• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MAGA's response to President Biden's announcement

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Wrong. This varies by individual state laws. Many states, by law, require delegates to vote for the named candidate they were assigned to on the first convention ballot.

The courts will decide this issue. Not you.
She's had to partition the 2024 delegates and get a minimum of 600 to approve her running for the nomination. I think it was yesterday that I read a news article that she has 2600.

Pogo

She's had to partition the 2024 delegates and get a minimum of 600 to approve her running for the nomination. I think it was yesterday that I read a news article that she has 2600.
Petition, but @Shaul is sure he knows more than anyone who has actually done any research on this. LOL

Spice

Wrong. This varies by individual state laws. Many states, by law, require delegates to vote for the named candidate they were assigned to on the first convention ballot.

The courts will decide this issue. Not you.
If the state election laws "rule," then wouldn't the disqualification of Trump in those states that determined him to be a insurrectionist have to be upheld?

Pogo

Thanks for the spell check -- it's never been my forté.
I just didn't want anybody to get confused, so many here easily are.
But you are way ahead of me, is that thing over the e one of the things my son was telling me about in programming? I couldn't find the one that goes the other way. :)

Spice

I just didn't want anybody to get confused, so many here easily are.
But you are way ahead of me, is that thing over the e one of the things my son was telling me about in programming? I couldn't find the one that goes the other way. :)
If you hold the "e" down the options pop up. But you have to slide your finger to select. Now this is on an Android keyboard. It's been a long, long time since I used a pc.
Screenshot_20240726_200530_Chrome.jpg

Pogo

If you hold the "e" down the options pop up. But you have to slide your finger to select. Now this is on an Android keyboard. It's been a long, long time since I used a pc.
View attachment 94759

View attachment 94759
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, same response on my chromebook and chrome box. No worries I'm old enough to remember ASCII stuff or use Google to find the kbd shortcut, I was teasing my son since it is apparently now used without underlying letters as a quote mark in some of the languages he uses.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Thanks for the spell check -- it's never been my forté.
You misspelled "forte".
Although the word "forte" (from French) & "forte" (from Italian)
have different meanings, (ability vs loud), dictionaries are
starting to recognize the "fortay" pronunciation in addition
to the historically correct "fort".
There....I've not been too annoying today.
This post has fixed that.

Pogo

You misspelled "forte".
Spoken like a true Merkin.

Spice

You misspelled "forte".
:facepalm::shrug::hugehug:
Made my day!!!!!!!!

We Never Know

No Slack
Mine is 4 years old. Evidently not everything spreads with age. Just my gut, and butt.

But I have that cool looking one. Didn't know what the hell it was though. But after a search...

"The symbol € is based on the Greek letter epsilon (Є), with the first letter in the word “Europe” and with 2 parallel lines signifying stability. The ISO code for the euro is EUR. This is used when referring to euro amounts without using the symbol."

Spice

But I have that cool looking one. Didn't know what the hell it was though. But after a search...

"The symbol € is based on the Greek letter epsilon (Є), with the first letter in the word “Europe” and with 2 parallel lines signifying stability. The ISO code for the euro is EUR. This is used when referring to euro amounts without using the symbol."
Yea, but I've got what I need for foreign languages. But don't tell Duolingo. It gives me credit for my Spanish spellings without the proper accents. Now if it would just overlook my actual misspellings!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yes, it was deceptive. Biden, Harris, all of the administration (and many willing parties in the media) all vehemently denied that Biden would bow out. Voters included those denials as a basis for their votes. These denials were despite mounting evidence to the contrary. Biden knew, or should have known, that he might drop out. As did Harris and members of his administration. Harris met with Biden at least weekly and observed his decline. Yet she denied it. Which means she is either prevaricating or blind to what has become the painfully obvious signs everyone else saw. To not point too fine a point on it, they all lied.
That's why these people can't be trusted to lead the country making the Democratic party a very dangerous party to be let in control.

Spice

I don't trust either party.
Never, ever trust people in power. That's why we must demand that checks and balances remain firmly in place, even if it works against the speed of progress.
Always cheer for the turtle over the hare.