• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LDS letter on same-sex marriage

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
And that is it, the state gave us the right to judge, and we did, it's called a referendum, gay marriage is not going to get you out of your filthy pit, cause the marriage that God instituted is between a man a woman.

There is nothing filthy about love and commitment.

Last edited by a moderator:

emiliano

So if the institution of marriage saved you... why deny that to others who can benefit from it as well?
Because you find it icky?

There are many religions, mine has no problem with gay marriage. God in my faith loves everyone and made everyone as they are for a reason.

Including my mate.
And yes, I'm very proud of my mate... who was a stellar man and is an even better woman.

It is offensive to me that you feel the right to dictate what I do in my home and what I and my mate do between ourselves and God.

You have no right to come between anyone and God. If God decides that we have done wrong, then let God decide that... We married for reasons of love and fieldelity far beyond the simple need for sex.

Your filthy pit is not ours, nor is it a reflection on our relationship and love.

wa:do

And that is it, the state gave us the right to judge, it's called referendum and we did, gay marriage is not going to get you out of your filthy pit, cause the marriage that God instituted is betweew a man and a woman.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
And that is it, the state gave us the right to judge, it's called referendum and we did, gay marriage is not going to get you out of your filthy pit, cause the marriage that God instituted is betweew a man and a woman.
Are you really so proud of this bile that you felt the need to post it twice? Just making sure painted wolf got the venom? How ******* pathetic.

emiliano

Are you really so proud of this bile that you felt the need to post it twice? Just making sure painted wolf got the venom? How ******* pathetic.

I am not going to lie to the man, that is what my religion says, I remind you that he is from another religion and they have different tents, the story that I shared is a Christian experience, he not a Christian, so, what are to going on about?
000202EC.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
By the way, those "free" over-sized smileys you enjoy using so much almost certainly come from one of those dubious sites that bombard your computer with adware and spyware. Most people are intelligent enough not to click such links.

emiliano

By the way, those "free" over-sized smileys you enjoy using so much almost certainly come from one of those dubious sites that bombard your computer with adware and spyware. Most people are intelligent enough not to click such links.
I like them, they a free and I don't have secrets that I need to be concerned about, spyware don't bother me much.You dont come acroos as intelliegent to me, but that's is my opinion, you are entitle to your.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I like them, they a free and I don't have secrets that I need to be concerned about, spyware don't bother me much.You dont come acroos as intelliegent to me, but that's is my opinion, you are entitle to your.

It's not so much a matter of secrets and personal privacy as it is system performance and stability. And your assessment of my intelligence breaks my heart.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
And that is it, the state gave us the right to judge, and we did, it's called a referendum, gay marriage is not going to get you out of your filthy pit, cause the marriage that God instituted is between a man a woman.
Actually my state is fully behind our marriage.

I'm not in a pit... God seems quite pleased with us. We married, as I said, out of mutual respect not lust. Our relationship is healthy and thriving with the blessings it was given by our faith.

I find it telling that when my mate is male (as she was born) you were full of praise for us.
When you find out my mate is a woman (despite her birth circumstances) suddenly you find us vile.

Watchmen

Premium Member
your filthy pit

Here's some reading for you. I looked at this stuff for a law school activity I'm working on.

Here is the current version of the Standards of Care (“The World Professional Association for Transgender Health's Standards of Care for Gender Identity Disorders articulate our organization's professional consensus about the psychiatric, psychological, medical, and surgical management of gender identity disorders. Professionals may use this document to understand the parameters within which they may offer assistance to those with these problems. This document may also assist you with your research and understanding of the current thinking of professionals.”):

· http://wpath.org/Documents2/socv6.pdf (see pp. 8 - 11 for discussion of medical interventions for youth. In particular, the standards state that “Any surgical intervention should not be carried out prior to adulthood, or prior to a real-life experience of at least two years in the gender role of the sex with which the adolescent identifies. The threshold of 18 should be seen as an eligibility criterion and not an indication in itself for active intervention.”).

Here are a few other resources that might be helpful:

· http://www.thetaskforce.org/downloads/reports/reports/TransgenderEquality.pdf (this document has a lot of helpful basic information about transgender and transsexual people, and how transgender issues are different from, but nonetheless related to, issues related to sexual orientation).

· Transgender youth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (noting that “obtaining sex reassignment surgery prior to the age of 18 is almost impossible in most countries”).

· http://www.actforyouth.net/documents/GrowingUpTransPt1_March08.pdf

· Transgender Emergence: Therapeutic ... - Google Book Search

emiliano

Actually my state is fully behind our marriage.

I'm not in a pit... God seems quite pleased with us. We married, as I said, out of mutual respect not lust. Our relationship is healthy and thriving with the blessings it was given by our faith.

I find it telling that when my mate is male (as she was born) you were full of praise for us.
When you find out my mate is a woman (despite her birth circumstances) suddenly you find us vile.

That is because your is not a same sex marriage, it it? your mate is legaly a person with a different sex than your, so this had nothing to do with this discussion.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
That is because your is not a same sex marriage, it it? your mate is legaly a person with a different sex than your, so this had nothing to do with this discussion.
Actually it does.
While we were married as a 'man' and a woman we live as wife and wife.
In time, she will be legally counted as a woman and not as man... even having her birth certificate changed.

I knew she was a woman before the marriage and I support her in every step she takes.
I refuse to give up my love for her or my commitment for her because of her sex.

I didn't fall in love with her genitals, I fell in love with her soul. And nothing you say can make me ashamed of that love or invalidate it before God.

I don't care how many people agree with you. Neither does God.
And I'm happy to say, neither does my government, which will honor our marriage vows. Even if we did marry as woman and woman my state would honor us and our mutual commitment.

emiliano

Here's some reading for you. I looked at this stuff for a law school activity I'm working on.

Here is the current version of the Standards of Care (“The World Professional Association for Transgender Health's Standards of Care for Gender Identity Disorders articulate our organization's professional consensus about the psychiatric, psychological, medical, and surgical management of gender identity disorders. Professionals may use this document to understand the parameters within which they may offer assistance to those with these problems. This document may also assist you with your research and understanding of the current thinking of professionals.”):

· http://wpath.org/Documents2/socv6.pdf (see pp. 8 - 11 for discussion of medical interventions for youth. In particular, the standards state that “Any surgical intervention should not be carried out prior to adulthood, or prior to a real-life experience of at least two years in the gender role of the sex with which the adolescent identifies. The threshold of 18 should be seen as an eligibility criterion and not an indication in itself for active intervention.”).

· http://www.thetaskforce.org/downloads/reports/reports/TransgenderEquality.pdf (this document has a lot of helpful basic information about transgender and transsexual people, and how transgender issues are different from, but nonetheless related to, issues related to sexual orientation).

· Transgender youth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (noting that “obtaining sex reassignment surgery prior to the age of 18 is almost impossible in most countries”).

This is an altogether separate issue and is not the issue that the referendum addressed, I discussed that in other forum and research it so thank, but this had nothing to do with the topic of same sex marriages cause after the surgery , they are reg cognised as the sex that the surgeon gives them and the have gotten pretty good at this type of procedures and as you said it is a decision that is not taken slightly, the person have to undergo a long process of preparation and get informed of what it will mean for the future, the permanent removal or all the reproductive organs is just one, the need for hormone therapy for life is another, it should be remember that this is not the creation of a better person just one that is in accordance with their behaviours.

Watchmen

Premium Member
This is an altogether separate issue and is not the issue that the referendum addressed, I discussed that in other forum and research it so thank, but this had nothing to do with the topic of same sex marriages cause after the surgery , they are reg cognised as the sex that the surgeon gives them and the have gotten pretty good at this type of procedures and as you said it is a decision that is not taken slightly, the person have to undergo a long process of preparation and get informed of what it will mean for the future, the permanent removal or all the reproductive organs is just one, the need for hormone therapy for life is another, it should be remember that this is not the creation of a better person just one that is in accordance with their behaviours.

It has EVERYTHING to do with you calling their relationship "filthy." Don't try to sneak away now, snake. We've heard your hiss and felt your bites. The only problem is you don't know you're fangless. You're quips are like the nudgings of a sock puppet.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
These came to mind, 1951 on communist and communism
1967 on the Aborigines and the ones on conscription .
Here is a site if you are interested:

I don't give a damn about those referendums, i mean on homosexuality. How many times have we been given a chance to show the leaders how we view homosexual marriages? Yep, not once. Given the website i gave you wouldn't you agree that its about time?

emiliano

Hang on to your pink hot pants mate! I have no problem in continuing this discussion and admitting that I don’t like militant queers, but GID is a mental disorder and the surgical solution allows them to legally apply for marriage to a person of the different sex, it isn’t the same case as a same sex marriages.

emiliano

I don't give a damn about those referendums, i mean on homosexuality. How many times have we been given a chance to show the leaders how we view homosexual marriages? Yep, not once. Given the website i gave you wouldn't you agree that its about time?

And that the problem, there is no interest in this issue at the moment soooo?
To call for a referendund there must be an interest in the subject. Do you want me to send you the money so you can call someone the cares about your opinion?