• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judgement Day

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
According to John 12: 48 it says " He who rejects me and does not recieve My sayings, has one who Judges Him, The words I spoke, is what will judge him at the last day..

I believe when we stand before Christ Jesus in Judgment, we will be judged on how we lived our lifes according to the understanding of His word..

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
When judgement day comes, I'll be down at the poker machines. It might cause a surge in the machines;)

jonny

Bennettresearch said:
Hi jonny,

Yes that does explain it better. My only question is that is our spirit or soul really eternal, or can we blow it and and get taken out altogether? This is where my view on the second death varies from yours. I think the separation from God would happen while we are still alive and it would have to do with how we pass judgement. Conceptually, even an atheist could pass judgement if they lived morally. They could finally see where they were wrong, but not get condemned for it. This is only a mental exercise, I am not suggesting this as any kind of fact.
I was thinking about this yesterday and actually came to the same conclusion that you have above. Spiritual death, or the second death, does happen while we are alive, but it can continue into the next life. I guess it is any separation from God. I just assumed that it only applied to the judgement, but I was wrong (i did a little more reading).

I believe that the spirit is eternal.

I also believe that an anyone who lives a good life could pass judgement.

Kowalski

glasgowchick said:
According to John 12: 48 it says " He who rejects me and does not recieve My sayings, has one who Judges Him, The words I spoke, is what will judge him at the last day..

I believe when we stand before Christ Jesus in Judgment, we will be judged on how we lived our lifes according to the understanding of His word..
If you say so, personally, I believe that there will be no judgment, no heaven, no hell, just your atoms will be dispersed back into the cosmic mass from whence they came.

Cheers

K

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Sunstone said:
Were I to believe in judgement day, then it would be the day we see ourselves as god sees us. Presumably that would be to see ourselves without the limited view and the illusions that we commonly have about ourselves.
Good one Phil; (and I'm 'open' about the judgement day; Why try and think out something we have no way of conceiving ?) - But I'm not sure I'll like what I see in myself when the scales come off the eyes...............:D

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Kowalski said:
If you say so, personally, I believe that there will be no judgment, no heaven, no hell, just your atoms will be dispersed back into the cosmic mass from whence they came.

Cheers

K

Only going by Scripture..

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Kowalski said:
Indeed, going by scripture as you will. I'm going by the second law of thermodynamics.

Cheers

K

I wish you well in your findings, Wasn't God good when he gave you such a wonderful brain...

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Lady Crimson said:
Do you agree that you will be judged by your own religion or belief? or just considering the 'true' religion?

I certainly hope i will be judged by my own religion and beliefs, otherwise I just think it will be an unfair trial.
So, do you think whatever you believe in whether you aproved the existance of God or not that would be the same with a believer who worship the only true God? :confused:

ChrisP

Veteran Member
jonny said:
I was thinking about this yesterday and actually came to the same conclusion that you have above. Spiritual death, or the second death, does happen while we are alive, but it can continue into the next life. I guess it is any separation from God. I just assumed that it only applied to the judgement, but I was wrong (i did a little more reading).

I believe that the spirit is eternal.

I also believe that an anyone who lives a good life could pass judgement.
I agree. The idea I have of hell IS eternal seperation from everything. Limbo in essence. Spiritual Sensory Deprivation for Eternity. No thanks! :help: :help: :help: