• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's not talk about the Big Bang

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It does not need to be you have said it often enough. Or implied. Either way all I can say is that you are wrong since you will not listen to explanations of why you are wrong.
If you misquote me, it is an error on your part, and your explanations as a result is in error. Please pay attention.

We Never Know

No Slack
The point was that you are not asking the right questions.

Can you tell me why you did not like the globe analogy?

Earth doesn't represent space or the universe.

There is space South of the South pole and space North of the North pole.

Halfway between the moon and earth, for example... Which way is South? North? East? West?

Better yet, think of this "*" as the point start of the BB.

From * which way is North? South? East? West?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Earth doesn't represent space or the universe.

There is space South of the South pole and space North of the North pole.

Halfway between the moon and earth, for example... Which way is South? North? East? West?

Better yet, think of this "*" as the point start of the BB.

From * which way is North? South? East? West?
Dude! It can in an analogy. If you admit that you can never understand analogies then we might take another approach.

We Never Know

No Slack
The point was that you are not asking the right questions.

Can you tell me why you did not like the globe analogy?
"Can you tell me why you did not like the globe analogy?"

Is the universe a globe?

That's a clear valid question being you used a globe analogy. You won't answer but that's expected.

Once more... Is the universe a globe?

Last edited:

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Good grief! :facepalm:

107 pages of back and forth bickering BS!

Time, space, space-time wasn't then they were.

This "what's south of the south pole is a poor analogy". It applies to earth! There is no north, south, east, west, or up and down in space.

Either it all always existed or it all just came out of nowhere, poofed into existence

Now....
1. Show me it always existed
Or
2. Show me what it came from

Until then youns are just arguing BS beliefs.

Someone humor me and fill in the blank....

Time, space, space-time, the universe all weren't, the BB happened then they all were.
It all(BB included) came from ________?

It's an interesting topic with various opinions on what happened. What's your problem with people discussing it?

I have no idea but I like to read the discussion even if I don't sit in either camp, I might learn something. Although I failed in getting one simple question answered yesterday.

We Never Know

No Slack
It's an interesting topic with various opinions on what happened. What's your problem with people discussing it?

I have no idea but I like to read the discussion even if I don't sit in either camp, I might learn something. Although I failed in getting one simple question answered yesterday.

I can agree with that for I don't know either and don't mind saying I don't know.

However...

Time, space, space-time, the universe all weren't, the BB happened then they all were.

That is the $billion dollar question.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I can agree with that for I don't know either and don't mind saying I don't know.

However...

That is the $billion dollar question.

And worthy of discussion.

gnostic

The Lost One
Of course, while I can't answer every point you bring up, I will say that it seems reasonable to understand that it took time to prepare the earth for habitation, including allowing light to shine through. Did it have to? I don't know, I guess God could have done it in an instant rather than a long time in reference to letting the light through, etc. but that is not my question or concern. Yes, the Bible does not explain in detail how as you say -- God did these necessary things for life to come about in its varied forms on the earth, but it seems logically presented to me. Regardless of reference to heaven or firmament, still the term "heavens" does not have to be limited, my understanding is that it is what is 'out there' beyond the earth.

The thing is that I don't need the "God did it", to know biology work the way work, naturally.

All the "God did it" is the same superstitions used by other religions at that time, by their contemporary counterparts - the Egyptians, the Babylonians, the Persians, the Greeks, etc.

These religions have their own myths, and none of them explain anything concerning the Sun and Earth, and biology of life.

In facts, a lot of what they write about (about nature), are wrong, and that's including the Bible.

The Sun don't orbit the Earth, it is the Earth doing all the moving - the cycle of rotation on its axis, is what have Earth's surface shine with sunlight, or the absence of sunlight. The Earth also orbit around the Sun, not the other way around, and yet in Joshua, we have God stopping the sun's movement during a battle, which would mean the Sun orbiting the Earth.

Sorry, YoursTrue, but the Bible isn't accurate source of information about nature.

As to your comments about "heavens".

People can only write about what they know about at the time.

It is a very big stretch to believe that the ancient authors knew and saw more than today's astronomers about space.

In any given location on Earth, people in ancient (and medieval) times may be able to see and count about 2000 to 3000 stars, without the telescope...and that dependent on their eyesight.

And people who lived in ancient Israel, wouldn't see many of the stars in the southern hemisphere.

Today, we have been able to count the number of stars with the naked eye (meaning without binoculars or telescopes), the total number of stars that can be seen are less than 10,000 stars. That's only a tiny fraction in the over 200 billion stars in the Milky Way alone.

Before Edwin Hubble (in 1919), all astronomers assume there were only one galaxy in the universe. Hubble discovered that were many more galaxies between 1919 and 1953, many more galaxies that were misidentified as nebulas. Since Hubble, other astronomers have found many more galaxies, the number have increased exponentially. Even today, with the James Webb Space Telescope, we are still finding even more galaxies.

I think it is a mistake and intellectually dishonest for anyone to claim that Genesis authors were talking about "universe", when they are not.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
One would think so but all that is presented is...

Earth is a sphere, there is no South of the South pole. Therefore the BB just happened and there was no before. Case closed lol

You're simply misrepresenting an analogy because you don't like the poster.