• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's not talk about the Big Bang

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Now point to existence is existence like you point to the moon.
No, but if had done what I asked and found out what the finger pointing to the moon means, you would not ask the question
The finger represents thoughts, beliefs, teachings, etc.. about a truth, the moon represents the truth.
The unwise look at the pointng finger, the wise look at the moon.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
No, but if had done what I asked and found out what the finger pointing to the moon means, you would not ask the question
The finger represents thoughts, beliefs, teachings, etc.. about a truth, the moon represents the truth.
The unwise look at the pointng finger, the wise look at the moon.

And the skeptic points out, that is not you pointing. That is you in your mind making a first person judgment based on your thinking.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Yeah, that is not pointing to it. That you saying it and not pointing to it.
You obviously did not understand the meaning of the pointing finger, even after I explained it, it represents the saying, the thinking. the belief about a reality. The reality of the universe is not the thought, not the name, not the belief, etc., it is to be realized through thoughtless meditation,

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You obviously did not understand the meaning of the pointing finger, even after I explained it, it represents the saying, the thinking. the belief about a reality. The reality of the universe is not the thought, not the name, not the belief, etc., it is to be realized through thoughtless meditation,

So you are pointing to that there is more than pointing and that is so by pointing to it and yet it is not.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
And the skeptic points out, that is not you pointing. That is you in your mind making a first person judgment based on your thinking.
The moon (reality) and wise are one in still mind meditation, the unwise keep focused on the finger (mental concept) pointing (representing) moon (reality) as if the conceptualization and reality are one.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Let me explain to you this game.
You claim everything is Y and not something else. I falsify that by doing something else. But then that something else exists.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
The moon (reality) and wise are one in still mind meditation, the unwise keep focused on the finger (mental concept) pointing (representing) moon (reality) as if the conceptualization and reality are one.

Yeah, the problem is that the unwise exists in the universe or we got really real non-existence.

So either you in effect assume that non-existence is really real or your model is problematic, because you can't explain the existence of the unwise.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

The problem is that you in effect treat doesn't make sense as if it is really unreal. Well, I think in a way that according to you doesn't make sense and thus it is really unreal and then it is not really happening and all that jazz, right?
The problem is, how do you know that?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
The problem is that you in effect treat doesn't make sense as if it is really unreal. Well, I think in a way that according to you doesn't make sense and thus it is really unreal and then it is not really happening and all that jazz, right?
The problem is, how do you know that?
o_O

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Here is the formal problem in lose notation:
For all cases of X for all time and all spaces all X in time and space are Y.
The falsification is to figure out if I can do non-Y.

So if everything for all cases of thinking is rational (that is one your hidden assumptions) I just do irrational. The problem is either that is real and thus it is a falsification of that everything is rational or if irrational is a case of non-existence, but then I have done actual real non-existence.

That one I learned long time ago, it is now over 25 years ago and you are not the first one to play All Xs are Y.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Here is the formal problem in lose notation:
For all cases of X for all time and all spaces all X in time and space are Y.
The falsification is to figure out if I can do non-Y.

So if everything for all cases of thinking is rational (that is one your hidden assumptions) I just do irrational. The problem is either that is real and thus it is a falsification of that everything is rational or if irrational is a case of non-existence, but then I have done actual real non-existence.

That one I learned long time ago, it is now over 25 years ago and you are not the first one to play All Xs are Y.
o_O