

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
So, do mormons find Jesus to be divine before or after his death? Was he a man that was divine during conception in Mary's womb, or was he a man that obtained divinity after his death?
He was divine before His birth, during His lifetime (at which time He was also mortal), and continues to be divine today. He did not simply become divine at some point along the way.

Last edited:

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Thank you, this is Jehovah's Witnesses teaching, correct?? Very interesting, I believe heaven will be on earth too.

This version of things makes perfect sense to me. I could never figure out why God would create such physical beauty and then design human creatures to appreciate all the wonders of creation and then take it all away....why do humans assume that heaven is the only destination?

JW's gave me answers that were not only in line with scripture but touched my heart by the sheer logic of it. It is not a belief based on blind faith in airy fairy wishes....it is entirely Biblical and in keeping with God's purpose in putting us in a material world to begin with.

Life on Earth is only ruined by wicked humans abusing free will. They turned a precious gift into a curse. The wrongly exercised will of wicked people interferes with the right of less powerful ones to use theirs. Often they are crippled, emotionally, physically and mentally, trying to cope with this awful situation. They are shackled by the rule of more powerful ones who, in their greed for power or wealth, will subject their citizens to war and loss of property and loved ones as "collateral damage" in their selfish agendas. We are living in the greatest object lesson of all time. At the conclusion, all will return to the way it is supposed to be....and we will not even remember all the bad stuff. (Isa 65:17)

God has a timetable of events that will ultimately lead us all back to Edenic conditions and endless life on earth. (Isa 55:11)

But I also believe in other inhabited planets

This has been a subject of great interest to me as well. But I probably have a completely different take on it to you.

I believe that we are the beginning of the population of the physical universe. The Creator had to start somewhere. :)

Getting all the issues surrounding the exercise of free will sorted out here first, means that precedents are set now for all of God's intelligent creatures. Jehovah has a perfect sense of justice. Legal precedents set on earth, provide the rules for all other issues that follow on into eternity.

Humans have proven beyond a shadow of doubt that they cannot rule themselves independently without guidance from their Creator.
They have proven that free will can only be exercised successfully within the framework of not impinging on the free will of others.
Power corrupts humans every time because we are not designed to rule over others. God designed us to be ruled by him...not as a dictator, but as a loving father with our best interests at heart. He wants us to trust him out of love and respect for his authority.

Jehovah's ways are always superior and we need to surrender our will to his. Jesus was the perfect example for us.

So the sky' the limit...literally! :D

Its a big universe, so to expect our all powerful Creator to limit life to this one tiny speck in one small galaxy is not reasonable. His future creativity is limitless....as vast as the heavens themselves! He alone knows what he purposed in relation to it...we will know too one day. ;)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Don't Mormons believe Jesus the man became deity after his death, and was not deity before his death?
As I mentioned in my prior post, as far as Mormons are concerned, Jesus was always divine, always "God." He just wasn't the same individual as His Father. Furthermore, He said that His Father is also His God and that His Father is greater than He. He has always been and always will be subject to His Father's will.

The Book of Mormon, The Doctrine and Covenants and The Pearl of Great Price are not those "extra readings to understand the bible? Can't I just send the bible to say a place like "Africa" without the rest of those books, and the bible can still be understood without supplement material?
I think that what's in the Bible can be understood well enough without any extra readings. To us, your question is kind of like asking, "Can't Matthew be understood without reading Mark? Can't Luke be understood without reading John?"

Arialns Christians practice Heresy as by roman catholic standards...as do mormons and J.W.
Well, it's a good thing then that the only standards that are ultimately going to matter are not Roman Catholic standards or Mormon standards or Jehovah's Witnesses standards but God's standards. ;)

Last edited:

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Obviously. But that's not what I asked.

I answered you Katzpur....

He is God-like, existing in the same form as his Father i.e. a spirit. That makes him a god (which simply means "mighty or powerful one")
Not once in all of scripture is he called "Almighty".

Reading the whole post might help :oops:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
What if the original God followed was El, thus like the Cannanite belief Yahveh was his son...
Thus mixing in Allah makes it even more complicated. :confused: