• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

May 21st

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
What you're overlooking is that Miller made two mistakes!

First off, he was expecting the literal end of the world; but this is because of a mistake made by the compilers of the KJV Bible: the original Greek word is "eras," which means "world" or "age." And the translators picked the wrong meaning: what the prophecy is really about is the end of the Age!

Are you talking about the coming of the Age of Aquarius? In that case, the earliest claim of it coming was in 1884, with the arrival of Babism which eventually turned into the Baha'i Faith after a few mutinies and internal struggles. However there are more claims that the Age of Aquarius actually arrived sometime in the 20th century (I am among the ones who believe this, more specifically, I believe it was in the late 1900's).

Aquarius traditionally "rules" electricity, computers, flight, democracy, freedom, humanitarianism, idealists, modernization, astrology, nervous disorders, rebels and rebellion, nonconformity, philanthropy, veracity, perseverance, humanity and irresolution. As for the rise and fall of empires, the USA is on the verge of collapse, and some think that China has risen as a/the new empire.

BruceDLimber

Are you talking about the coming of the Age of Aquarius? In that case, the earliest claim of it coming was in 1884, with the arrival of Babism which eventually turned into the Baha'i Faith after a few mutinies and internal struggles.

No, I'm speaking of the Baha'i Era; and please note the Baha'i Faith came about quite naturally; the "mutinies" were a few individuals with their own ego problems that didn't ultimately have any effect on the Faith itself.

As to the Age of Aquarius, its beginning is vague with no clear date given, though it did indeed begin around that time (but is otherwise largely meaningless save as a metaphor).

Peace, :)

Bruce

RitalinO.D.

I say we all meet up somewhere in the Midwest US and have a non-rapture party. Ill bring the home made beer brats!

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
May 21st?
my GOD!
what a terrible timing.
its the date im going to Israel!
I guess I should use this important piece of info, and NOT visit the guys at the Armageddon archaeological site! :faint:

BruceDLimber

May 21st? ...
it's the date im going to Israel!

Be sure to visit Haifa if you can: I'm sure you'll love the famous gardens at the Baha'i World Center! :)

(As to Armageddon, don't worry about it: that battle took place in 1918 near the end of World War I, when British General Allenby defeated the Turks on the Plain of Megiddo. So that's getting to be ancient history.)

Peace, :)

Bruce

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
May 21st?
my GOD!
what a terrible timing.
its the date im going to Israel!
I guess I should use this important piece of info, and NOT visit the guys at the Armageddon archaeological site! :faint:

I know right....?

The wife's birthday was yesterday and we're having dinner with friends tomorrow....

And to boot......I'm waiting on my box set of the Six Million Dollar Man to arrive.....

uhhh, "God"......you get a rain check...!!!

outhouse

Atheistically
I swear it seems like these believers want it to happen.

They sure are not taking it serious despite there belief

I would say not one is willing to give everything they own to back there belief, but yet they follow with open arms.

I think its pathetic and a danger to society to let what amounts to be a cult to get such attention.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I know right....?

The wife's birthday was yesterday and we're having dinner with friends tomorrow....

And to boot......I'm waiting on my box set of the Six Million Dollar Man to arrive.....

uhhh, "God"......you get a rain check...!!!
ahahahaha... :bow:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
When's the Mayan calender one? some time in 2012? I actually do have a bit of sympathy for the gullible.