• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The science of Creation is in complete accordance with the Second Law. Creation science teaches us that Man and God's other creations were all created with informationally dense, uncorrupted DNA. Adam had more genes and more robust genes than you or I have. This is evident in the extreme age that antediluvian men were able to reach which was due to their genes being free of the deleterious mutations that lower life expectancy today. Over the years since Creation, our genes have degraded due to the entropy of randomness and we now suffer the consequences of the curse of entropy

A few points:

- humans have always had the same number of genes. A human with a greater number of genes would be some other species, not human.
- did you really just say "antediluvian"? Really?

4troof

A few points:

- humans have always had the same number of genes. A human with a greater number of genes would be some other species, not human.
- did you really just say "antediluvian"? Really?

I know...pretty cool word huh?

In Christianity, we would say they actually were a different type species (kinda, sorda). At the point of creation, they would have been initially programmed to live forever, with no corruption at all. Sin would have changed this, and degraded the gene pool. Basically, a turd was thrown into the pool, and a bunch of genes jumped out.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I know...pretty cool word huh?
That wasn't quite what was going through my head.

I was more thinking that debating science with someone who believes that Noah's flood literally happened is probably a lost cause.

In Christianity, we would say they actually were a different type species (kinda, sorda). At the point of creation, they would have been initially programmed to live forever, with no corruption at all. Sin would have changed this, and degraded the gene pool. Basically, a turd was thrown into the pool, and a bunch of genes jumped out.
I'd ask you to provide a mechanism besides turds and jumping genes by which people's bad behaviour (other than bad behaviour involving radiation) might corrupt their DNA, but there's probably not much point, is there?

4troof

I'd ask you to provide a mechanism besides turds and jumping genes by which people's bad behaviour (other than bad behaviour involving radiation) might corrupt their DNA, but there's probably not much point, is there?

Well, I would say that mechanism would be sin.

Alceste

Vagabond
How is life coming from non life demostrable, repeatable or observable??

Evolution has nothing to say about where life came from, as far as I know, but I would recommend talking to an evolutionary biologist about the latest theories on the subject, as I imagine there are a few.

Evolution is observable and demonstrable in (for example) animal husbandry. The selective breeding of dogs produces observable differences determined entirely by their mating patterns and environmental conditions. Darwin suggests the same speciation also happens when organisms are left to reproduce without human interference. Do you have some reason to believe otherwise? Did God create the dairy cow as is, according to your understanding?

kmkemp

Evolution has nothing to say about where life came from, as far as I know, but I would recommend talking to an evolutionary biologist about the latest theories on the subject, as I imagine there are a few.

Evolution is observable and demonstrable in (for example) animal husbandry. The selective breeding of dogs produces observable differences determined entirely by their mating patterns and environmental conditions. Darwin suggests the same speciation also happens when organisms are left to reproduce without human interference. Do you have some reason to believe otherwise? Did God create the dairy cow as is, according to your understanding?

When a creationist uses the term evolution, it's implicit that he's referring to macro-evolution and not micro-evolution.

kmkemp

Same thing, you have to believe the intelligent designer also sprang from nothing.

Or that the intelligent designer was eternal. Something that we have no proof of or against. That seems better than claiming that the universe is eternal, which flies in the face of our scientific "best guess", don't you think?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The first life forms weren't spontainiously generated... they weren't nearly as complex as the simplest modern lifeforms.

They were the result of simple chemistry... not dust being magically zapped.

No magical dust-zapping?? :sad4: *is deflated*

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
When a creationist uses the term evolution, it's implicit that he's referring to macro-evolution and not micro-evolution.

Evolutionary biologists make no distinction between macro- and micro-evolution. Nor should any such distinction be made, so far as I can see. What makes you think the distinction between macro- and micro-evolution is something other than so much bunk?