• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Less than 1% of the over 250 million cars are EV's

Audie

Veteran Member
There is "green" hydrogen from electrolysis of water, using electricity, or "blue" hydrogen from steam reforming of natural gas, with capture of the CO2 produced as a byproduct: CH4 + 2H2O -> 4H2 + CO2

I know. Either directly from fossil fuels, or electrolysis.
The electricity tends to come from fossil
fuels.
Instead of using the electricity directly we
go through another step, losing efficiency, and make hydrogen.
How is this sensible?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I know. Either directly from fossil fuels, or electrolysis.
The electricity tends to come from fossil
fuels.
Instead of using the electricity directly we
go through another step, losing efficiency, and make hydrogen.
How is this sensible?
I think that I irritated Audie at one point. EV's are more efficient than ICE's even if the energy comes from fossil fuels. ICE's are incredibly inefficient. EV's utilize a much higher percentage of that energy. And there is an easy way to tell just visually. The waste energy from ICE's is turned into heat. As a result a radiator is a must for a car with almost any engine. The grills on cars are not just decorative. They are there to allow airflow. The radiator must be cooled down meanwhile the front end of a Tesla looks like this:

tesla-model-3-front-end-white.jpg

It takes much less cooling for a Tesla. And I wonder how much of that is for air conditioning. Meanwhile a full sized American car looks like this:

2022-Audi-A8-silver-full_color-driver_side_front_quarter.png

Notice that the grill is juuuuuust a little bit bigger. That car has to dump a lot of waste energy in the form of heat.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sure, everyone is driving them, no merit at all in the opinion.

Regards Tony
It takes time to switch over, but it is going to happen. A moral person would be for switching as soon as possible. I do not think that the founder of your church, who valued the science, would be too proud of you right now. Do you realize that AGW is a very serious threat? Not to you, or me. We are too old, but to our children and grandchildren it will be life threatening and worse life ending for many of them. The sooner that we act the less severe that those results are going to be. You probably will not every buy such a car. You could easily be on your last car now. But you should not interfere with the future of your descendants. You should be trying to support them the best that you can.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
It takes time to switch over, but it is going to happen. A moral person would be for switching as soon as possible. I do not think that the founder of your church, who valued the science, would be too proud of you right now. Do you realize that AGW is a very serious threat? Not to you, or me. We are too old, but to our children and grandchildren it will be life threatening and worse life ending for many of them. The sooner that we act the less severe that those results are going to be. You probably will not every buy such a car. You could easily be on your last car now. But you should not interfere with the future of your descendants. You should be trying to support them the best that you can.

Give us all a break and stop making it personal.

It all just Bla bla bla when you make it personal and I walk away.

Regards Tony

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Give us all a break and stop making it personal.

It all just Bla bla bla when you make it personal and I walk away.

Regards Tony
You made it personal first, but cannot see it.

Do you understand that AGW is a fact? Do you understand that we need to cut fossil fuel usage dramatically?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I think first we need to stop the wars and all the tyrants.

Regards Tony
Well, getting off of fossil fuels might help that. Think of how much money goes to regimes that are lest than just, only because they have large supplies of oil. There are alternatives. You probably will not have to switch to a hydrogen or battery car, but the technology that you wanted does exist. It is only a matter of infrastructure right now and those changes can be rather slow.

We Never Know

No Slack
Not when you have gone back to not being reasonable. If someone is willing to have rational discussion then no problem. I have a feeling that you will not abide by that common sense rule.

Move on bud. I frequently talk to front line workers out in Cali. You read articles. Enough said. I even gave you their union, address, etc. :p

We Never Know

No Slack
HItchens' Razor.

Good grief :facepalm:

Dude I've been here 3 1/2 years. When you are beaten you complain and whine, make false statements, claims and avoid.
You are the most suspended person here of all the posters that I know and you still can't figure it out.
That's what is so dang funny and that makes you the joke :D:p:D:p:D:p:D

Last edited: