• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Justice

Wombat

You will forgive me, I trust, if I ignore your post completely.

Certainly Bruce...but given that you have already responded to my post it cannot be fairly said (in language or logic) that you have "ignored" my post "completely".:p

Mere assertion without evidence..

Bruce...I have previously offered you both discussion on the issue of due process within the Baha’i community and evidence of its absence...you have declined/refused both.

The begining of the abundant evidence is posted below...if there are >any Baha’is< prepared to do the issue justice and stand up and step up and discuss the absence of Due Process within the Baha’i community I would be delighted and prepared to do likewise.

My experience as a member of the Baha'i Faith
By Dennis James Rogers

"What happened next when the LSA met
with the Administrative representatives was something that I had kept to
myself for over twenty years. We, the Local Spiritual Assembly members,
thought we were going to be praised for all the teaching activity that
had occurred and tripling the number of new believers. On the contrary,
we were seated in a large hotel suite and then I was read a list of
charges against me which included "conspiring" with Mr. Smith to run
the Local Spiritual Assembly from out of state and for "claiming a
station", whatever that meant. When I protested and attempted to defend
myself, I was told to "sit down and shut up, we know all about you and
anything you say will be just lies." I said I was leaving and they
locked and blocked the door leading out of the room, there were about
seven of them and they forced me and the other members of the Local
Spiritual Assembly to listen to them for two hours. This is what the
Bahá'is call "loving and frank consultation". I was humiliated,
demeaned and my character assassinated in this meeting. Two of the
members of the Local Spiritual Assembly came to my defense and stated
that the charges were not true and that the picture that was being
presented of me by them was inaccurate. My accusers never confronted me;
I came to find out later that the National Spiritual Assembly and other
Administrative bodies had used members of the Local Spiritual Assembly
and the community as "informants". The concept of due process is
foreign in the Baha'i Faith."
My experience as a member of the Baha'i Faith Dennis James Rogers 9/6/2001

Justice as applied in the case of the expulsion from the Baha’i community of Alison Marshall-

[URL="http://www.whoisbahaullah.com/Alison/expulsion.html"]www.whoisbahaullah.com/Alison/expulsion....[/URL]

“In its submission to the court, the National Spiritual Assembly [of New Zealand] outlined what it argues is acceptable procedure when disenrolling a member:

9.3 In terms of decision-making required when Baha'i membership is at issue or when infringements of Baha'i law are of concern to the institutions, decisions are made based on Baha'i principles. The Baha'i administration is non-adversarial in nature and works in subtle ways. There can be no comparison with the terminology used in legal proceedings in the community at large. there is no necessity for giving 'direct notice' to the individual. Similarly, the concept of a 'case to be heard" for example, Baha'i institutions do not lay any 'charge' against an individual believer, and ard' is foreign to the Baha'i administration. It is at the discretion of the Baha'i administrative body to act as it sees fit in full accordance with the Baha'i principles. ... 9.4 Attempts by a National Spiritual Assembly to correct misunderstandings about the Faith by individual believers can be achieved in a variety of ways. The NSA does not employ the practice of formally approaching an individual before making a decision in every instance. There are many occasions when the deficiencies in understanding of individuals are addressed in a general, all-embracing way with the whole community (for instance, the presentation of community classes dealing with particular issues) rather than singling out individuals for specific attention."

In considering booting a member out of the Baha'i community there is not even the "concept" of a 'case to be heard".
By the clear statement of the Baha’i AO in Court Proceedings there is no Fair Due Process within the Baha’i community and by its own boast-"There can be no comparison with the terminology used in legal proceedings in the community at large"
No Fair Hearing....No chance of Justice.

NemisisQ

BY MY COMMAND......
To me, the definition of justice is decided by a ethical group that holds the most power in the world.

Lets just say, if the tide of WWII were to reverse, then our meaning of justice is to kill off all the jews just because. Like a wolve pack that battle out for leadership of their sense of doing things, taken from nature, committing war on moral and justice ideas is rational and one of the ways to establish justice and order. So i could say ur right if it is like revenge.

Last edited: