• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lula da Silva Defeats Jair Bolsonaro in Hard-Fought Election

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I think I should explain this to other readers:

It is quite difficult to condemn powerful and influent people. A very simple example to americans is Al Capone. He was a gang boss, that only managed to get convicted for tax evasion.

Likewise, Lula was condemned for receiving an apartment from a contractor in exchange for illegal favors, rather than for direct involvement in the major corruption scandals. He appealed to no avail. Guilty as charged. Later on though, after he went to jail for quite some time, the Supreme Court declared there were two problems here: (1) Lula should have been judged elsewhere, in another court, given their interpretation of the law. And (2) the first judge was partial, rather than impartial to the point he actually helped the accusatory team (I don't know how it is called in the USA). For those reasons the judgment was nullified, and since there is a specific time limit to restart the whole process, Lula can no longer be judged for that crime. There is however no shadow of doubt he is guilty, the proofs are solid and never considered weak by the courts.

In other words, if you vale truth there is a quite significant reason to want Lula to be condemned.
PLEASE stop ashaming us Brazilians.

Are you a watcher of Jovem Pan or something? Brasil Paralelo or Gazeta do Povo, perhaps?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
They sure do.

... have you even listened to the news about Bolsonaro at any time in the last four years?

Whatever happened before the last four years has been erased from history or something? Or do you mean that Bolsonaro scandals are more grave? They are not.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
PLEASE stop ashaming us Brazilians.

Are you a watcher of Jovem Pan or something? Brasil Paralelo or Gazeta do Povo, perhaps?

Ok... So to anyone interested and still reading this.... it is important to understand where we both stand.

@LuisDantas is pretty close to the far left field of the political spectrum here in Brazil, and by this I mean being deeply biased towards the left in particular. Whereas I am a moderate leaning towards the left (I didn't vote for anyone in 2018, and I have voted for Lula in 2022). I think it is important to say this so everyone properly comprehends where we are all coming from.

There is simply no way a moderate would consider either Lula or Bolsonaro innocent.