• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's not talk about the Big Bang

We Never Know

No Slack
But 'then' implies a time before and a time after. As I said, it looks like you just can't get out of the intuitive notion of time that insists on some sort of concept of before, even when it is not needed in the current theory.
Lol

What wasn't-Time, the universe, etc. No pre BB

Then what was-
Time, the universe etc. Post BB

It wasn't then it was. It all poofed

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Again, I'm sure I can find clips of all astronauts also saying they believe life is abundant across the universe. The perspective you are talking about is a thing that happens to astronauts. It's true, space is very harsh and the planet has a fragile ecosystem and all that.
This isn't speaking to the idea that there are not millions of other planets similar to Earth? This is a perspective about how everyone on Earth is one species and we should take care of the planet and so on.
It does not mean Earth is the only life in the universe. Not at all.

Leroy Chiao, NASA astronaut and ISS commander, "I believe there is a LOT of life out there (in the universe)...it would be the height of arrogance to think we are the only life"

Dyane Carey, NASA shuttle astronaut - "when you do the math you can say there are millions and millions of planets that can support life in the universe..."
yeah, the math. LOL great. I love it -- "support life..." maybe you think before mankind exterminates itself (which, by the way, I don't think will happen BECAUSE of what the Bible says, but many scientifically inclined persons without hope or knowledge of the holy scriptures do ) -- astronauts will find "life" that evolved in other places? Or maybe life that just appeared in other places? Or maybe living beings that think and feel will visit the earth?
The life we can somewhat enjoy here is not found any other place. But if you think it may be found, hey, have a nice day if the elements beyond your control permit it. :)

YoursTrue

No possible game here. The claim of absolute nothing is an ancient philosophical belief without any evidence to support it,
So let me get this straight. You think something does not come from nothing, is that correct about your viewpoint? ok, better yet, you think there never was 'nothing.' There was always something. (do I have this correct now?)

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
yeah, the math. LOL great. I love it -- "support life..." maybe you think before mankind exterminates itself (which, by the way, I don't think will happen BECAUSE of what the Bible says, but many scientifically inclined persons without hope or knowledge of the holy scriptures do ) -- astronauts will find "life" that evolved in other places? Or maybe life that just appeared in other places? Or maybe living beings that think and feel will visit the earth?
The life we can somewhat enjoy here is not found any other place. But if you think it may be found, hey, have a nice day if the elements beyond your control permit it. :)
Unfortunately your entire history of your arguments on this forum is based on ancient tribal scripture; 'What the Bible says.'

We Never Know

No Slack
Need to make this condusing assertion? in the form os a coherent argument
What existed before the BB?
-No time, no universe because there was not pre correct?
What existed after the BB?
-Time, the universe, etc. existed post BB correct?

It wasn't then it was is straight forward with the BB theory

Then what was-

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Appear in the theory does not mean it it exists at the Quantum smallest scale. Like gravity it does NOT exist at the smallest Quantum scal.
Unless you can reference some current theory and evidence to support this, it remains just your own unjustified opinion.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Unless you can reference some current theory and evidence to support this, it remains just your own unjustified opinion.
Appear in the theory does not mean it it exists at the Quantum smallest scale. Like gravity it does NOT exist at the smallest Quantum scale.

For example how you describe gravity, which is OK gravity does not exist at the quantum smallest scale.

You have failed to present anything that would demonstrate that continuous time exists at the Quantum smallest scale.

We Never Know

No Slack
If time started at the BB, then "before the BB" is gibberish.

Don't quote mine

-No time, no universe because there was no pre correct?

Then what was-

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Then what was-
Still not clear repeating yourself. The singularity existed before-expansion of the universe likely in a boundless Quantum Matrix. There is also the possibility of a cyclic universe,

YoursTrue

Don't quote mine

Then what was-
Some here, and I'm sure there are more, believe that "something" always was...
@shunyadragon
Some thing. Some thing that didn't need to tell time. I guess. lol, sorry, I laugh easily some times.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I do not believe infinite regress or circular? applies here. Our phtsical existence is potentially boundless, infinite and/or eternal. Most likely simply boundless.

Is it possible to do infinite regress?

Therefore, the violation of metaphysical necessity is necessarily related to the assumption of an infinite temporal regress of events. Hence, an infinite temporal regress of events is metaphysically impossible.

Yeah, that is philosophy. The give aways are in the title - think - and metaphysics.