• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Less than 1% of the over 250 million cars are EV's

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No. You once again only demonstrated that you do not understand how to properly defend a claim.

Here is the number one basic rule of debate, when one makes a positive assertation then one has taken on a burden of proof. If one does not defend that burden of proof when challenged it is no different from admitting that one is wrong. Hitchens' Razor is a variation on this rule. You only handwaved in an argument. A mere wave of a hand refutes that argument.
No I have a pay check to look at.

Amongst the other countless and lucrative tax schemes that are out there in the interim.

Crony taxation exists btw.

Give up. You lost.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No I have a pay check to look at.

Amongst the other countless and lucrative tax schemes that are out there in the interim.

Crony taxation exists btw.

Give up. You lost.
Nope. I am not the one that made claims and refuse to support them.

Yes, a good chunk of one's wages does go to taxation. That does not support your claim at all. You also use quite a few of the services provided by taxation and you will use even more services later in your life.

This is the problem with "reformers" . When they get elected and put into office and see the details they start to say "Oh we can't cut that". Is the system perfect? No. But I doubt if you could do the job any better. You would probably do it worse than the current politicians are.

Twilight Hue

Nope. I am not the one that made claims and refuse to support them.

Yes, a good chunk of one's wages does go to taxation. That does not support your claim at all. You also use quite a few of the services provided by taxation and you will use even more services later in your life.

This is the problem with "reformers" . When they get elected and put into office and see the details they start to say "Oh we can't cut that". Is the system perfect? No. But I doubt if you could do the job any better. You would probably do it worse than the current politicians are.
Actually I'd do it better although I'm not the first one to think of it.

A flat percentage rate where taxes are equally paid based on income alone. No loopholes or rigged schemes. As Cruz proposed, aside from a no tax below a low end income

All essentialy on a postcard.

Flat Tax

That's how I would rumble.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Actually I'd do it better although I'm not the first one to think of it.

A flat percentage rate where taxes are equally paid based on income alone. No loopholes or rigged schemes. As Cruz proposed, aside from a no tax below a low end income

All essentialy on a postcard.

Flat Tax

That's how I would rumble.
Flat taxes are not fair either. And the real estate industry would hate you. The reason that we have a graduated income tax is that there are minimum costs to live. It is not really fair to tax people that are living at or close to the minimum.

There is a taxation that should be added. And that is a wealth tax. Right now the poor subsidize the rich. It takes a lot of money to protect wealth and that protection is not coming form the rich. Once one is wealthy one can shelter most of that wealth and the only time one pays taxes is when one gets even richer.

Twilight Hue

Exactly what would best suit the vast majority of us, functionally. Inexpensive, lightweight, efficient, and capable.
That's what Hitler said with the Volkswagen Beetle.

Couldn't help it. Went straight to Godwin.

PureX

Veteran Member
That's what Hitler said with the Volkswagen Beetle.

Couldn't help it. Went straight to Godwin.
And it was an amazing success as a motor vehicle. But now we have better technology, and we can fill that same purpose with an even better vehicle. This time an EV, and far more reliable.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I hope you are right about " well within".

As for lithium batteries, those can't be the long term answer. H2 seems perfect if we can do it.
By "well within", I mean that the technology for wind and solar, at costs lower than fossil fuel options, is already here and widely installed, at scale. The limiting factors are speed of roll-out (which largely comes down to political will) and, more significantly, the provision of enough electricity storage and/or novel ways of managing electricity demand, so as to cope with the intermittent nature of generation from renewables.

I feel sure that H2 will have a role. Apart from heavy-duty and remote transport applications where batteries would be too bulky, too heavy or too impractical to recharge, there is the whole infrastructure of domestic heating. If we can get a critical mass of demand for hydrogen together for HD transport, the economics would be transformed if we also used it to put through existing gas pipes for heating. That would save the massive and costly re-engineering of the housing stock to take electric heat pumps and so forth. (As I've reported elsewhere, there have been pilot studies that show you can put up to 25% H2 into domestic gas supplies without even needing to change anything, not even the burners. So that's one way to build up demand to achieve critical mass, while immediately reducing emissions by 25%.)

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
By "well within", I mean that the technology for wind and solar, at costs lower than fossil fuel options, is already here and widely installed, at scale. The limiting factors are speed of roll-out (which largely comes down to political will) and, more significantly, the provision of enough electricity storage and/or novel ways of managing electricity demand, so as to cope with the intermittent nature of generation from renewables.

I feel sure that H2 will have a role. Apart from heavy-duty and remote transport applications where batteries would be too bulky, too heavy or too impractical to recharge, there is the whole infrastructure of domestic heating. If we can get a critical mass of demand for hydrogen together for HD transport, the economics would be transformed if we also used it to put through existing gas pipes for heating. That would save the massive and costly re-engineering of the housing stock to take electric heat pumps and so forth. (As I've reported elsewhere, there have been pilot studies that show you can put up to 25% H2 into domestic gas supplies without even needing to change anything, not even the burners. So that's one way to build up demand to achieve critical mass, while immediately reducing emissions by 25%.)
I hope you are right.