• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ladies on the forum, do you consider yourself to be a feminist?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
This come down to what submission actually looks like. I simply said I believe the man has the final say. That does not mean that the lady has to quietly take orders like some slave. Of course a women should be able to stand up to her man when she needs to. Think about the work place. When the boss is being an idiot and about to make a foolish decision, a subordinate is perfectly right to try to correct the error of his/her ways. It doesn't mean that the subordinate suddenly has an authority which supercedes her boss.

I have a pretty good handle on what dominance and submission looks like. ;)

Take a closer look at what is the most honest and healthiest interaction between a dom (or a domme) and a sub. What is the point of the safeword? Who gets to decide when to use the safeword? Is the safeword final, or does the dom/domme decide whether the safeword is legitimate? In all instances, the submissive has all the power AND the authority over himself or herself to decide when enough is enough. Not when the "boss is being an idiot." But to re-establish trust and communication:

- Subs trust and submit to their dom/domme in a variety of ways where - in my POV, personally - the dominant completely cares for and assumes responsibility for the subs happiness, health, growth, and discipline. The dominant makes decisions to push, pull, and rope the sub along toward excitement, spontaneity, better manners, ethics, or however the sub agrees to.

- Doms/dommes trust the sub to always establish very clear boundaries of what is allowable in the power transfer and what isn't. This is an ABSOLUTE, and it is expressed through the "safe word." Dominants can't read minds, and rely completely on the subs awareness of when behaviors and words go too far.

What I'm getting from your examples, peacemaker, is that all men are inherently dominant, and all women are inherently submissive, and that all women only want a man who will take charge and decide what's good for them in their marriage and in their household. However, there is no clear distinction about what gives a woman the "right" to stand up to her husband when he still has the final say without crossing some arbitrary line of authority.

In reality, what happens in these types of dysfunctional relationships, is that abuse of power is a tremendous risk. A woman who must feel she cannot usurp her husband's authority while standing up to his behavior if it is destructive to her, to him, to the children, or to their property most often will not stand up to it unless he gives her the "okay".

That is not a functional submission. It is de-humanizing.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
That is complete nonsense.

1) The guys who complain that women don't like nice guys are never nice. They are guys who assume that if they are friendly, respectful and kind to a woman she owes them sex. If she doesn't deliver, they feel ripped off and whine about it. Is that nice? No, it isn't.

2) I see my husband as a man all the more because he doesn't have childish, narcissistic expectations of what it means to be a husband. He's gentle, kind and a fantastic cook. I sent previous boyfriends who wanted my deference because of their genitals packing, because as far as I am concerned they were mentally ill. Life is too short to spend it patting little boys on the head, reassuring them that they're big boys, really.

miss me?:D

dust1n

Zindīq
What if, me being the man and having a final say in the house, declare myself no longer having a final say in the house?

:head hurts now:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
What if, me being the man and having a final say in the house, declare myself no longer having a final say in the house?

:head hurts now:

According to some, it would instantly make you gutless and weak.

Or acting too much like a woman. I dunno. But I never have been given a straight answer why demeaning a man for submission when the expectation is that women should submit. And to feel a respect for her at the same time. Strange logic indeed.

*places cold rag on dust1n's head*

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Moonwater's business analogy makes far more sense than a military one. Sure, while Samurai literature can inspire both militaries and businesses alike, the two are quite different in terms of goals. Businesses make money to protect themselves and their workers, which is much closer to what families do, than militaries which protect through brute force the homeland, or invade others for resources.

Even considering that there should be one family member with the final say in all matters, there's no reason why it has to be the husband, and not the wife.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Everyone KNOWS that men always have the final say on any matter. ALWAYS.

''Yes, ma'am!"

Alceste

Vagabond
According to some, it would instantly make you gutless and weak.

Or acting too much like a woman. I dunno. But I never have been given a straight answer why demeaning a man for submission when the expectation is that women should submit. And to feel a respect for her at the same time. Strange logic indeed.

*places cold rag on dust1n's head*

D'uh, Mystic, it's because of the penis. When you're wearing your penis, you know you can always get me to submit to your will.

Penises are the original magic wand.

Straw Dog

Businesses make money to protect themselves and their workers, which is much closer to what families do, than militaries which protect through brute force the homeland, or invade others for resources.

You mean, you've never annexed your neighbors? I recommend negotiating with their dogs, which make great hostages since they already come with Stockholm syndrome.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I suddenly feel like making somebody a sandwich. I don't know what's come over me!

That's just from magical energy being shot forth from my magical staff. Be sure to shield your eyes when it expels its hot, white light. It can be blinding.