• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let’s try a serious discussion about “wokeism”.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
That's the best example you could come up with, that a teacher wasn't allowed to bully a student? If a teacher was fired for calling minority students racial slurs, what would be the difference, or do you think that should be allowed as well?
I always find this kind of stuff funny. Umm, pronouns are a part of speech and grammar, by definition.
The funniest are the people who proclaim that they don't recognize/use pronouns. o_O

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If you go to the suburbs of Rome, and ask around..."are you racist, by chance?"...they will tell you "yes, I am ". Not all of them...but a good percentage.

Same here with my wife's relatives, whereas a significant majority of them are anti-black racists. The hypocrisy is that so many Italians in the first half of the 20th century were stereotyped and discriminated against as well and yet now they are doing the same thing that was done to them! My wife has very much only limited her contact with that part of the family because they so much embarrass her.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Obviously you like to demand examples on just about everything on a subject as if you didn't know or something,
No, that's just how it works. You make a claim thus it is on you to furnish evidence.
And no, what you cite isn't some egregious loss of life. If it's the medical field it's a matter of proper treatment and you can't willfully be misidentifying people because everything must match as far as identity goes.
Education? It would be grounds for disciplinary action to repeatedly refer to a married woman as unmarried and by her maiden name just because the teacher disapproves of the marriage. It's not his position or job to judge that and he can grow the hell up and act like and adult and ***** about it on his own time.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Same here with my wife's relatives, whereas a significant majority of them are anti-black racists. The hypocrisy is that so many Italians in the first half of the 20th century were stereotyped and discriminated against as well and yet now they are doing the same thing that was done to them! My wife has very much only limited her contact with that part of the family because they so much embarrass her.

I understand. I wonder whether she understands the reason of the current political drift in her ancestors' fatherland.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
No, that's just how it works. You make a claim thus it is on you to furnish evidence.
And no, what you cite isn't some egregious loss of life. If it's the medical field it's a matter of proper treatment and you can't willfully be misidentifying people because everything must match as far as identity goes.
Education? It would be grounds for disciplinary action to repeatedly refer to a married woman as unmarried and by her maiden name just because the teacher disapproves of the marriage. It's not his position or job to judge that and he can grow the hell up and act like and adult and ***** about it on his own time.

I am not understanding how that works in the US. Marriage changes women's surname automatically?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not understanding how that works in the US. Marriage changes women's surname automatically?
Not American but I suspect it’s the same as other Western countries.
You have to go through the actual legal process to change your surname after marriage, if you so choose. But in social circumstances, it’s often just assumed to be a faux pas to refer to a married women by her maiden name. Regardless. Unless she specifies that she is okay with people doing that

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Not American but I suspect it’s the same as other Western countries.
You have to go through the actual legal process to change your surname after marriage, if you so choose. But in social circumstances, it’s often just assumed to be a faux pas to refer to a married women by her maiden name. Regardless. Unless she specifies that she is okay with people doing that

Here...no. I think pretty no woman changes her surname after marriage. Also because, after that gay marriage was legalized, that would have been pretty confusing since both spouses can be women....

Shadow Wolf

Here...no. I think pretty no woman changes her surname after marriage. Also because, after gay marriage was legalized, that would have been pretty confusing since both spouses can be women....
You really make me wonder how you can LGBT but say some of the most absurd anti-LGBT **** on this forum.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
You really make me wonder how you can LGBT but say some of the most absurd anti-LGBT **** on this forum.

I didn't.
I just highlighted that I consider the practice of taking your husband's surname not very "feminist".
It's patriarchal.
In Italy no wife changes her surname after marriage. Except very few cases of famous women who think that their husband's surname sounds prettier.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Here...no. I think pretty no woman changes her surname after marriage. Also because, after gay marriage was legalized, that would have been pretty confusing since both spouses can be women....
Women changing their surnames after marriage is something that is sometimes seen as old fashioned or out of date in some circles. Not all circles mind you. It’s still rather common for women to take the man’s surname. But it’s not legally mandatory or something women like to be pressured to do anymore
Generally speaking

I’m not sure what happens when two people of the same sex get married, with regards to their surnames. Not really any of my business. But I think like everyone else, the couple in question decides that for themselves

Shadow Wolf

I didn't.
Saying that in a gay marriage "both guys can be women" is a very traditional attack and mischaracterization of gay men and homosexuality as a whole. They aren't women and it's very rude, disrespectful and homophobic of you to consider either or both as such just because they're gay.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Saying that in a gay marriage "both guys can be women" is a very traditional attack and mischaracterization of gay men and homosexuality as a whole. They aren't women and it's very rude, disrespectful and homophobic of you to consider either or both as such just because they're gay.
By gay marriage I meant homosexual marriage. I meant in a homosexual marriage the spouses can be either both women or both men.
What did I say wrong?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yeah, it's bullying. And demeaning. And disrespectful.

If we were introduced and you told me your name was Mike, but I insisted on calling you Freddy, what would you think about me?
Names are perfect. Stay with proper pronouns and alls well.

Example is I have no problem calling Bruce Jenner , Catlin.

That said, I will never say Catlin is a real natural woman whatsoever. I have no problem referring to Catlin as a transwoman, because it's honest and truthful, but never a natural actual woman.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It is how it works.

It's a pretty stupid debate tactic , especially in light many examples are already well known and wildly used in media.

People look like complete idiots when they require examples for things already wildly known and shared.

Of course the exception is, if one has been completely and utterly living under a rock with no clue as to what has been said already.