• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Little girl taunted because she didn't "believe in Jesus"

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I don't think it's OK either.
The issue is how to best address it.

OK....just curious.
I'd wager that you'd find them exasperating, but teachable by example & discussion.

Most kids I have encountered, nieces, nephews and such are very much so. But I think they are generally wonderful. My niece was basically "insane" from around 12 to 15. But my sister told me it was just temporary insanity most girls go through. :p

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It's okay if we nip it in the bud, early on when they are very young. It's possible then.

But this is about something more sinister than typical childhood difference and development. Maybe these boys should be removed from school and their home? Any way we look at this, they should be taught there can be very negative unpleasant consequence for these actions in the real world.

I still see the severe cases of bullying as another form of rape, abuse, etc. even murder in the case another child takes their own life. And I also see adults not doing enough.

It should be a felony. Maybe this would keep me from popping one too many veins to my head and beating the crap out of a punk? :p

Yes, its still a work in progress for society here and everywhere. In the situation in this thread, there were lots of stages where intervention could have happened but didn't. One of the problems is underfunding of schools, or at least the allotment of resources. One of the first things to go is counsellor time, for example. Another place it could be changed, once people figure it out, is allowing poor role modelling on TV. Donald Trump comes to mind. At least in the adult world, we have enforceable laws.

There have been charges laid on youth lots of times. The difficulty is when to determine seriousness, etc. Certainly there needs to be more work on human dignity all around.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Most kids I have encountered, nieces, nephews and such are very much so. But I think they are generally wonderful. My niece was basically "insane" from around 12 to 15. But my sister told me it was just temporary insanity most girls go through. :p
I've seen it.
Not pretty.