• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's not talk about the Big Bang

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
If something didn't exist and then it did exist, and there was no before.... Then it poofed into existence.

No, if there was no 'before', then it cannot have 'poofed'. It simply has always existed (throughout all time), but time itself is finite.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Yes, OK definition of gravity, Like continuous time I consider gravity an attribute of the physical of our universe. Both are not observed at the Quantum smallest scale. By physical I am referring to physical things and objects.
Sorry but you seem to be contradicting yourself about what is physical and continue to repeat the assertion about continua disappearing at the "Quantum smallest scale" which isn't current physics (tested theory).

You mean?!?!?
What I said. Continuous space and time appear in current quantum theory.

Continuous time and space, and gravity are a properties of universe at the largest scale, and NOT at the smallest Quantum scale.
So you keep asserting but you can't point to a current tested theory that backs it up. Quantisation of space and time is currently hypothetical.