• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Louisiana becomes first state to require that Ten Commandments be displayed in public classrooms

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Louisiana website hasn't reflected it as being signed it's still pending so I'm going to wait a day or two. If it is isnt updated in a couple of days then it's fake news as far as I'm concerned.
And do you suppose that state websites are updated moment-by-moment on every event that happens? I seriously doubt it.

However, multiple news sources have now stated that it was signed today by Governor Jeff Landry.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yes this is an example of the government being authoritarian.
I wouldn't exactly call a religious poster being hung up in a school as authoritarian but I guess I can give you half a credit for it, given the unconstitutionality in light of the separation of church and state.

Twilight Hue

And do you suppose that state websites are updated moment-by-moment on every event that happens? I seriously doubt it.

However, multiple news sources have now stated that it was signed today by Governor Jeff Landry.

Well I'm not denying it entirely. I suppose I could take such news on a provisional basis, which is why I said I'll give it a few days to see if the site is updated to reflect what has been claimed officially.

Pogo

I wouldn't exactly call a religious poster being hung up in a school as authoritarian but I guess I can give you half a credit for it, given the unconstitutionality in light of the separation of church and state.
They are telling you just which poster you must display. What would you call it? Why should the state mandate the display of one religion's verbiage.

Regiomontanus

Orthodox
Do you say that because you think that Christian religion should be forced on everyone, including students? What would you say to the Hindu or polytheistic students who might be in classrooms and lecture halls in LA? That they should have known they've been wrong all along?

Having that in the classroom is not forcing anything. Ignore as you wish. But I think our kids should be exposed to the truth. Our Constitution is overrated IMHO.

Twilight Hue

They are telling you just which poster you must display. What would you call it? Why should the state mandate the display of one religion's verbiage.
They shouldn't. You're actually preaching to the choir here.

They will probably use the history of the Ten Commandments being posted in courthouses and other official buildings and probably use those cases to address this one.

Pogo

Having that in the classroom is not forcing anything. Ignore as you wish. But I think our kids should be exposed to the truth. Our Constitution is overrated IMHO.
Your concept of the truth is grossly overrated and your opinion is about as un-American as you can get. It could get you lynched if we go back a few years.