• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MAGA's response to President Biden's announcement

Argentbear

Don't try to misrepresent or lie about what I have written. I wrote in general and not about you specifically. Those voters who held a primary and voted for Joe Biden, whose name was on the ballot, are the ones that have been disenfranchised.
Evidence they feel disenfranchised?

Argentbear

How did Biden resign from running? Was it an "official" announcement? Here's a link to the White House's official statements. See if you can find any such announcement of it. (You won't.) Is sending a tweet sufficient? And who makes this kind of announcement like that? Joe Biden didn't even have the respect make a proper recorded message to the American people that he was doing this. This is a major announcement with huge impacts. Telling the American public about it by a tweet is not acceptable and insulting. Is it even legally binding? Does a mere tweet give individual state Democrat Party official authority to change how delegates are handled? Especially given that each state's party can have different rules, procedures and policies.

This is typical of Democrats. They think the rules don't apply to them and are only binding for the others. The Democrat Party has just provided further proof it only cares about power and will jettison democracy at its convenience.
you just broke the irony meter

Pogo

How did Biden resign from running? Was it an "official" announcement? Here's a link to the White House's official statements. See if you can find any such announcement of it. (You won't.) Is sending a tweet sufficient? And who makes this kind of announcement like that? Joe Biden didn't even have the respect make a proper recorded message to the American people that he was doing this. This is a major announcement with huge impacts. Telling the American public about it by a tweet is not acceptable and insulting. Is it even legally binding? Does a mere tweet give individual state Democrat Party official authority to change how delegates are handled? Especially given that each state's party can have different rules, procedures and policies.

This is typical of Democrats. They think the rules don't apply to them and are only binding for the others. The Democrat Party has just provided further proof it only cares about power and will jettison democracy at its convenience.
Sombody's touque is too tight.
wqzskdyz-1342582123.jpg

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Don't try to misrepresent or lie about what I have written. I wrote in general and not about you specifically. Those voters who held a primary and voted for Joe Biden, whose name was on the ballot, are the ones that have been disenfranchised.
I am going to suggest, based on polls and based on interviews with primary voters I have seen that 1) those who voted for Biden in the Primary (knowing Harris was his running mate) are pretty happy that their delegates are going to Harris. And 2) Those who voted for Haley in that other primary are not so happy that Trump is the nominee.

But in both cases, that is democracy.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Since I have never, ever advocated violating any state voting laws this is the silliest comment I have ever seen you write. And speaking of hypocrisy, if you concur with the extra-legal disenfranchising being put forth by the Democrats then you share their hypocrisy, which is great.

LOL! My comment deal with your complaint about Harris' supposedly usurping state laws as if you really care about law & order when you've repeatedly supported and defended Trump, who is a twice impeached convicted felon who tried to overturn the 2020 election. Could you stoop any lower? :rolleyes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I am going to suggest, based on polls and based on interviews with primary voters I have seen that 1) those who voted for Biden in the Primary (knowing Harris was his running mate) are pretty happy that their delegates are going to Harris. And 2) Those who voted for Haley in that other primary are not so happy that Trump is the nominee.

Clearly, it's "undemocratic" to run someone better than
Biden against Trump. It's unfair! Biden was easily beatable!
You can't just put some ringer in at the last minute!
R.51b5e7877fd72e67e4db35e54dd59fa9

Alien826

No religious beliefs
Clearly, it's "undemocratic" to run someone better than
Biden against Trump. It's unfair! Biden was easily beatable!
You can't just put some ringer in at the last minute!
R.51b5e7877fd72e67e4db35e54dd59fa9

Something I've been wondering about and don't know the answer. In general what are the rules (or law) concerning a candidate who drops out of (or is unable to continue with) an election before the election is held? Say all this had happened in late October when everything is set up, the ballot papers are printed and many people have already voted by mail or otherwise? Does the election go ahead without that candidate? This could be either candidate for President, or any other elected position.

This is just for the sake of interest, there doesn't seem to be a problem with Harris taking over, particularly as the DNC is yet to occur. But what if it was much later?

Pogo

Something I've been wondering about and don't know the answer. In general what are the rules (or law) concerning a candidate who drops out of (or is unable to continue with) an election before the election is held? Say all this had happened in late October when everything is set up, the ballot papers are printed and many people have already voted by mail or otherwise? Does the election go ahead without that candidate? This could be either candidate for President, or any other elected position.

This is just for the sake of interest, there doesn't seem to be a problem with Harris taking over, particularly as the DNC is yet to occur. But what if it was much later?
It would actually depend on state election law and what the electors are allowed to do. It should also be noted that here is where election law can and often is changed in response to unforseen situations. Lawyers will get rich and judges will make it up as they go along hopefully rationally.

For example there was a case not too long ago where a candidate was challenged for lying on some paperwork. The lie, they had changed their gender between some documents. IIRC the candidate was still deemed eligible.

Shaul

Premium Member

Nope. Your opinion isn't enough. Voters were deceived and now their cast ballots for Biden are being disenfranchised. Those are facts.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Nope. Your opinion isn't enough. Voters were deceived and now their cast ballots for Biden are being disenfranchised. Those are facts.
Deceived?

Biden like, just decided he's not running anymore. Just a couple of days ago.

Are you suggesting he was planning on dropping out long ago, but waited until now in some attempt to "deceive" voters?
The same voters who voted for the Biden with Kamala Harris as his VP the last time around?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
LOL! My comment deal with your complaint about Harris' supposedly usurping state laws as if you really care about law & order when you've repeatedly supported and defended Trump, who is a twice impeached convicted felon who tried to overturn the 2020 election. Could you stoop any lower? :rolleyes:
Lawfare is a beautiful thing.

Shaul

Premium Member
Deceived?

Biden like, just decided he's not running anymore. Just a couple of days ago.

Are you suggesting he was planning on dropping out long ago, but waited until now in some attempt to "deceive" voters?
The same voters who voted for the Biden with Kamala Harris as his VP the last time around?
Yes, it was deceptive. Biden, Harris, all of the administration (and many willing parties in the media) all vehemently denied that Biden would bow out. Voters included those denials as a basis for their votes. These denials were despite mounting evidence to the contrary. Biden knew, or should have known, that he might drop out. As did Harris and members of his administration. Harris met with Biden at least weekly and observed his decline. Yet she denied it. Which means she is either prevaricating or blind to what has become the painfully obvious signs everyone else saw. To not point too fine a point on it, they all lied.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Yes, it was deceptive. Biden, Harris, all of the administration (and many willing parties in the media) all vehemently denied that Biden would bow out.
At the time, he wasn't. Now he is.
Things change sometimes. Your assertion is that this was done on purpose with deception in mind on the part of Biden, Harris and the Democratic party.
Voters included those denials as a basis for their votes.
Did they? Are you a Biden voter?
These denials were despite mounting evidence to the contrary. Biden knew, or should have known, that he might drop out.
It certainly sounds to me like he had no intention whatsoever of dropping out, up until the last couple of weeks when the pressure started mounting against him.

I'd love to how you think you know that he planned out dropping out long ago.
As did Harris and members of his administration. Harris met with Biden at least weekly and observed his decline. Yet she denied it. Which means she is either prevaricating or blind to what has become the painfully obvious signs everyone else saw. To not point too fine a point on it, they all lied.
You've not shown that anyone has lied or deceived. Just claimed it.

Shaul

Premium Member
At the time, he wasn't. Now he is.
Things change sometimes. Your assertion is that this was done on purpose with deception in mind on the part of Biden, Harris and the Democratic party.

Did they? Are you a Biden voter?

It certainly sounds to me like he had no intention whatsoever of dropping out, up until the last couple of weeks when the pressure started mounting against him.

I'd love to how you think you know that he planned out dropping out long ago.

You've not shown that anyone has lied or deceived. Just claimed it.

"Investor Whitney Tilson says he felt "deceived" after watching the Biden debate with Trump last week."
A Biden donor says giving him cash is a waste of time and money if that bad debate showed what Biden's really like

"Donors deceived"
Joe Biden's presidential campaign, a slow-motion train wreck

"They’ve deceived and gaslit us for four years, all in the name of ‘democracy.’ That collapsed Thursday."
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-de...ry-doesnt-2024-presidential-election-a86a9756

Journalists say they feel deceived. "Many of the journalists who cover Biden every day are seething at what some say is a White House that has deceived them and has kept the president from interacting in an open format with the press."
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/biden-trump-election-07-05-24/index.html

"“The View” host Alyssa Farah Griffin says after watching President Biden’s shaky debate against former President Trump, she feels deceived by the White House about his fitness for office."
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...he-view-biden-trump-presidential-debate-2024/

"Many Americans are furious, feeling that they have been deceived by the White House and the media."
US left-wing media lift silence on President Biden's health

Just a few samples.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"Investor Whitney Tilson says he felt "deceived" after watching the Biden debate with Trump last week."
A Biden donor says giving him cash is a waste of time and money if that bad debate showed what Biden's really like

"Donors deceived"
Joe Biden's presidential campaign, a slow-motion train wreck

"They’ve deceived and gaslit us for four years, all in the name of ‘democracy.’ That collapsed Thursday."
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-de...ry-doesnt-2024-presidential-election-a86a9756

Journalists say they feel deceived. "Many of the journalists who cover Biden every day are seething at what some say is a White House that has deceived them and has kept the president from interacting in an open format with the press."
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/biden-trump-election-07-05-24/index.html

"“The View” host Alyssa Farah Griffin says after watching President Biden’s shaky debate against former President Trump, she feels deceived by the White House about his fitness for office."
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...he-view-biden-trump-presidential-debate-2024/

"Many Americans are furious, feeling that they have been deceived by the White House and the media."
US left-wing media lift silence on President Biden's health

Just a few samples.
I've long criticized Democrats for deception.
But in recent years, Magas have been top dog.
The worst....pretending a stolen election.
There's nothing dishonest about Dem leaders
finally admitting his infirmity, & replacing him
with his VP to run for the Presidency.