• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MAGA's response to President Biden's announcement

Shaul

Premium Member
Since the OP gave you an example of an adult, grown up response, this is an absurd thing to say.

lol.gif

Even more hilarious considering that Trump has only ever put himself first, has shown he has no respect for democracy, the Constitution, or even basic facts and telling the truth.
Well, your post proved my point. Nothing anyone is saying changes your one monomaniac thought process, that is to malign Trump regardless of any facts. You have TDS very bad.

Pogo

I wrote "In case you didn't notice, Biden, in his statement, said it was doing what was best for his Party first and best for the Country second. That's the priority."

Here is the text of his statement:

In the fourth paragraph he states that he is stepping down in "the best interest of my party and the country" in that sequence. Merriam Webster's dictionary defines priority as: "
1 a(1): the quality or state of being prior
(2): precedence in date or position of publication:

Definition of PRIORITY

In Biden's statement "party" comes prior to "country". I was quite correct in what I wrote and your accusation I committed slander is flat out wrong as evidenced above.
Don't even understand your own definition, prior in this case is just before the parts of the definition for cases where your meaning might be appropriate were the others in the definition.

And

Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
and
/an(d),(ə)n(d)/
conjunction
used to connect words of the same part of speech, clauses, or sentences, that are to be taken jointly.

Talk about desperation and straining at gnats.

Shaul

Premium Member
Did you vote for Biden in the primary? If not, why are you speaking for those who did?

I voted for him in the primary, and I would've voted for him in the general as well, but I'm energized and hopeful following his decision to suspend his campaign and endorse Kamala Harris, and the overall response in energy, excitement, and optimism shows that President Biden made the right decision.

As it happens I voted for Kamala in the 2020 primary and am excited to vote for her again. I wasn't misled, I don't feel disenfranchised, my good faith vote hasn't been nullified, and in fact I made my own small donor addition to her historic first 24 hours of fundraising.

Now what? Will you continue with the narrative that I've been disenfranchised? If so, why will you?
Of course there was fraud and disenfranchisement. Just as I wrote. That is true independent of whether someone was a specific victim of the fraud. The Democrat Party is violating state election laws by switching out Biden. Their actions are threat to democracy and the rule of law.

Shaul

Premium Member
Don't even understand your own definition, prior in this case is just before the parts of the definition for cases where your meaning might be appropriate were the others in the definition.

And

Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
and
/an(d),(ə)n(d)/
conjunction
used to connect words of the same part of speech, clauses, or sentences, that are to be taken jointly.

Talk about desperation and straining at gnats.
You think using the conjunction "and" nullifies the fact that a prior was written? Ok, buddy.

Pogo

Simply put, any or no response at all by Republicans would have been unsatisfactory to you.

In case you didn't notice, Biden, in his statement, said it was doing what was best for his Party first and best for the Country second. That's the priority.

The primary voters who voted for Biden were misled and a fraud was perpetrated on them. Now the Democrat apparatus is going to disenfranchise them and nullify their good faith votes.
No I felt disenfranchised when we got Trump who got 3 million votes less than Clinton. However you are obviously unfamiliar with the American electoral system.

Shaul

Premium Member
No I felt disenfranchised when we got Trump who got 3 million votes less than Clinton. However you are obviously unfamiliar with the American electoral system.
Ho ho! The infamous and erroneous "it's obvious" argument! LOL
You lose.

Pogo

Ho ho! The infamous and erroneous "it's obvious" argument! LOL
You lose.
Well you don't know that primaries are not directly the method by which candidates are placed on a ballot, they get there by meeting the states requirements for inclusion and nothing says that people who feel the need to have Biden on the ballot can do so, August 7 seems to be the earliest cutoff date. (Ohio)
For example, I didn't vote for either of them because my state's Republican and Democratic parties both decided not to even have a primary election.
Was I discenfranchised? No, that is not how the laws work in @Twilight Hue's People's Republic.
This is just another example of your lack of reading comprehension and ignorance.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
Of course there was fraud and disenfranchisement. Just as I wrote. That is true independent of whether someone was a specific victim of the fraud. The Democrat Party is violating state election laws by switching out Biden. Their actions are threat to democracy and the rule of law.

So it seems you plan to continue with the narrative that I've been disenfranchised when I've clearly said otherwise yet I'm the Biden voter here.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Well, your post proved my point. Nothing anyone is saying changes your one monomaniac thought process, that is to malign Trump regardless of any facts. You have TDS very bad.
"You have TDS" isn't an argument for anything. It's just a bold empty claim.

Especially coming from the people who support a (multiple) convicted felon, (multiple) convicted fraud, civilly liable sexual abuser and twice-impeached former President. From such people, "you have TDS" sounds absolutely absurd and hypocritical.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Whoa better slow down there. The Right tells us that saying someone is "a threat to democracy" amounts to violent rhetoric and promotion of violence.

Anyhoo, Biden resigned from running. What do you suggest the Democrats do, exactly?

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Well, your post proved my point. Nothing anyone is saying changes your one monomaniac thought process, that is to malign Trump regardless of any facts.
What facts? Let's have a look at a few facts, shall we?

It is a fact that Trump tried to overturn the result of the last election, in several ways, including inciting an armed insurrection.
It is a fact that he has lied about the result being stolen ever since.
It is a fact that he tells frequent other lies about pretty much anything, important or not. Whether this is because he's cynically trying to manipulate people, too stupid to know what the truth is, or a fantasist, is unclear, but it hardly matters much, does it?
It is a fact that he boasted about sexually assaulting women.

I see nobody outside the MAGA cult who disputes any of these. Not genuinely independent fact-checkers, not broadcast media under an obligation of impartiality (as we have in the UK)...

Just the first of these is more than enough to put anybody who supports this 'man', who complains about other people not respecting democracy, in a 'glass house throwing massive stones' situation.

The last should mean that he has no support from anybody with any sort of moral compass. Why Christians in the US support him is totally beyond me, and my Christian friends and family in the UK. :shrug:

Shaul

Premium Member
Well you don't know that primaries are not directly the method by which candidates are placed on a ballot, they get there by meeting the states requirements for inclusion and nothing says that people who feel the need to have Biden on the ballot can do so, August 7 seems to be the earliest cutoff date. (Ohio)
For example, I didn't vote for either of them because my state's Republican and Democratic parties both decided not to even have a primary election.
Was I discenfranchised? No, that is not how the laws work in @Twilight Hue's People's Republic.
This is just another example of your lack of reading comprehension and ignorance.
Um, no, that isn't any such example. I never wrote that every state held Democrat primaries. But for those that did have primaries had Joe Biden's name on the ballot. The people that voted for Joe Biden have now had their votes disenfranchised. If you have the understanding of the primaries that you claim then you are being disingenuous.