• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MAGA's response to President Biden's announcement

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
and many more

MAGA response is utterly classic for toddler's meltdowns in not getting what they wants Facts don't matter. Nothing matters except being frustrated that the world changes and not being able to handle it. An adult would say "What Biden did was best for his party but we'll beat them anyway" not say and do utterly stupid things including lying etc.

And this is utterly and completely classic. It was fine for Biden to remain POTUS while he was running. Now that he's not https://www.politico.com/live-updat...-out-election/mace-on-25th-amendment-00170104 Why? Because now he's no longer a good target as POTUS.

Shaul

Premium Member
Simply put, any or no response at all by Republicans would have been unsatisfactory to you.

In case you didn't notice, Biden, in his statement, said it was doing what was best for his Party first and best for the Country second. That's the priority.

The primary voters who voted for Biden were misled and a fraud was perpetrated on them. Now the Democrat apparatus is going to disenfranchise them and nullify their good faith votes.

Tomef

and many more

MAGA response is utterly classic for toddler's meltdowns in not getting what they wants Facts don't matter. Nothing matters except being frustrated that the world changes and not being able to handle it. An adult would say "What Biden did was best for his party but we'll beat them anyway" not say and do utterly stupid things including lying etc.

And this is utterly and completely classic. It was fine for Biden to remain POTUS while he was running. Now that he's not https://www.politico.com/live-updat...-out-election/mace-on-25th-amendment-00170104 Why? Because now he's no longer a good target as POTUS.
Vance is likely to go full MAGA in an attempt to blot out any attempt by the Dems to get voters thinking a bit.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
IMO, the GOP now wants Biden to resign, giving Johnson the VP seat. That would be a disaster. Harris wouldn't have time to TCB, or campaign for having to watch her back, PLUS, as Senate President, that would give Johnson the deciding vote on split decisions in the Senate.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
IMO, the GOP now wants Biden to resign, giving Johnson the VP seat. That would be a disaster. Harris wouldn't have time to TCB, or campaign for having to watch her back, PLUS, as Senate President, that would give Johnson the deciding vote on split decisions in the Senate.
I don't think that is how it works.

I know there is a chain of succession, but that does not mean everyone just moves up one step. If the President is unable to serve the VP becomes President. If in the likely event that both the President and the VP are unable to serve the Speaker of the House becomes President.

But if the VP becomes President she will pick her own VP.

"Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress."

There is no mechanism under which Mike Johnson will become Vice President. Unless Kamala Harris chooses him, which I think is unlikely.

Last edited:

Shaul

Premium Member
That's a pathetic and unsurprising slander.
I wrote "In case you didn't notice, Biden, in his statement, said it was doing what was best for his Party first and best for the Country second. That's the priority."

Here is the text of his statement:
My Fellow Americans,

Over the past three and a half years, we have made great progress as a Nation.

Today, America has the strongest economy in the world. We've made historic investments in rebuilding our Nation, in lowering prescription drug costs for seniors, and in expanding affordable health care to a record number of Americans. We've provided critically needed care to a million veterans exposed to toxic substances. Passed the first gun safety law in 30 years. Appointed the first African American woman to the Supreme Court. And passed the most significant climate legislation in the history of the world. America has never been better positioned to lead than we are today.

I know none of this could have been done without you, the American people. Together, we overcame a once in a century pandemic and the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. We've protected and preserved our Democracy. And we've revitalized and strengthened our alliances around the world.

It has been the greatest honor of my life to serve as your President. And while it has been my intention to seek reelection, I believe it is in the best interest of my party and the country for me to stand down and to focus solely on fulfilling my duties as President for the remainder of my term.

I will speak to the Nation later this week in more detail about my decision.

For now, let me express my deepest gratitude to all those who have worked so hard to see me reelected. I want to thank Vice President Kamala Harris for being an extraordinary partner in all this work. And let me express my heartfelt appreciation to the American people for the faith and trust you have placed in me.
I believe today what I always have: that there is nothing America can't do - when we do it together. We just have to remember we are the United States of America.

In the fourth paragraph he states that he is stepping down in "the best interest of my party and the country" in that sequence. Merriam Webster's dictionary defines priority as: "
1 a(1): the quality or state of being prior
(2): precedence in date or position of publication:

Definition of PRIORITY

In Biden's statement "party" comes prior to "country". I was quite correct in what I wrote and your accusation I committed slander is flat out wrong as evidenced above.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Some people in this thread are engaged in the time honored practice of "straining at Biden gnats and swallowing Trump camels"

Meanwile the MAGA campaign of slander and lying continues

Elon Musk mocks Kamala Harris over video of her aiding the blind (she was identifying herself to the blind - a grievous sin to MAGA)
'DEI,' 'Colored,' 'Jezebel': MAGA Attacks on Kamala Harris Are Getting Ugly - MAGA is insult central
Trump Vicious Overnight Attack Against Biden, Lies that No One Knows Where He Is: "He Never Had COVID!" - Showbiz411 - Trump can't remember that It's Harris now
Harris Once Said, 'Ukraine Is a Country in Europe. It Exists Next to Another Country Called Russia'? - Harris was asked to describe Russia vs Ukraine in very simple terms - MAGA distortion
It's Time We Have A Serious Talk About Donald Trump's Cognitive Decline - MAGA ignores Trump's cognitive decline
Critics Suspect Trump Is 'S**ting His Pants' After Overnight Biden Meltdown - Trump is not connected with reality claiming Biden, Putin and Xi are arranging WW3
Kamala Harris will win ‘mark my words,’ said Trump supporter Nikki Haley - Nikki Haley nails why MAGA is in full meltdown in an old commercial
https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/22/poli...-gop-trump-campaign-kamala-harris-jake-tapper - MAGA threat of Civil War when Trump loses.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Simply put, any or no response at all by Republicans would have been unsatisfactory to you.
Since the OP gave you an example of an adult, grown up response, this is an absurd thing to say.

I wrote "In case you didn't notice, Biden, in his statement, said it was doing what was best for his Party first and best for the Country second. That's the priority."

Here is the text of his statement:

In the fourth paragraph he states that he is stepping down in "the best interest of my party and the country" in that sequence. Merriam Webster's dictionary defines priority as: "
1 a(1): the quality or state of being prior
(2): precedence in date or position of publication:

Definition of PRIORITY

In Biden's statement "party" comes prior to "country". I was quite correct in what I wrote and your accusation I committed slander is flat out wrong as evidenced above.
lol.gif

Even more hilarious considering that Trump has only ever put himself first, has shown he has no respect for democracy, the Constitution, or even basic facts and telling the truth.

esmith

Veteran Member
As far as Biden remaing President I have a coouple of questions.
If Biden is not running for President because of health reasons (which is quite obivious he has lost it) then is he unfit to continue as President?
If Biden is not running for President because the Democrat elites convinced him that it would be best for the party (which they admit is an issue) then this means that they are putting the party before the will of the people and they are a threat to democracy.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member

In case you didn't notice, Biden, in his statement, said it was doing what was best for his Party first and best for the Country second. That's the priority.

The primary voters who voted for Biden were misled and a fraud was perpetrated on them. Now the Democrat apparatus is going to disenfranchise them and nullify their good faith votes.
Pence's response was quite reasonable, imo.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
What is most surprising about it is that it does not include resigning from the party that has united behind the man who threatened to kill him for very criminal and petty reasons.
And give credence to those who call him a turncoat?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
And give credence to those who call him a turncoat?
There are people that it is not worth attempting to convince.

Also, it is impressive (but unfortunately not surprising) that in a thread with so many attempts at making Trump appear respectable there have been and probably won't be any attempts at claiming that I was exagerating or innacurate.

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
As far as Biden remaing President I have a coouple of questions.
If Biden is not running for President because of health reasons (which is quite obivious he has lost it) then is he unfit to continue as President?
If Biden is not running for President because the Democrat elites convinced him that it would be best for the party (which they admit is an issue) then this means that they are putting the party before the will of the people and they are a threat to democracy.
Well, that's what the Fox News talking heads are saying about it, anyway.; ;)

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there

Did you vote for Biden in the primary? If not, why are you speaking for those who did?

I voted for him in the primary, and I would've voted for him in the general as well, but I'm energized and hopeful following his decision to suspend his campaign and endorse Kamala Harris, and the overall response in energy, excitement, and optimism shows that President Biden made the right decision.

As it happens I voted for Kamala in the 2020 primary and am excited to vote for her again. I wasn't misled, I don't feel disenfranchised, my good faith vote hasn't been nullified, and in fact I made my own small donor addition to her historic first 24 hours of fundraising.

Now what? Will you continue with the narrative that I've been disenfranchised? If so, why will you?