• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MAGA's response to President Biden's announcement

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I don't trust either party.
Enlightened centrism isn't helpful here. One is guilty of obscuring political strategy and planning. The other is systematically attempting to strip the rights away from the people they are supposed to represent as it is documented in that plan.

We Never Know

No Slack
Enlightened centrism isn't helpful here. One is guilty of obscuring political strategy and planning. The other is systematically attempting to strip the rights away from the people they are supposed to represent as it is documented in that plan.
Both parties are responsible for the turmoil, the BS, the hate, the debt, the border, the etc etc. The list goes on.

They represent themselves, not the people.

If you want to trust one, have at it.

Pogo

one could argue that misleading people for their own good is not unethical?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
LOL Appeal to authority fallacy. Funny.
It is you that is ignoring the blow back Democrats will be receiving for this. You think this is just GOP thing. It isn't independent voters and many Democrats see this as extra legal and ham handed.

Maybe if you actually studied, you'd know better.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Both parties are responsible for the turmoil, the BS, the hate, the debt, the border, the etc etc. The list goes on. They represent themselves, not the people. If you want to trust one, have at it.
But if you live in the States, one party or the other will control the White House and the two chambers of Congress, which will affect your life. And if both parties hold at least one of them, there will be gridlock as there has been since the Republicans took control of the House in January 2023. Maybe you prefer that to what we saw Biden accomplish with Democratic majorities in both houses.

And notwithstanding all of this false equivalency, there is a very clear difference between the two parties. Trump and the Republicans will support the oligarchs, constrict freedoms, and lower the standard of living for ordinary Americans as they did before, while Harris (like Biden before her) and the Democrats will protect democracy, attempt to expand freedoms, promote egalitarianism, and support the middle class and the weak as they have been doing since 2021. These are very different visons and agendas.
They ought to go the same way the Whigs and the Federalist parties went.
Those were the first two attempts by American conservatives to form political parties, and they both died. The Republicans are their latest incarnation, and though way worse than either the Federalists or Whigs, they just won't go away. It's hard to believe the Republicans survived the Bush II years. They terrified Americans to the point that they elected a black man, even in Indiana and North Carolina:

"Obama flipped nine states that had voted Republican in 2004: Colorado, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, and Virginia, as well as Nebraska's 2nd congressional district. This also marked the last time a Democrat carried Indiana and North Carolina in a presidential election."

It's even harder to believe that despite being rife with criminals, authoritarian theocrats, and lunatics that the Republicans are competitive in 2024. That doesn't bode well for America. It indicates an intellectual and moral crisis in American culture that didn't exist when those other parties fell by the wayside.
It is you that is ignoring the blow back Democrats will be receiving for this. You think this is just GOP thing. It isn't independent voters and many Democrats see this as extra legal and ham handed.
Thank you for your concern, but I think the Kamala and Democrats have this, and aren't really looking for advice from their enemies.
The courts will decide this issue. Not you.
Exactly. Not YOU. Your opinions are just that and only that.

Altfish

Veteran Member
As far as Biden remaing President I have a coouple of questions.
If Biden is not running for President because of health reasons (which is quite obivious he has lost it) then is he unfit to continue as President?
If Biden is not running for President because the Democrat elites convinced him that it would be best for the party (which they admit is an issue) then this means that they are putting the party before the will of the people and they are a threat to democracy.
Surely Biden is thinking, "I'm ok now, but I won't be in 4-years time"

Shaul

Premium Member
She's had to partition the 2024 delegates and get a minimum of 600 to approve her running for the nomination. I think it was yesterday that I read a news article that she has 2600.
You think THAT is the issue? The problem facing the Democrat Party elites is delegate squabbles. All their machinations can't control the rogue delegates and disenfranchised Democrat voters who will have their say one way or another. Either through a fight at the convention, a la 1968, or by staying home in November.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
You think THAT is the issue? The problem facing the Democrat Party elites is delegate squabbles. All their machinations can't control the rogue delegates and disenfranchised Democrat voters who will have their say one way or another. Either through a fight at the convention, a la 1968, or by staying home in November.
I don't think there's any issue. I was attempting to address what you see as an issue.

Shaul

Premium Member
I don't think there's any issue. I was attempting to address what you see as an issue.
Actually I am kind of glad you think that way. I think complacency and ignoring of these possibilities by Harris supporters is just fine. Keep it up.