• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let’s try a serious discussion about “wokeism”.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It is how it works.

It's a pretty stupid debate tactic , especially in light many examples are already well known and wildly used in media.

People look like complete idiots when they require examples for things already wildly known and shared.

Of course the exception is, if one has been completely and utterly living under a rock with no clue as to what has been said already.

Wow. What words shall we use to describe someone complaining of the way debate works when they are asked to furnish evidence?
It's says nothing about those asking for evidence to be furnished. But complaining about people making that request? Makes it look like you want to blow **** out of your nose without anyone calling you out.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Actually i was wondering the same thing if you ever did in kind.
I notice you didn't actually answer my question.

But you freaking out about a teacher being required by their employer to use their trans students correct pronouns and how it's "compelled speech" immediately reminded me about all the "compelled speech" when I worked in retail.

For instance, we had something they called the 20/20 rule: when any customer came within 20 feet of us, we were required to say "hello, can I help you with anything?" within 20 seconds.

Do you object to that sort of compelled speech, too? Or are you only worried about jerks being "compelled" to be minimally respectful in their workplace?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Wow. What words shall we use to describe someone complaining of the way debate works when they are asked to furnish evidence?
It's says nothing about those asking for evidence to be furnished. But complaining about people making that request? Makes it look like you want to blow **** out of your nose without anyone calling you out.
It's kind of ridiculous concerning all the coverage and exposure some subjects get including evidences and the like.

It's really a stupid game, and frankly I don't fall for that kind of BS when a subject is/has already been well talked about and already well known.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Names are perfect. Stay with proper pronouns and alls well.

Example is I have no problem calling Bruce Jenner , Catlin.

That said, I will never say Catlin is a real natural woman whatsoever. I have no problem referring to Catlin as a transwoman, because it's honest and truthful, but never a natural actual woman.
Has anyone ever asked you to call her a "natural actual woman" ... ????

Why not? And who cares? I mean, what's it to you to call someone a "she" when they've asked you to? Or to call someone Sally rather than Dan, when they've asked you to? Does it hurt you in some way? Does it cause you physical pain?
There are much, much bigger problems in this world than this stuff. How about we just call people whatever they want, and get on with it already. What's the point in being a jerk?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Has anyone ever asked you to call her a "natural actual woman" ... ????

Why not? And who cares? I mean, what's it to you to call someone a "she" when they've asked you to? Or to call someone Sally rather than Dan, when they've asked you to? Does it hurt you in some way? Does it cause you physical pain?
There are much, much bigger problems in this world than this stuff. How about we just call people whatever they want, and get on with it already. What's the point in being a jerk?
I go for honesty.

I get what your saying, but I'm as well as others, are not going to play pretend and act as if people are something that they're truthfully not.

I think one can be respectful, but firmly honest on such matters.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I go for honesty.
Then go with what the person is asking to be called. That's about as honest as you can get.

I get what your saying, but I'm as well as others, are not going to play pretend and act as if people are something that they're truthfully not.
You don't have to play anything. Just call someone what they wish to be called. You don't know what's going on in someone else's head and body. Who are you to say they aren't being truthful? It sounds like they're being as truthful as they can be, to me. And apart from inspecting peoples' genitals, you have no business calling people dishonest for expressing to you how they'd like to be addressed as a human being.

I think one can be respectful, but firmly honest on such matters.
None of this explains why you care so much and why you put up so much resistance to just calling someone what they prefer to be called. Do you just enjoy causing tension and causing someone distress, or .... ?

Anyway, it was great talking to you, Shmilight Shmue. Have a great day, Lady!