• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's not talk about the Big Bang

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So he did not say that you said that he did. He did not even imply it.

He did not say or imply anything about there even being a "before the Big Bang". And please, don't accuse others of not thinking for themselves when you cannot even begin to. You need some serious education in physics and you do not even understand the basics of science.
I did not say he did, I said it and I stand by it as the proper English expression, but if you insist. :rolleyes:

So do you agree with Polymath that there was no existence, and then there was existence with the BB beginning?

I do think it appropriate that people should learn to think for themselves.

So here is my next question, how does something come from nothing, time from no time, space from no space?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Reference Polymath Post #1, 580
To my question, "if the universe did not exist, what would exist? ",
Polymath replies, "If existence ceased to exist, then there would be no 'exist".

So do you agree with Polymath that there was no existence before the BB, no time, no space, no anything.

Btw, isn't it about time you began to learn for yourself instead of relying on what others' believe for your belief.
So here is my next question, how does something come from nothing, time from no time, space from no space?

It doesn't follow as you claim it, because he didn't say that there was no existence before the universe.
But there is a deeper problem. What he says, is true in his brain. It is rational for his thinking. Now that doesn't mean that existence is rational as such.
For your system to follow you must show that existence is rational as per observational evidence or else you have just shown that you think that existence is rational.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I did not say he did, I said it and I stand by it as the proper English expression, but if you insist. :rolleyes:

So do you agree with Polymath that there was no existence, and then there was existence with the BB beginning?

I do think it appropriate that people should learn to think for themselves.

No, no next question. You claimed that Polymath said that the universe came from nothing:

"Polymath does not agree, he states that if the universe did not exist, there would be no existence. So BBT means the universe came from nothing. My God, you have your own mind, please use it and not just follow trolls."

You got his claim totally wrong. Now that you are caught you want to run away. No running away.

Why do you insist on using strawman arguments?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It doesn't follow as you claim it, because he didn't say that there was no existence before the universe.
But there is a deeper problem. What he says, is true in his brain. It is rational for his thinking. Now that doesn't mean that existence is rational as such.
For your system to follow you must show that existence is rational as per observational evidence or else you have just shown that you think that existence is rational.
I just addressed that concern in my post to SZ, please read it and understand that Polymath agrees that if there is no universal existence the is no existence.

Do you think there was time before the BB, and give your reasons?

I don't understand this, :What he says, is true in his brain. It is rational for his thinking. Now that doesn't mean that existence is rational as such."?

Or this, "For your system to follow you must show that existence is rational as per observational evidence or else you have just shown that you think that existence is rational."?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I just addressed that concern in my post to SZ, please read it and understand that Polymath agrees that if there is no universal existence the is no existence.

I don't understand this, :What he says, is true in his brain. It is rational for his thinking. Now that doesn't mean that existence is rational as such."?

Or this, "For your system to follow you must show that existence is rational as per observational evidence or else you have just shown that you think that existence is rational."?
You still appear to have a hard time understanding what @Polymath257 's post means.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
No, no next question. You claimed that Polymath said that the universe came from nothing:

"Polymath does not agree, he states that if the universe did not exist, there would be no existence. So BBT means the universe came from nothing. My God, you have your own mind, please use it and not just follow trolls."

You got his claim totally wrong. Now that you are caught you want to run away. No running away.

Why do you insist on using strawman arguments?
It is not about Polymath at this stage, my question to you is, how does something come from nothing, time from no time, space from no space?
Are you in panic mode, you are projecting with the running away stuff, it must be running through your mind.
1DNm9h7JNtFli_tpWjxYePhCsYXF1PDDtzyOev3aYgGPfMKoolwoPsxiqc0kyzi-ZyLJPNHC7fc9vaWP5TmojvNQ97nISwUAUbSPH4ff-vv2fMsz4ldCZErr_42tjYoKmUEOqNI9sgzoJrPZPT7GLKqNpDLHdYkGMSgnvP-TA-avXURXhzVq5S7qsQ-LMaSWVSD0psuXr8fT4aRXgE2ikz1xpyPtaBcErFRhRCs0zNcmB-e2_tDoZ13Zpdo61o8eQrPW0QSPlppyhWerXZQ3LvtsnahPfDnMBPinjbRajGKC5SWABE68gRZXy7hE3bErDpBgoqEzdp2ruhp2TpUby0fWgeWqbOZr2ADRx2kRkoTYpIH3lp9w3OCAIxCI5t6qEX7ZY6hVga3dAKyH2dS8yaJMZrw3z45ufOJF-U0VkWDrT1w5W6Sgb167I1Ij-qT1V3heirEACvaJBa20TPLhd0fnb8qC-IUS8B0l2vaHJO5LAmVA4nj9p-4XXF2QkP4fUGcTNZr38D1hJuIQp0OecAA-4TBrgbTdQp5VdFZP3InC1gG1SEARdlHD8n13cQ0LFd5rF9vOyuD4BVoVNjRjOnFUrbvxeHXaJkOVeX0p33SpLHkqQgPQbyk-gh68VxHD6peyGLR49trjlOm3ZqZKBmPulPRWsePncmMcet8EDgvHbFmNAEjy5eN2beWImSFp5xzV2NBdKdaNUYHQy3VFKi40ex_BhV-i_0QRD11lW1FZIqgxmDkIAqBD-qHUtW4jfmvfLZi8bTgFHOpNm6Az2Ea-peSjyrLe3bUjHb9Cwxx6kA1hGBYmtwLlWNAcG0RZtXDLiKgmPE8My1Ocf8_CjEVLrwX3hmuKsExWMKVu9r446zabbTyaGNC1fTeKaAz4eSg37r4yago8UGsdcicPKr_Hb_joSsCIs3WWiTSJIC7N=w45-h30-s-no

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

That is rational in your brain. Now you just have to show that it is so independent of your brain.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You still appear to have a hard time understanding what @Polymath257 's post means.
You are trying so hard to obfuscate using Polymath as an attempt to distract from answering the question.
I know you did not like it, but am trying to do you a favor, you must grow some confidence in your own capability to learn things, Polymath, mikkel, et al, are not always going to be around for you for your beliefs.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You are trying to hard to obfuscate using Polymath as an attempt to distract from answering the question.
I know you did not like it, but am trying to do you a favor, you must grow some confidence in your own capability to learn things, Polymath, mikkel, et al, are not always going to be around for you for your beliefs.

You have to learn that X is Y in the brain is not the same as X is Y independent of the brain.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Yes, I did. You think the universe is Y. Okay, now show that for the universe as such and not just that you can think it.
Sorry mikkel, your English does not make sense, if you try to answer my questions properly, I may be able to help you compose intelligible English.