• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marketability of Your Religion Based On Your RF Contributions

PureX

Veteran Member
I am not here to convince anyone of anything. Only to present others with a viewpoint that they may not be familiar with or have never considered. What they do with this is their own business.

If they have questions, they should speak up and ask them. The only stupid question, as they say, is the one we didn't ask.

Niatero

*banned*
Another rule I follow is that I don't want to respond in any way at all to anything that looks like heckling to me.

Niatero

*banned*
Just now I deviated from my straight path with some unfriendliness in one of my posts. I posted an apology.

(later) No, I'm not trying to use this as a confession booth :grinning:. It's just to talk about my efforts and experiences in practicing the kind of behavior that I think will help make forum discussions more fruitful for everyone, including people who might mostly or only be watching.

I was so distracted that I started to go off topic.

Last edited:

Niatero

*banned*
Hey, your world map is inaccurate and your name is confusing.
Are you testing me? :D I see now that I might make exceptions to that rule, if I think it's all in good fun.

In case you don't know, "Nia Tero" is "our earth" in Esperanto, but I forgot that. I was thinking it was "new earth."

Tomef

Are you testing me? :D I see now that I might make exceptions to that rule, if I think it's all in good fun.

In case you don't know, "Nia Tero" is "our earth" in Esperanto, but I forgot that. I was thinking it was "new earth."
Looked it up too, learned something new from my heckling test. Exceptions noted!

Niatero

*banned*
I failed miserably today. I don't even know how to describe what happened. I might come back and try to describe it later. It might be mostly because one of my favorite threads turned into a spitwad fight and ugly campaigns of defamation.

RestlessSoul

I failed miserably today. I don't even know how to describe what happened. I might come back and try to describe it later. It might be mostly because one of my favorite threads turned into a spitwad fight and ugly campaigns of defamation.

That happens quite a lot, unfortunately. There are a small number of people who, it seems, only come here to belittle others. You could put those people on ignore, though I never have; you can learn something from everybody.

Niatero

*banned*
That happens quite a lot, unfortunately. There are a small number of people who, it seems, only come here to belittle others. You could put those people on ignore, though I never have; you can learn something from everybody.
I usually never do, for the same reason, but today I put three of them on ignore, and I was going to put all the others except one on ignore, but then I decided it wasn’t worth the trouble.None of it was against me, and I wasn’t being unfriendly to anyone.

I was following my rules better than I ever have before, keeping my feelings and intentions friendly towards everyone and not responding at all to any heckling. Then the mud and the spit wads started flying all around me. It’s strange, I didn’t respond in any unfriendly way to anyone in that thread, but I started lashing out at people in other threads for no reason.

I’ve suddenly lost all my enthusiasm, and all my interest in all the discussions in the forum, and I can’t remember or imagine why I’m even posting here. I don’t know which way is up.

Last edited:

Psalm23

RF is read not only by the denizens who participate, but by lurkers and guests who do not.

Based on your contributions on RF, how well do you think you represent your religion or belief system (or your atheism) to an outside seeker who is deciding what religion to follow or deciding to leave their religion for atheism?

Do you feel the way you discuss or debate your beliefs and your behavior in threads would attract a seeker to your religion, your spirituality, or your secular views?

Do you set an example for your religion? If so, how?

Without naming names, do you feel an aversion to a religion/form of spirituality/secular worldview not based on the dogma associated with it, but by how a person or people of that group here on RF carry themselves or represent their views?

I hope that I represent my Lord Jesus and my faith well to others on here and in my life.

I believe that @JustGeorge is a good representative of her faith.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
RF is read not only by the denizens who participate, but by lurkers and guests who do not.
Based on your contributions on RF, how well do you think you represent your religion or belief system (or your atheism) to an outside seeker who is deciding what religion to follow or deciding to leave their religion for atheism?
So so I would guess. I'm no shining star, but I have my knowledgeable areas.
Do you feel the way you discuss or debate your beliefs and your behavior in threads would attract a seeker to your religion, your spirituality, or your secular views?
Maybe? Depends on the day. I can be grating to some because I tend to be blunt, (ie rude).
Do you set an example for your religion? If so, how?
I try to set an example through my posts here. And in my interactions in public if it comes up (which isn't common).
Without naming names, do you feel an aversion to a religion/form of spirituality/secular worldview not based on the dogma associated with it, but by how a person or people of that group here on RF carry themselves or represent their views?
Absolutely.