• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lebanon's "Act of War"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
From the Jerusalem Post

PM Olmert declares Hizbullah attack 'act of war' by Lebanon

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert declared during a press conference with Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi Wednesday afternoon that the Hizbullah attack was an "act of war" and not terror. He called it an unprovoked assault by a sovereign nation and held Lebanon, where Hizbullah has a minister in the government, fully responsible.

"Israel's response will be restrained but very, very, very painful," Olmert said.​
It's beginning ...

Ody

Jaiket said:

I am afraid for both sides, this could escalate it to all out war between the two neighbors , andwhat happened in the 80s to leb. by the likudniks wasn't good....

And many of the likudniks joined kadima! :(

kai

ragamuffin
why is it a surprise to any one Hezbollah is using the tactics of Hamas to try and provoke Israel into further military action to promote the idea of Israels belligerance.
for Israel its a catch 22 situation they are wrong to respond and wrong to do nothing

sindbad5

kai said:
the idea of Israels belligerance.
It's not an idea,,, it's a fact, at least from my point of view.

kai said:
for Israel its a catch 22 situation they are wrong to respond and wrong to do nothing
i agree,,, it's a dilemma
but byond that situation, i guess looking at the actions in isolation from the whole situation in the medeast is a try to free israel from taking responsabilites of its devilish actions thru the past 60 years.

Israel occupaied Palestenian lands,
it kills hundredes of thousands in lebanon, palestine and other neighbours,
it have a teremendous war machine,
it threats the entire region with nukes,
it refuses to deal with a democratic government (although its master -USA- causes us headache trying to teach us democracy, that turned to be the democracy of occupying and stealing our lands and petrol, or supporting our tyrants)

Israel(5 million) act as if it's a super power, in a region full of oppression and anger.
what an arrogance !!!

for israel, there's no way but to choose the (faire) peace, and to return the land to its owners and to cease acting as- what i say? israel :)

israel can't sowallow the entire cake!,,,, i ask it to live and let others live also

c0da

for israel, there's no way but to choose the (faire) peace, and to return the land to its owners and to cease acting as- what i say? israel :)

israel can't sowallow the entire cake!,,,, i ask it to live and let others live also

Why are Israel in Gaza?

Why have Israel just entered Lebannon?

Israel has been provoked by each country. The occupations of each of the above countrys' areas could have been avoided.

sindbad5

c0da2006 said:
Why are Israel in Gaza?

to make palastinian life more misrable

c0da2006 said:
Why have Israel just entered Lebannon?
to make lebanese people and palastinian refugees (since 1948, 1967) life more misrable

c0da2006 said:
Israel has been provoked by each country. The occupations of each of the above countrys' areas could have been avoided.

i'm glad to hear from you that gaza is a country

kai

ragamuffin
sindbad5 said:
It's not an idea,,, it's a fact, at least from my point of view.

i agree,,, it's a dilemma
but byond that situation, i guess looking at the actions in isolation from the whole situation in the medeast is a try to free israel from taking responsabilites of its devilish actions thru the past 60 years.

Israel occupaied Palestenian lands,
it kills hundredes of thousands in lebanon, palestine and other neighbours,
it have a teremendous war machine,
it threats the entire region with nukes,
it refuses to deal with a democratic government (although its master -USA- causes us headache trying to teach us democracy, that turned to be the democracy of occupying and stealing our lands and petrol, or supporting our tyrants)

Israel(5 million) act as if it's a super power, in a region full of oppression and anger.
what an arrogance !!!

israel is trying to leave Gaza and the west bank ,which were formerly occupied by Egypt and Jordan, the rest of palestinian land is occupied by jordan syria lebanon and iraq.
Hezbollah brings Israel to Lebanon,Hamas brings Israel to Gaza
It has no less a war machine than the nations who have threatened to drive the jews into the sea such as Syria, have the Syrians finished occupying Lebanon yet
It threatens no one with nukes
Hamas is at war with Israel yet you expect them to deal with a government who broke the ceasefire .
Israel is indeed surrounded in a region full of oppression, anger and arrogance.
its time to wake up and smell the coffee

Ezzedean

Being Lebanese (living in Canada) this situation bothers me. My parents were born in Lebanon and some of my aunts/uncles/ 1st cousins and grandma are in Lebanon so I hope things to escalate.

Fluffy

A fool
they are wrong to respond and wrong to do nothing

I don't think they are wrong to respond. They have to respond whilst doing everything to protect any innocents on the opposing side that are likely to get caught up in the fight. They also need to make a very big deal out of the latter.

croak

Trickster
I'm hearing bombs as I type.

Well, Israel has severly damaged all three runways at the airport, thus forcing the airport to close, resulting in losses of $2 million each day it's closed; bombed just about all the bridges connecting the South to the rest of Lebanon; bombed an airbase in the Beqa'a Valley; bombed the Beirut suburbs and hit the Al-Manar building, which is Hizbullah's oh-so-annoying television station; killed around 50 people so far, the vast majority civilians and including children; and... should I go on?

I'm not saying Hizbullah's innocent. But why should the whole country pay the price for some fanatical leader who's welcoming Israel with open arms?

Mom just told me they hit the fuel at the airport. I wonder why... maybe because Hizbullah needs it, right? -sarcasm-

And yeah, it's war.

croak

Trickster
Oh, and for those that don't know:

Plenty of people were kidnapped during the Civil War and detained in both Israel and Syria without trial, including women and children. I'm not saying what Hizbullah did was right, but Israel should have released such people and prevented this from happening in the first place.

And I'm pretty sure they are use torture...

Part of the airport is ablaze.

A

angellous_evangellous

RearingArabian said:
I'm hearing bombs as I type.

Well, Israel has severly damaged all three runways at the airport, thus forcing the airport to close, resulting in losses of $2 million each day it's closed; bombed just about all the bridges connecting the South to the rest of Lebanon; bombed an airbase in the Beqa'a Valley; bombed the Beirut suburbs and hit the Al-Manar building, which is Hizbullah's oh-so-annoying television station; killed around 50 people so far, the vast majority civilians and including children; and... should I go on?

I'm not saying Hizbullah's innocent. But why should the whole country pay the price for some fanatical leader who's welcoming Israel with open arms?

Mom just told me they hit the fuel at the airport. I wonder why... maybe because Hizbullah needs it, right? -sarcasm-

And yeah, it's war.

I will pray for you and your family.

Yes... you should go on. It is a privledge for us to hear your voice.

I've wondered why Israel would attack the airport. I've read that Lebanon military and especially Hizbullah operates only helicopters and has no planes.

Fluffy

A fool
Plenty of people were kidnapped during the Civil War and detained in both Israel and Syria without trial, including women and children. I'm not saying what Hizbullah did was right, but Israel should have released such people and prevented this from happening in the first place.

*sigh* I agree :(. I really hope it doesn't escalate. I just want the suffering to end permanently.

A

angellous_evangellous

angellous_evangellous said:
I've wondered why Israel would attack the airport. I've read that Lebanon military and especially Hizbullah operates only helicopters and has no planes.

Ah --- I see now.

http://dailynightly.msnbc.com/2006/07/why_did_israel_.html

"Analysts say there are two possible reasons and they are not mutually exclusive. Israel wants to keep Iranian arms from getting in and Israeli captives from being flown out.

"Beirut Airport has long been key to Iran's supply of all kinds of material to Hezbollah. Iran's Revolutionary Guard has supplied Hezbollah with more than $1 billion of supplies over the past 25 years, say U.S. intelligence officials, as much as $150 million a year during tense times. The majority of it is flown in on an Iranian 747 cargo jet that unloads at Beirut Airport, where Hezbollah agents pick it up and drive it to the Bekkah valley south of the Lebanese capital. Anti-aircraft batteries, Katyusha rockets, armored vehicles, small arms, anti-tank missiles, etc. have all been sent.

"Beirut is the only airport in Lebanon capable of handling that 747."

Status
Not open for further replies.