• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Male Rape

Alceste

Vagabond
Agreed, emotion has no place in a judicial system.

Maybe during sentencing emotion might be warranted, but it shouldn't be used to convict someone.

Exactly. We can recognize that the severity of a crime is proportional to the physical and emotional impact on the victim and punish the perpetrator accordingly without becoming hysterical ourselves.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I don't think we should encourage exaggerating the severity of the crime.

What aspects of rape do you feel are exaggerated or overblown by the victims?

Also, do you believe there is no real difference in severity between some old, senile lecher pinching a woman's butt, and a brutal gang-rape (since both fall under the label of sexual assault), or that the difference in severity is irrelevant?

Alceste

Vagabond
What aspects of rape do you feel are exaggerated and overblown by the victims ?

Do you believe there is no real difference in severity between some old, senile lecher pinching a woman's butt, and a brutal gang-rape, or that the difference in severity is irrelevant?

I don't think the thing you're asking about and didn't ever remotely suggest that victims are exaggerating the impact of sexual assault. So I can't answer your question. Do you maybe have a question that relates to what I said?

Andras

Some people will do or say anything to get attention.
Faced with the choice with no way out, I doubt many males would dissagree
I would make a poll but I can't post one yet. It's not attention whoring, if I wanted attention I would have posted in the "greetings" thread to get yours- you came to me, do not forget that

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Faced with the choice with no way out, I doubt many males would dissagree
I would make a poll but I can't post one yet. It's not attention whoring, if I wanted attention I would have posted in the "greetings" thread to get yours- you came to me, do not forget that

But why do you talk crap ?.

Knight of Albion

Someone I know was raped. For the 'man' it was all over in a couple of minutes. For the woman, as a result of the attack she developed agoraphobia and couldn't leave her flat, she had to give up her career, never married or had children. It ruined her whole life.
So I get very angry when I hear people joking or making light about rape like it was no 'big deal'. It is a 'big deal'.

Alceste

Vagabond
Someone I know was raped. For the 'man' it was all over in a couple of minutes. For the woman, as a result of the attack she developed agoraphobia and couldn't leave her flat, she had to give up her career, never married or had children. It ruined her whole life.
So I get very angry when I hear people joking or making light about rape like it was no 'big deal'. It is a 'big deal'.
Assault is always a big deal, sexual or otherwise.