• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leaving RF awhile

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Hello everybody. I know I haven't been on RF that long, but I am gonna leave for a bit, not sure how long. I'm leaving because I can't take the accusations I recieve from rabid members of the Christian Defense Squad, who seem to think that asking questions about Christianity is attacking it. So I'm going away a bit. Peace and love to everybody.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life
If it really bothers you, then you probably shouldn't be debating here anyways. An accusation (especially a baseless one) is absolutely worthless.

Besides, it helps not to make vast and sweeping generalizations (as I've seen you do a few times).

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
If it really bothers you, then you probably shouldn't be debating here anyways. An accusation (especially a baseless one) is absolutely worthless.

Besides, it helps not to make vast and sweeping generalizations (as I've seen you do a few times).
I have to agree with this. Especially after seeing the OP use an insulting term for anyone who suggests that he has different motives to his posts.

.lava

Veteran Member
Hello everybody. I know I haven't been on RF that long, but I am gonna leave for a bit, not sure how long. I'm leaving because I can't take the accusations I recieve from rabid members of the Christian Defense Squad, who seem to think that asking questions about Christianity is attacking it. So I'm going away a bit. Peace and love to everybody.

hope to see you again :)

123VOXON

Hey... if you are seeking truth... do not allow a few christian, or anyone keep you from achieving your goal. I find it necessary to look past some christians in order to see Christ

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Considering that the majority of your posts are generalized or out of context posts about the Abrahamic faiths, you should have the integrity to withstand criticism of this trend.
you are not asking questions about Christianity, you are generalizing other people's tradition or culture on regular basis, which BTW they seem to take fine without dramatically announcing that they are leaving.
considering that it took so little to break you, perhaps this place is not for you. people of all groups have to deal with plenty of criticism and challenges on this forum, and many of them have endured a few good years here and going strong.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

It shouldn't come as any surprise to expect a variety of feedback depending on what you type on the monitor. No offense but I'm reading you as someone who is engaged in a "prodding/poking/searching around" phase in regards to spirituality and religion, and desires a degree of attention to boot. Albeit many of us more or less do that from time to time.

You come across as a nice person and well meaning from what I can tell so far so just be mindful as to what you say and how you say it. It doesn't mean you cant ever criticise or make generalizations, but expect the karma to be reflected back if you do so.

Nothing wrong with taking sabbaticals from forums though (About high time I do so Myself here :)) but at times IMO, it's best to take the brunt of the Kayusaku stick (The wisdom stick) of life. Even on Internet forums such as this.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
I haven't read many of your posts, as I don't frequent this forum as much as I used to, but if what the others are saying is true, then perhaps they're right about this forum not being right for you.

This is a debate forum, and there are many, many intelligent people here from every religion. And even an idiot can tell when they're being lumped into a category into which they don't fit. It's just the intelligent ones that can more effectively call you out on it. I know, because I wasn't aware of how I came off when I first started here until people called me on it. And if you're unwilling to take that criticism, perhaps you should either watch some actual debates, lurk on the forum and just read for a while, or maybe you're just not cut out for t3h intarw3bz in general, as any forum you go to, you'll encounter baseless accusations and criticism of your character.

John D

Spiritsurfer
I am a Christian and got slammed a few times by the "defenders" Especially Mr Emo.
It is not that bad. Change your attitude, dude !!!

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Yosef, if you think you're attacked on this site for "questioning the Abrahamic faiths," you ought to try being a conservative Christian regular on this site for awhile.

This is a debate forum and debating is not for the overly sensitive. Nor is it for those who prefer inflammatory statements over a true search for understanding.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
why would not it be right place for him? i think it is good to learn about ourselves too

I agree, but what I'm saying is that if he can't handle it, then he should either just lurk for a while and learn or find another place that's more suitable for him.

joea

Oshoyoi
I urge you to stay on..You came here to debate...now debate. Christians have their own point of view, you have yours....I see you're not in a collective: At least you have individuality.