• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Liberal Christian" is an oxymoron!

A

angellous_evangellous

I dont understand why this is even under debate. How could somebody call themselves a genuine christian and yet align themselves with a party that supports abortion and homosexuality? I will also state that I know that there are many corrupt things about the Republican party as well, but usually liberals will start tearing apart the hypocricy in the other party and not own up to the non-biblical stances of their own party. I am an independent because both parties do things that I know God would not be pleased with.

It's much easier to call oneself a Christian and align yourself with a party that kills and eats Iraqi children.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Eats Iraqi children? I thought only Jews ate little children.

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

For the record, I am being facetious - PLEASE don't think I am serious about the Jews. It's just that the allegation that some political party eats Iraqi children sounds completely bizarre to me.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Eats Iraqi children? I thought only Jews ate little children.

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

For the record, I am being facetious - PLEASE don't think I am serious about the Jews. It's just that the allegation that some political party eats Iraqi children sounds completely bizarre to me.

I'm guessing that Angellous was going for the "hyperbole" effect in that particular phrase.

OmarKhayyam

You must remember, Linwood - Angellous is my uncle.

Well OK. We won't hold an accident of birth against you.:D

But to the matter at hand - I take it as a figure of speech.

Bush's settling his personal score with Saddam has resulted in the deaths of Iraqi children, eaten up by revenge. So to speak.

A

angellous_evangellous

It's also an allusion to Roman criticisms about early Christians - they accused them of eating children - and that tradition itself is from Greek tragedy. It's the worst way to slander someone.

Bush made that dream come true.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I thought only athiests and witches ate children!

*soon there won't be enough to go around* :mad:
Oh, no! The Bible is clear that on a certain night we are to take a "young kid," slaughter it, roast it, and eat it! Read Exodus...
:drool:

Why do you think the LDS and Catholics keep popping them out?
(Sorry! Couldn't resist!):run:

Andal

resident hypnotist
Oh, no! The Bible is clear that on a certain night we are to take a "young kid," slaughter it, roast it, and eat it! Read Exodus...
:drool:

Why do you think the LDS and Catholics keep popping them out?
(Sorry! Couldn't resist!):run:

Hey now, my dad's catholic and he only eats a kid every other year :p

lol as per the OP I know plenty of Liberal Christians. Believe or not I know some who are Biblicly conservative while being Politically Liberal and I know some who are Liberal on both sides and I know some who are socially conservative but theologically liberal.

Believe it or not, Christians come in all shapes and sizes.

sojourner

Hey now, my dad's catholic and he only eats a kid every other year :p

lol as per the OP I know plenty of Liberal Christians. Believe or not I know some who are Biblicly conservative while being Politically Liberal and I know some who are Liberal on both sides and I know some who are socially conservative but theologically liberal.

Believe it or not, Christians come in all shapes and sizes.
I think I'm the one on the left:cool:

A

angellous_evangellous

To one's ribs!

It's tragically ironic that Konservative Kristians can support a party that produces a President who not only starts a war based on very well documented lies but also creates an environment which his supporters can profit greatly from it, and then his policies destroy our economy. THEN these Konservative Kristians mistake someone who tries to clean up this mess "the anti-Christ."

Yes... perhaps Obama is against the Krist who supports waterboarding.

sojourner

It's tragically ironic that Konservative Kristians can support a party that produces a President who not only starts a war based on very well documented lies but also creates an environment which his supporters can profit greatly from it, and then his policies destroy our economy. THEN these Konservative Kristians mistake someone who tries to clean up this mess "the anti-Christ."

Yes... perhaps Obama is against the Krist who supports waterboarding.
How else could they justify the Mossy Oak gun rack and the "My pit bull wears lipstick" bumper sticker?