• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Living Vs. Nonliving and Visible Vs. Invisible. Classification.

questfortruth

Matter is something we understand even less. Ultimately, it is a grand categorical expression of energy. But we still don't know what energy is, or what governs how it can or cannot be expressed.

"Visibility" doesn't seem, to me, to be applicable, here.
The matter is what matters, the bullet matters to us, so it is the matter.

The visible matter is electrons, positrons, protons, gases, liquids, wine. It is visible to us. The invisible matter does not interact even by weak interaction with visible matter. Recall the sterile neutrino. It is an example of the theoretical invisible matter.

questfortruth

But people are voting with their feet and leaving religion
The religion provides great comfort in the time of leaving this fallen world. In my worldview. I can fight the Armageddon battle without fear because I am immortal. I have the blood of all kings, because I am the son of Y-Chromosomal Adam.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Is that the million euro question? I'd guess on balance it's the former?
I don't think it's the key question really, but it is a rival hypothesis. Most of the work I think is going on to understand how the building blocks of biochemistry can have come together, assuming they did so on earth.

There was an excellent thread on some of this work posted by @sayak83 .

Here is a link to it (I warn readers of a sensitive disposition that this contains serious chemistry;)):
Science of Abiogenesis:- By popular demand

It is amazing how easily the components of RNA come together.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I'm sure I shouldn't say this to an ex-chemist, but... e=mc2 ?
Yeah but that just means that energy has mass and mass has energy. Both mass and energy are properties of a physical system. You can't have a bucket of mass any more than you can a bucket of energy. The physical system itself is more than these two properties.

PureX

Veteran Member
I have difficulty with the idea that matter is an expression of energy. Energy of what? Energy is not stuff. It is a property of a physical system. No system, no energy.
We don't know what energy is. That's the point. Yet it is being expressed as a whole array of differentiated quantum phenomena. Or at least, so we think at the moment. We call the array of quantum phenomena "quantum particles" but they aren't really particles at all. Not in any material sense.

Milton Platt

Living visible matter - animals, plants.
Nonliving visible matter - stones.

Living invisible matter - soul, angels. Unproven claim
Nonliving invisible matter - Dark Matter, Dark Energy. Dark energy is not matter

Objection: "Dark Matter is visible via Gravitational Interaction" This claim has never been made. The claim is that dark matter has gravitational interaction, perhaps.

Dark matter is invisible because it does not emit or absorb light. Light passes through the Dark Matter cloud without any difficulty, without losses, without heating the cloud. Mathematical theory: Gravity Law Without Universalism is Solving Many Tasks, viXra.org e-Print archive, viXra:2007.0112

Objection: "stones are alive."

Didn't they explain to us in the preschool class that there is a living matter and inanimate matter?

You provided reference to a source that is not peer reviewed and has absolutely no criteria for publication....in short, itis utterly unreliable as a source. This from their disclaimer on their website:
"ViXra is an open repository for new scientific articles. It does not endorse e-prints accepted on its website, neither does it review them against criteria such as correctness or author's credentials"

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
How would you categorize the words of an atheist: "there is no God"?
You would answer: "it means, there is no evidence for God." Then atheism is a scientific method?

There is no evidence for goblins, there is no evidence for unicorns, there is no evidence for gods. How is no evidence a scientific method?

Of course if you can provide some please send me an invitation to your Nobel prize ceremony

So what you are saying is that your paper is not scientific because you cannot provide evidence to back it up? Fair enough.

questfortruth

There is no evidence for goblins, there is no evidence for unicorns, there is no evidence for gods. How is no evidence a scientific method?

Of course if you can provide some please send me an invitation to your Nobel prize ceremony

So what you are saying is that your paper is not scientific because you cannot provide evidence to back it up? Fair enough.
Atheism acts as if it is a scientific thing: "the Science has no evidence for God". Thus, atheism and science are the same thing. Logically! There is mathematical proof in the paper, please read it, the section "abrupt geodesics".

ChristineM

Premium Member
Atheism acts as if it is a scientific thing: "the Science has no evidence for God". Thus, atheism and science are the same thing. Logically! There is mathematical proof in the paper, please read it, the section "abrupt geodesics".

Rubbish. Total rubbish,

Atheism : disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Nothing more, nothing less. Anything you chose to pile on top of that is built by your own bigotry.

if you cannot provide evidence for your claim then there is no point in discussing it, no matter how much you try to prevaricate

questfortruth

Atheism : disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.
In the former times, the atheists were saying simply: "there is no God".
What does it mean?
Modern atheists would explain: "atheists are totally sure, that the God of the Bible does not exist because there is no evidence for the validity of the Bible."
I would reply: there is plenty of evidence supporting many verses of the Holy Bible.

exchemist

Veteran Member
We don't know what energy is. That's the point. Yet it is being expressed as a whole array of differentiated quantum phenomena. Or at least, so we think at the moment. We call the array of quantum phenomena "quantum particles" but they aren't really particles at all. Not in any material sense.
Yes we do. Energy is a property of matter, like momentum, useful in the book-keeping we do to predict how systems will behave, and defined as the property that denotes capacity to do mechanical (F x d) work, with dimensions ML² T⁻².

There are mysteries about the nature of matter, but the nature of energy is not one of them.

ChristineM

Premium Member
In the former times, the atheists were saying simply: "there is no God".
What does it mean?
Modern atheists would explain: "atheists are totally sure, that the God of the Bible does not exist because there is no evidence for the validity of the Bible."
I would reply: there is plenty of evidence supporting many verses of the Holy Bible.

Have you finished trying to derail your own thread?

I understand that you can provide no evidence for your claim and why you are trying to shift the onus. It makes no difference to me, i did not make the claim