• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mean Church Signs

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
"Someone, somewhere is somehow having fun, and we don't like that!" seems to be the general consensus and preaching strategy of a lot of churches around here.

A

angellous_evangellous

my.php

Smoke

Done here.
Actual sign spotted today in front of the Living Word Praise & Worship Holliness Church [their spelling, not mine], Lyman, South Carolina:

8-30-07.jpg

Booko

Deviled Hen
"Someone, somewhere is somehow having fun, and we don't like that!" seems to be the general consensus and preaching strategy of a lot of churches around here.

There are Puritans in our area?

That's from Ambrose Bierce's Devil's Dictionary definition for Puritan.

Not that there's a lot of practical difference sometimes. :cover:

Ðanisty

That really is mean. Here in the Pac Northwest where people are much more liberal, that sign wouldn't have stood one day. The church would have gotten probably 100 calls complaining. :yes:
That's so good to hear!

The Evangelical "insult for Jesus crowd" always makes an appearance at every LDS semi-annual general conference. They stand just outside Temple Square with their signs telling us we're all going to Hell, shouting obscenities at us and desecrating temple garments. Mostly, we just ignore them. However, a few resourceful Latter-day Saints have recently shown up with their own signs. Here are some of my favorites:​

Hi! My name is Satan and these street preachers are my missionaries.

I have nothing better to do than stand on the street corner holding a sign.

If you can't be right, be loud.

People with signs are stupid.

I've been rebuked by a street preacher.
Lol...that's awesome! My friend did something similar downtown after 9-11 when some guy was walking around with a retarded sign. I'll have to get the details from him though.

Diogenes

I might need to make a "Stupid Church Signs" thread just for this one church... :p

From the church that brought us "Have you forgot what Jesus done for you?" and "There is a God and you are not him", I got a new gem today:

"Happy hour is an eternity in hell."

My first thought was "SIGN ME UP!"

I have no idea what they were trying to get across.

That happy hour bit is hilarious. It reminds me of a quote from Mark Twain: "Do not do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Their taste may be different from yours."

blackout

Violet.
"Happy hour is an eternity in hell."

doppelgänger;926328 said:
"If there's joy in your life, there's sin in your heart" or something like that perhaps.

I know it! Isn't it crazy?
Some people truly live to bring hell fire down on others
for leading happy, free-spirited lives.
If attaining heaven means being mean and sour like they are,
I guess there's no option but hell for me. :shrug:

Pariah

Let go
I know this is "Mean Church Signs", but because Dopp has decided to derail with it Cthulu, or whatever, I have to put this up.

jan17sfw07.jpg