• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's Present Some Evidence ...

PureX

Veteran Member
OK, first of all, possibility is not evidence. Possible and probable are not related. Secondly, there are no non-observable facts. Break it down and you will see. How do you determine that it was possible for Bob to kill his wife. Because you have physical evidence of where he was, what transportation was available to him, etc.
I'm not going to have a discussion with anyone who thinks they are going to decide for me what is and is not evidence. Possibilities are evidence. The fact that it's possible for Bob to have killed his wife is certainly evidence, just as a set of facts that show that he could not have killed his wife would also be evidence.

I agree that a possibility is not a probability. However, possibilities effect the probability, just as impossibilities do. If it is impossible for Bob to have killed his wife, because he was in jail at the time his wife was killed, then it's going to be considered highly improbable that he did it. Possibility effects probability.

And I believe there is unobservable evidence as well, regarding how Bob felt about his wife. Did he love her? Did he hate her? Was she heavily insured? Was she wanting to leave him?

Bware

I'm the Jugganaut!!
I'm not going to have a discussion with anyone who thinks they are going to decide for me what is and is not evidence. Possibilities are evidence. The fact that it's possible for Bob to have killed his wife is certainly evidence, just as a set of facts that show that he could not have killed his wife would also be evidence.
I own a gun it's possible that I killed Bob's wife, but thereis no evidence that I did. Possibilities are not evidence.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I own a gun it's possible that I killed Bob's wife, but thereis no evidence that I did. Possibilities are not evidence.

Nobody said Bob's wife was killed with a gun. So how is it a possibility that you killed her? It amazes me how few people actually know what evidence is.

P.S. But if she was killed by a gun, and that info was not released..........which it has not, and you made that same statement, that could be evidence that you knew she was killed by a gun meaning you could be the killer! Self incrimination is a biznatch.

Perfect Circle

Just Browsing
Nobody said Bob's wife was killed with a gun. So how is it a possibility that you killed her? It amazes me how few people actually know what evidence is.

P.S. But if she was killed by a gun, and that info was not released..........which it has not, and you made that same statement, that could be evidence that you knew she was killed by a gun meaning you could be the killer! Self incrimination is a biznatch.

Or... maybe it was Col. Mustard.. in the conservatory... with the wrench!!! Brilliant!

McBell

Admiral Obvious

way to completely miss the point

Enoch07

Premium Member
You really love that empty victory, don't you?

Well, if it is all you know.....

Just asking you to back up your remarks. You can't/don't want to, that is fine. Perhaps you should not comment when you are not willing to back up what you say. :shrug:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Just asking you to back up your remarks. You can't/don't want to, that is fine. Perhaps you should not comment when you are not willing to back up what you say. :shrug:
wow.
Are you really that dense?

The point:
Possibilities are not evidence
Now, since it was presented (exactly as it is here even) at the end of the post in question and you missed it, I am not holding my breath that your sharp wit can find it now either.

If you need the four words explained, you will needs find someone with much more patience and political correctness than I.

Enoch07

Premium Member
wow.
Are you really that dense?

The point:
Possibilities are not evidence
Now, since it was presented (exactly as it is here even) at the end of the post in question and you missed it, I am not holding my breath that your sharp wit can find it now either.

If you need the four words explained, you will needs find someone with much more patience and political correctness than I.

Woah woah woah no need for personal attacks.

Of course possibilities are evidence. The probability of evidence reflects the value of said evidence, but that in no way excludes it from being evidence regardless of its value.

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
Every court in the land will consider access and opportunity to the crime as evidence. You can keep denying it, but any fact that effects the plausibility of the theory is evidence. That the theory is possible is crucial evidence in support of the theory. Just as if the theory were impossible, it would likewise be crucial evidence in negating the theory.

Bware

I'm the Jugganaut!!
so that would mean you know her cause of death, sounds like a prime suspect to me.

Commoner

Headache
Woah woah woah no need for personal attacks.

Of course possibilities are evidence. The probability of evidence reflects the value of said evidence, but that in no way excludes it from being evidence regardless of its value.

Possibility =/= probability