• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Living Vs. Nonliving and Visible Vs. Invisible. Classification.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Please open the great viXra file, look up the section "Fixing abrupt geodesics." Can you do it for me?

Why? You refuse to be straight about the claim you made in your op, i see no reason the vixtra file is any different.

questfortruth

You provided reference to a source that is not peer reviewed and has absolutely no criteria for publication....in short, itis utterly unreliable as a source. This from their disclaimer on their website:
"ViXra is an open repository for new scientific articles. It does not endorse e-prints accepted on its website, neither does it review them against criteria such as correctness or author's credentials"
My paper is not scientific, because it endorses with sufficient argumentation freewill, angels, God, UFOes, etc. It can not be accepted by atheistic science.

questfortruth

Why? You refuse to be straight about the claim you made in your op, i see no reason the vixtra file is any different.
Believe me or not, but there is a whole wide world outside atheism and materialism. This world provides examples for my invisible living matter: angels, souls; devils. But one example the atheists should see: the sterile neutrino and Dark Matter - nonliving invisible matter; as for living invisible matter - The placebo effect.

Milton Platt

My paper is not scientific, because it endorses with sufficient argumentation freewill, angels, God, UFOes, etc. It can not be accepted by atheistic science.

There is only the scientific methodology. It is neither theistic, nor atheistic. It observes nature and produces hypotheses and theories which best explain what is observed without ignoring any of the evidence nor doing damage to any of it. What you are doing is nothing more than making unsubstantiated and non-falsifiable claims.

questfortruth

There is only the scientific methodology. It is neither theistic, nor atheistic. It observes nature and produces hypotheses and theories which best explain what is observed without ignoring any of the evidence nor doing damage to any of it. What you are doing is nothing more than making unsubstantiated and non-falsifiable claims.
Wrong, I am afraid. Because anyone with a PC can google: "methodological naturalism". The Science pursuits only divine-less explanations.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Believe me or not, but there is a whole wide world outside atheism and materialism. This world provides examples for my invisible living matter: angels, souls; devils. But one example the atheists should see: the sterile neutrino and Dark Matter - nonliving invisible matter; as for living invisible matter - The placebo effect.

Whatever woo you like

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Living invisible matter - soul, angels.
These have never been detected; there is no concrete evidence.
Nonliving invisible matter - Dark Matter, Dark Energy.

Objection: "Dark Matter is visible via Gravitational Interaction"
Not visible, detectable.
Objection: "stones are alive."
Huh? Who says that? What's their evidence?
Didn't they explain to us in the preschool class that there is a living matter and inanimate matter?
I don't get your point. Clarify?
Inanimate means unmoving, not non-living.
Life is Freewill. The ability to act freely.
Wouldn't that make a lot of microbes and plants non-life? They operate by simple algorithms and don't appear to have free will.
Namely, the state of the Universe in 2020 does not lead to the state in 2021.
Now you've lost me. What does this mean?
The atheism needs evidence, not theism.
How many times do we have to explain this? Evidence for what? Atheism has no doctrine, no claims that need evidence.
Because the state of Europe in the Middle Ages was Eastern Orthodox Christianity.
"The state of Europe? What's that mean?
Western Europe was Roman Catholic, not Orthodox.
And nobody has given sufficient reason to change the Status Quo.
What does that mean? What status quo? What change?
It was the coup: the brutal force during the France Great Revolution, and not the mind of a Philosopher, which brought here the atheism.
Atheism is a product of the French revolution? How do you come up with this idea?

Questfortruth, your ideas are disjointed and often incomprehensible. Please explain yourself more clearly.

questfortruth

Atheism has no doctrine, no claims that need evidence.
Because atheism is the method of Science: methodological naturalism. To pursuit only the god-less explanations.

Western Europe was Roman Catholic,
Check the history prior to pope-ism.

What status quo?
Eastern Orthodox Christianity - official religion of Roman Imperia (because the religion in Europe was in peace and community with the coming Eastern Orthodoxy: a time-traveler from 2020AD Moscow can go to temple of Constantine the Great and take part in all ceremonies). Then came pope-ism, then came Protestantism, then came atheism.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I was watching a TV show about the search for life in the universe and one searcher said that they were looking for DNA because only life can build DNA.
Was it a cartoon?
Simple polymers like nucleic acids form spontaneously under the right conditions. This has been observed many times and is well known.
It seemed to me that the watchmaker argument for the existence of God had been stolen and now it shows the existence of life.
This argument has long been debunked. Do you understand the problem with it?
Interestingly what life is, is not known and seems to be described only by it's effects in science.
"What is an "effect in science?"
The definitive features of life are controversial. The line between life and non-life is somewhat arbitrary.
What essential features do you think define life?
Science has forgotten what I learned in school, that life can only come from pre existing life. What life probably originally came from these days is really Chemistry and the laws of physics,,,,,,,,,,,,wherever they came from.
I'm still working on the chain of thought.
Yes. Spontaneous generation has been debunked, and that's what "life comes from life" refers to. Abiogenesis is a bit more complicated.

Both religion and science posit that life came from non-life, but sciences proposes an observable, familiar, testable mechanism. Religion, on the other hand, proposes magic -- never observed and quite untestable.
Which is more credible?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The line between living and non-living is hazy and a matter of convention. Is a virus living or non-living?

"Viruses are considered by some biologists to be a life form, because they carry genetic material, reproduce, and evolve through natural selection, although they lack the key characteristics such as cell structure that are generally considered necessary criteria for life." Virus - Wikipedia

Like Altfish said, I do not accept God, soul, angels or Satan. I am an atheist.
Viruses do not reproduce.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How would you categorize the words of an atheist: "there is no God"?
You would answer: "it means, there is no evidence for God." Then atheism is a scientific method?
Essential atheism doesn't definitively state that there is no God.
Atheism is a lack of belief, pending evidence. There is no method to it, it's simply the original default position we're born with.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Life is Freewill. The ability to act freely. Namely, the state of the Universe in 2020 does not lead to the state in 2021.
This isn't true.
Life is not free will. Most animals operate almost entirely on instinctive behaviors. Humans operate mostly on a combination of instincts and learning. If there is anything like free will that isn't an illusion, nobody can show me a reason to believe in it.
And, since you mention it, the current state of the universe does lead to the state in 2021. Unless you've got some evidence to the contrary, stronger than your unsupported opinion.
Tom

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Atheism acts as if it is a scientific thing: "the Science has no evidence for God". Thus, atheism and science are the same thing. Logically! There is mathematical proof in the paper, please read it, the section "abrupt geodesics".
How does atheism act like a scientific thing? How does it act at all? This is not logic.
QFT, I don't think you understand what atheism is.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In the former times, the atheists were saying simply: "there is no God".
What does it mean?
Modern atheists would explain: "atheists are totally sure, that the God of the Bible does not exist because there is no evidence for the validity of the Bible."
That's not what modern atheists say.
There are lots of different beliefs within atheism, but there is only one feature common to all variants: lack of belief. Lack of belief is the definitive feature of atheism.
I would reply: there is plenty of evidence supporting many verses of the Holy Bible.
Sure, and there are many other verses that are wild, fantastical, completely unevidenced claims, many that are ahistoric and many that are self contradictory.

Last edited: