• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ladies on the forum, do you consider yourself to be a feminist?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
"feminist" is such an unattractive quality. It calls to mind images of women in short haircuts who refuse to wear anything but pants to cover their legs and act like they have a chip on their shoulder.
Anything else on your mind regarding feminism, or is that it?

Alceste

Vagabond
Anything else on your mind regarding feminism, or is that it?

I love how you can see the comments of people you put on "ignore" ages ago - and completely forgot about - in other people's replies. You are reminded why you have them on ignore at the exact same moment you notice they exist.

uberrobonomicon4000

For one thing, a ship needs one captain. Imagine a ship with two captains both equal in rank and with the same authority. It would be chaos and confusion once they butt heads and would divide the crew.
I would personally like to have two lady captains if i could be the vessel. :D

They could just set sail in any direction they wanted too and if worse came to worse I would give them the privileged to sink my ship.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Something else that must be made clear. Under no circumstances do I support a family model in which the husband is some dictator. I think he should love his wife like he loves himself. I simply believe that he has the final word.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
For one thing, a ship needs one captain. Imagine a ship with two captains both equal in rank and with the same authority. It would be chaos and confusion once they butt heads and would divide the crew.
Ships routinely have two captains who switch back and forth between the "above deck duties" like captain's dinners, etc., and the "below deck" duties involving keeping the ship running and in good repair.

Wherenextcolumbus

Do you have a link you can PM me? I'd like to see it.

I get what you and Dawny are saying. I just see the two as mutually exclusive, and respectfully disagree. The enemy of feminism isn't men, but patriarchy and inequality. But here we are again. :shrug:

Ill PM you

Last edited by a moderator:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Yeah there is. I think feminists make women who believe it's right to submit to their husband feel like they're wrong.

I take no issue with subs who are female who individually partake in power-distinct relationships with men who are dominant.

I just take issue when it's used as propaganda as an absolute across the board. There are women and men who are much happier when SHE'S in charge, you know. ;)

dust1n

Zindīq
What the hell does submit to the husband imply? What is a man getting the last word? I can't tell if this all a joke or an argument against women voting.

Alceste

Vagabond
I take no issue with subs who are female who individually partake in power-distinct relationships with men who are dominant.

I just take issue when it's used as propaganda as an absolute across the board. There are women and men who are much happier when SHE'S in charge, you know. ;)

In sub-dom relationships it's pretty sketchy not to have a safeword. :p

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
Something else that must be made clear. Under no circumstances do I support a family model in which the husband is some dictator. I think he should love his wife like he loves himself. I simply believe that he has the final word.

Why is that?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

And... what does that have to do with anything?

Alceste

Vagabond
Why is that?

Because he has a very fragile, narcissistic ego and can only accept romantic intimacy if he perceives his partner as an extension of himself.

220px-Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

In the old days, the husband only had the final word in matters that went on outside the house. But in the house and in regards to all domestic matters, the wife was the final authority.

Gender roles do not suppose either one having the final word in all things, but in what they're most experienced with. They're also pretty much unnecessary in modern times.

Last edited: