• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ladies on the forum, do you consider yourself to be a feminist?

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
I can't speak for all of them, but I like an intellectual sparring partner who I'm confident can beat me at least 50% of the time, like Kilgore.

Oh wait, I forgot, only men are competitive. What am I even doing here?

let's do a couple iq tests. :sw:
loser buys drinks for everyone in this thread. Are you telling me you actually find stimulation in these regular circle "you know what" parties that you have with all the other atheists? Of course not. All you guys do is pat each other on the back praising each other for your wisdom and knowledge. If you hadn't put me on ignore you would've seen in my thread "who would you take out on a date from RF" that I picked you and Droffille. I'll lay my cards on the table. I think deep down you kind of dig me :cool:

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
Y see what you did there? You just blamed it all on the guys.

NO WOMEN would EVER ask for those htings, right? It is ONLY the GUYS, right? And ironically you made that whole paragraph about abusive men and women that as victims nodded and accepted their place because they couldnt have done anything differently.

As mystic and me were saying, the burden is on BOTH sexes. I dont remember of any women telling me in person that both men and women are equally responsible to pay on the first date or igeneral. Mind you I AM AWARE THEY EXIST. I assume you are one of those that dont buy into that, and I ve seemore of one video in youtube of women sick of feminism doing what you just did there : women are victims (of the patriarchal system perpetuated excclusively by males (you yourself just said that it is the MEN who think women want that) ) and men are opressors.

Of course, you dont think women are victims, in general you have an equal understanding of e rights and all, but your language betrays your ideologies.

You say MEN believe this is what women demand.

That is precisely the problem. Feminism is aainst gender roles, but assigned a rgender role to the problem ( patriarchism is obviously a male associative term)
And a gender role to the solution (feminism...) . So you have the polarity unwittingly perpetuated by e ideology that allegedly says that wans to end the injustice.

Patriarchy is not a synonym for "men", MM. It is a social system in which men systemically have access to more economic and political power than women. The negative consequences of such an imbalance impact both men and women. All the examples you have given of how men are treated unfairly, such as family court and domestic abuse, are real issues, but they are consequences of living in a patriarchal society. They are not caused by women, or by feminism. They are caused by patriarchal attitudes (with which both boys and girls are indoctrinated) that women are feeble-minded and weak and need to be patronized and / or treated like porcelain.

Acknowledging that we live in such a system does not equate to "blaming" anyone for anything.

I hope that clarifies things for you!

Alceste

Vagabond
loser buys drinks for everyone in this thread. Are you telling me you actually find stimulation in these regular circle "you know what" parties that you have with all the other atheists? Of course not. All you guys do is pat each other on the back praising each other for your wisdom and knowledge. If you hadn't put me on ignore you would've seen in my thread "who would you take out on a date from RF" that I picked you and Droffille. I'll lay my cards on the table. I think deep down you kind of dig me :cool:

I'm not gonna lie - I'm broke and it's supper time. If you've got all these hang-ups about what it means to be a man it's a pretty good bet you'd be paying, so if it's curry, count me in!

PS - I've got a pretty strong feeling you don't actually want to compare your IQ with mine.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I wasn't talking about anyone here. But thinking that women and men should be equal doesn't necessarily make you a feminist either, as in order to be a feminist you're meant to try and be conscious of privilege and inequality and how it works to oppress certain groups of people

I hardly think that's a necessary factor to be a feminist. That just means you're an active feminist.

Feminism may be a movement, but it's very loose and decentralized. Therefore, it's possible to be associated with what the movement believes, and thus be called a feminist, even if not active.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

I'll tell you this: I have a female friend with an IQ of over 150. That's higher than my 137.

It's a well known fact that women are smarter than men. :p

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
RW: Just having a little fun bro.
icon10.gif

Alceste

Vagabond
I'll tell you this: I have a female friend with an IQ of over 150. That's higher than my 137.

It's a well known fact that women are smarter than men. :p

It took me several internet IQ tests to get a satisfactory number for myself, but I won't say what it is unless peacemaker goes first. :p