• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MAGA's response to President Biden's announcement

Shaul

Premium Member
So it seems you plan to continue with the narrative that I've been disenfranchised when I've clearly said otherwise yet I'm the Biden voter here.
Don't try to misrepresent or lie about what I have written. I wrote in general and not about you specifically. Those voters who held a primary and voted for Joe Biden, whose name was on the ballot, are the ones that have been disenfranchised.

Shaul

Premium Member
"You have TDS" isn't an argument for anything. It's just a bold empty claim.

Especially coming from the people who support a (multiple) convicted felon, (multiple) convicted fraud, civilly liable sexual abuser and twice-impeached former President. From such people, "you have TDS" sounds absolutely absurd and hypocritical.
You are right. When I wrote that you have TDS that wasn't an argument nor was it intended to be. It was on opinion I added after my other arguments. And you are re-confirming for me the correctness of that opinion.

Shaul

Premium Member
Whoa better slow down there. The Right tells us that saying someone is "a threat to democracy" amounts to violent rhetoric and promotion of violence.

Anyhoo, Biden resigned from running. What do you suggest the Democrats do, exactly?
How did Biden resign from running? Was it an "official" announcement? Here's a link to the White House's official statements. See if you can find any such announcement of it. (You won't.) Is sending a tweet sufficient? And who makes this kind of announcement like that? Joe Biden didn't even have the respect make a proper recorded message to the American people that he was doing this. This is a major announcement with huge impacts. Telling the American public about it by a tweet is not acceptable and insulting. Is it even legally binding? Does a mere tweet give individual state Democrat Party official authority to change how delegates are handled? Especially given that each state's party can have different rules, procedures and policies.

This is typical of Democrats. They think the rules don't apply to them and are only binding for the others. The Democrat Party has just provided further proof it only cares about power and will jettison democracy at its convenience.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
Don't try to misrepresent or lie about what I have written. I wrote in general and not about you specifically. Those voters who held a primary and voted for Joe Biden, whose name was on the ballot, are the ones that have been disenfranchised.

I'm not misrepresenting you, in fact you double down here. I *am* one of "those voters who held a primary and voted for Joe Biden, whose name was on the ballot" and I'm telling you I have *not* been disenfranchised. You are indeed speaking for a demographic you are not a part of and then apparently pretending that's not exactly what you're doing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
MAGA response is.....
R.b0df1703ae80027d41b52071b7fe36f1

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Democrat Party is violating state election laws by switching out Biden.
Quite apart from the incredible hypocrisy, as Biden was the one who stepped down, and he's the current President, surely all he has to do is call it an 'official act' and he's above the law, and has total immunity, so it wouldn't matter even if he did.

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Shaul

Premium Member
Wow, you win 1st prize on the "Hypocrisy Statement of the Year"!
Since I have never, ever advocated violating any state voting laws this is the silliest comment I have ever seen you write. And speaking of hypocrisy, if you concur with the extra-legal disenfranchising being put forth by the Democrats then you share their hypocrisy, which is great.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Since I have never, ever advocated violating any state voting laws this is the silliest comment I have ever seen you write. And speaking of hypocrisy, if you concur with the extra-legal disenfranchising being put forth by the Democrats then you share their hypocrisy, which is great.
Are you seriously arguing that the Democratic Party
should run only Biden for President? No substitutions
allowed at this stage before their nominating convention?
Which state laws require Biden or no one run as a Dem?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
In the fourth paragraph he states that he is stepping down in "the best interest of my party and the country" in that sequence. Merriam Webster's dictionary defines priority as: "
1 a(1): the quality or state of being prior
(2): precedence in date or position of publication:

Definition of PRIORITY

In Biden's statement "party" comes prior to "country". I was quite correct in what I wrote and your accusation I committed slander is flat out wrong as evidenced above.

So to be clear, you are not assigning the other uses of the term in your linked definition to Biden's words:
(1)
: superiority in rank, position, or privilege
(2)
: legal precedence in exercise of rights over the same subject matter
: a preferential rating
especially : one that allocates rights to goods and services usually in limited supply
that project has top priority
: something given or meriting attention before competing alternatives

Which means you are pointing out only that he used the term "party" before "country"?

I don't think we need to assume that this means he puts "party" as superior in rank or in a priviledged state before "country."

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You are right. When I wrote that you have TDS that wasn't an argument nor was it intended to be. It was on opinion I added after my other arguments. And you are re-confirming for me the correctness of that opinion.
Funny, because you're using it as an argument again, right now.

This "re-confirms your correctness of that opinion" ..... how, exactly? Please elaborate.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
How did Biden resign from running? Was it an "official" announcement? Here's a link to the White House's official statements. See if you can find any such announcement of it. (You won't.) Is sending a tweet sufficient?
Are you a Trump supporter complaining about Tweets?

And who makes this kind of announcement like that?
Joe Biden, apparently.
Joe Biden didn't even have the respect make a proper recorded message to the American people that he was doing this.
I'm pretty sure his message says he will be doing that later this week.
Perhaps he wants to get his ducks in order first.
This is a major announcement with huge impacts. Telling the American public about it by a tweet is not acceptable and insulting.
I have to ask again, are you a Trump supporter, by chance?
Is it even legally binding? Does a mere tweet give individual state Democrat Party official authority to change how delegates are handled? Especially given that each state's party can have different rules, procedures and policies.

This is typical of Democrats. They think the rules don't apply to them and are only binding for the others. The Democrat Party has just provided further proof it only cares about power and will jettison democracy at its convenience.
What rules, specifically?

You seem very upset about all of this. Were you planning on voting for Joe Biden?

Pogo

Um, no, that isn't any such example. I never wrote that every state held Democrat primaries. But for those that did have primaries had Joe Biden's name on the ballot. The people that voted for Joe Biden have now had their votes disenfranchised. If you have the understanding of the primaries that you claim then you are being disingenuous.

The world doesn't work the way you think it does once again. I rather doubt you will even find a court that will even entertain your notion though Mike Johnson seems to have some curious ideas.

Pogo

Then show us the rule or law that has been broken such that your claim of disenfranchisement is appropriate, I don't think you even know what disenfranchisement is in this context.

Burden of proof is on you.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
How did Biden resign from running? Was it an "official" announcement? Here's a link to the White House's official statements. See if you can find any such announcement of it. (You won't.) Is sending a tweet sufficient? And who makes this kind of announcement like that? Joe Biden didn't even have the respect make a proper recorded message to the American people that he was doing this. This is a major announcement with huge impacts. Telling the American public about it by a tweet is not acceptable and insulting. Is it even legally binding? Does a mere tweet give individual state Democrat Party official authority to change how delegates are handled? Especially given that each state's party can have different rules, procedures and policies.

He will speak to the American people on Wednesday night, so stay tuned for the "official" FaceTime withdrawal.

The Primaries determined the delegates to the Convention, NOT the final candidate. The majority of delegates remain promoters of the Biden Platform, and will vote for the preliminary candidate that most represents that Platform in lew of Biden's withdrawal from the race. This is why his endorsement carries so much weight. The endorsement signifies his confidence in Kamala Harris to be the one who will uphold the Platform best.

The game has not changed. The coach (party) just refreshed the mound by switching pitchers in the top of the eighth.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
Vance isn't a likable candidate and Trump may eventually see him as a liability. And it will be too late. :)

Enten says he looked at every election since 1980 and could not find another veep selection with a net negative rating.

“He is the first guy after, immediately following a convention, a VP pick, who actually had a net negative favorable rating that is underwater,” he went on. “The average since 2000 is plus 19 points, JD Vance, making history in the completely wrong way.”

Enten added that vice presidential nominees are “usually very popular” when they are first selected. “But in this case, he’s dragging Trump down.”

:tearsofjoy:

Alien826

No religious beliefs
I wrote "In case you didn't notice, Biden, in his statement, said it was doing what was best for his Party first and best for the Country second. That's the priority."

Here is the text of his statement:

In the fourth paragraph he states that he is stepping down in "the best interest of my party and the country" in that sequence. Merriam Webster's dictionary defines priority as: "
1 a(1): the quality or state of being prior
(2): precedence in date or position of publication:

Definition of PRIORITY

In Biden's statement "party" comes prior to "country". I was quite correct in what I wrote and your accusation I committed slander is flat out wrong as evidenced above.

There's no reason that two things joined by "and" can't be considered to be of equal weight or that either has priority. If I say that I like "fish and chips" can you assume that I like fish more than chips?

Alien826

No religious beliefs

Do you, or does anyone have any serious doubt that Biden has resigned?

In any case he had a right to do so and this can happen to any candidate at this stage of the proceedings. Let's say the bullet that hit Trump's ear had been one inch to the right. What should the Republican party have done, kept him on the ballot and given Biden an unopposed victory? In both cases (Biden's resignation and Trump's death) you have a candidate that won the primary and is no longer running. There has to be a way for his party to replace him.