• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Less than 1% of the over 250 million cars are EV's

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
My plan. Charging cars should have a higher electric rate. Its that simple. Charging stations at home or abroad should have a higher electric rate that goes to the roads.

Don't worry. Politictions and corporations will see to that once they force people onto them and then severely gouge them for all its worth.

Then it's back to square one.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You missed this part too..

The union, the city, the location of work, etc. I always support my claims. You decline as usual.

But wait. You purposely cut that out as you did the other stuff.
Well lil mister that is quote mining. You nasty little dog lol
More unevidenced claims. The wavey still defeats you. And I did not edit any of your posts in my quotes.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Don't worry. Politictions and corporations will see to that once they force people onto them and then severely gouge them for all its worth.

Then it's back to square one.
Do you seriously think that you are over taxed right now? You need to stop listening to right wing propaganda.

exchemist

Veteran Member
We aren't talking about the future. We are talking about the now.
A lot of things will change in the future, that doesn't help or aide the now.
But you keep on keeping on Joe :p:D.

My plan. Charging cars should have a higher electric rate. Its that simple. Charging stations at home or abroad should have a higher electric rate that goes to the roads.
Discussing the "now" is only useful in this thread to show where we are on the "long road" referred to in your first link. The whole thread is in fact about the future.

Taxation regimes are not immutable facts of physics: they are the result of policy of a particular government. As such they are well within our control and can adapted.

The current tax regime is designed to encourage the move to EVs, because you have to break into the chicken and egg cycle of not enough manufacture or service infrastructure because of not enough sales, and then not enough sales due to lack of manufacture and support infrastructure. As your very first post points out, we are still far from having enough EVs in service to meet our goal. So, naturally, government taxation regimes will be tuned to encourage growth of EVs. Obviously.

Your suggestion would simply put up another barrier to the adoption of EVs. I should have thought that would be obvious, too.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Do you seriously think that you are over taxed right now? You need to stop listening to right wing propaganda.
Yes. We are seriously overtaxed.

I don't need any left nor right wing propaganda that you so eagerly suck up to justify defending overtaxiation.

I see it directly every day, and every year, just how much over taxed people are, so i dont require any of your input whatsoever on that.

exchemist

Veteran Member

I don't need any left nor right wing propaganda that you so eagerly suck up to justify defending overtaxiation.

I see it directly every day, and every year, just how much over taxed people are, so i dont require any of your input whatsoever on that.
That's an empty assertion unless you can show by some objective means what the right level of taxation would be. My understanding is that if you compare the US tax burden with other developed countries, which is one way to do this, it is not particularly high.

It does cost money to provide all the things that a modern state is expected to provide for its citizens.

Twilight Hue

That's an empty assertion unless you can show by some objective means what the right level of taxation would be. My understanding is that if you compare the US tax burden with other developed countries, which is one way to do this, it is not particularly high.

It does cost money to provide all the things that a modern state is expected to provide for its citizens.
I prefer a historical context on the structure of taxation.

Independence Day: Taxes Then and Now | Tax Foundation

exchemist

Veteran Member
I prefer a historical context on the structure of taxation.

Independence Day: Taxes Then and Now | Tax Foundation
That's fatuous. What a useless yardstick! There is no comparison between what was needed a century or more ago and the expectations citizens have for a modern state. Defence, transport infrastructure, social security, education, law and order, and regulation of business, finance, health, safety and the environment - these barely existed in former times and all are demanded by modern citizens. Any government proposing to withdraw them would be instantly thrown out.

Twilight Hue

That's fatuous. What a useless yardstick! There is no comparison between what was needed a century or more ago and the expectations citizens have for a modern state. Defence, transport infrastructure, social security, education, law and order, and regulation of business, finance, health, safety and the environment - these barely existed in former times and all are demanded by modern citizens. Any government proposing to withdraw them would be instantly thrown out.
I don't justify the corruption like you do.

It worked then. It will work now.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Oh, another "I did my own research" claim. If we are seriously overtaxed who is getting the extra money?

PureX

Veteran Member
If Americans wanted simple cars they'd buy them.
From where? They aren't available. We've all been brainwashed to think we're supposed to buy these hugely over-engineered and absurdly expensive cars. Because that's were the big profits are to the manufacturers. And even if we bought something small and simple from some foreign manufacturer, we aren't allowed to drive them on our roads.
If you can't drive a golf cart in the highway, go join the big trucks with a little Kawasaki.
Most Americans rarely even need to drive on high speed expressways. They work and shop within a couple miles of where they live. And there are lightweight efficient vehicles that can go fast enough to drive on the highways.

Where I live I see guys driving gigantic extended cab heavy-duty trucks designed for commercial use and all they do is go back and forth to work in them. Why? Because that's what all the other guys have. It's wasteful to the point of stupidity, and yet no one thinks twice about it. Even as they all whine and complain about the high gasoline prices. That's the brainwashing of commercial advertising. We stopped advertising tobacco products because they're unnecessary and bad for out health. Yet we advertise horribly unnecessary and inefficient vehicles to the point where people think they're supposed to have them. And if anyone dared suggest that we stop promoting them, the oil companies and car manufacturers would squash that idea in an instant. Just as the tobacco companies tried to squash laws against advertising their unnecessary and dangerous products.

Claiming that "people want it" isn't a reasonable excuse for promoting or allowing something.

Audie

Veteran Member
From where? They aren't available. We've all been brainwashed to think we're supposed to buy these hugely over-engineered and absurdly expensive cars. Because that's were the big profits are to the manufacturers. And even if we bought something small and simple from some foreign manufacturer, we aren't allowed to drive them on our roads.
Most Americans rarely even need to drive on high speed expressways. They work and shop within a couple miles of where they live. And there are lightweight efficient vehicles that can go fast enough to drive on the highways.

Where I live I see guys driving gigantic extended cab heavy-duty trucks designed for commercial use and all they do is go back and forth to work in them. Why? Because that's what all the other guys have. It's wasteful to the point of stupidity, and yet no one thinks twice about it. Even as they all whine and complain about the high gasoline prices. That's the brainwashing of commercial advertising. We stopped advertising tobacco products because they're unnecessary and bad for out health. Yet we advertise horribly unnecessary and inefficient vehicles to the point where people think they're supposed to have them. And if anyone dared suggest that we stop promoting them, the oil companies and car manufacturers would squash that idea in an instant. Just as the tobacco companies tried to squash laws against advertising their unnecessary and dangerous products.

Claiming that "people want it" isn't a reasonable excuse for promoting or allowing something.
Brainwash whine complain conspiracy

Twilight Hue

Oh, another "I did my own research" claim. If we are seriously overtaxed who is getting the extra money?

Research? LOLROFLMAO!!!!!

I just look at where my own money goes! In real actual time!

Anyways you likely are not even familiar with Tax Cronyism and similar schemes. Like the general tax fund *ahem* *cough* *cough *

Audie

Veteran Member
All these systems depend on using electricity from zero or low carbon generation, which is well within our grasp.

The point about hydrogen is that it is a compact light weight energy store, compared to batteries. That provides an advantage for transport where a lot of energy needs to be stored, e. g. Trucks or off-grid vehicle operation.
I hope you are right about " well within".

As for lithium batteries, those can't be the long term answer. H2 seems perfect if we can do it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No I pretty much demonstrated I'm right.
No. You once again only demonstrated that you do not understand how to properly defend a claim.

Here is the number one basic rule of debate, when one makes a positive assertation then one has taken on a burden of proof. If one does not defend that burden of proof when challenged it is no different from admitting that one is wrong. Hitchens' Razor is a variation on this rule. You only handwaved in an argument. A mere wave of a hand refutes that argument.