• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Men's Issues/Masculism DIR

Should we have a Men's Issues DIR?

• Yes

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 35.6%

• Total voters

freethinker44

No, anti-feminists barge in and dominate every single one of them. That's why we made A DIR.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume I am one of the anti-feminists you are referring to. So I checked to be sure I wasn't being a dick and hijacking someone's thread, and I found of the last 4 feminist threads I participated in, 3 were in the general debates section and 1 was in North American Politics. Arguing these things is what the debate sections are for, if you keep getting dominated while debating you might want to look at your argument chances are it's weak; thus easily dominated.

It seems to me, if you don't want to debate your topics, you shouldn't put them in the debate section, or at least formulate a stronger argument.

hehe... this should be fun. :D

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume I am one of the anti-feminists you are referring to. So I checked to be sure I wasn't being a dick and hijacking someone's thread, and I found of the last 4 feminist threads I participated in, 3 were in the general debates section and 1 was in North American Politics. Arguing these things is what the debate sections are for, if you keep getting dominated while debating you might want to look at your argument chances are it's weak; thus easily dominated.

I honestly failed to see any "trolling" there: perhaps some mild sarcasm that there is anywhere else on the forum, and certainly there was disagreement but nothing in my opinion that would constitute outright trolling.

There have certainly been harsher things said about Christians, Muslims or Conservatives on these forums.

Alceste

Vagabond

It seems to me, if you don't want to debate your topics, you shouldn't put them in the debate section, or at least formulate a stronger argument.

hehe... this should be fun. :D

What I mean is dominated by retarded contents about boobs, wanking, how feminists are man-haters, how they're not sexually appealing, and the endless drumbeat of totally ignorant people who have never so much as read the wiki on feminism insisting that women have too many "special rights" already and that "the feminists have gone too far", that feminism is sexist, hypocritical, bla bla barf bla.

You don't have to work very hard to put together a more coherent and convincing argument than that kind of nonsense.

The loudest, rudest talker always dominates the conversation. It has nothing to do with the quality of the posts that are being drowned out.

Once again, the feminist DIR was specifically created for the exchange of coherent, well-articulated posts about feminism (by feminists), without the noise I've described above.

I can't recall whether any of your own comments for into that general category, but probably not. I think of you as a reasonably respectful contributor. :)

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What I mean is dominated by retarded contents about boobs, wanking, how feminists are man-haters, how they're not sexually appealing, and the endless drumbeat of totally ignorant people who have never so much as read the wiki on feminism insisting that women have too many "special rights" already and that "the feminists have gone too far", that feminism is sexist, hypocritical....
You've been the biggest purveyor of this stuff...in both directions.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
I'd never heard of masculism. But then, being a Brit, I'd never heard of libertarian. Decided it was a liberal vegetarian.

Need more butter...

ignition

Actually, I offered two arguments for, and two against. My formatting was different though. And one of my arguments against included the words 'Waah, waah, waah', which is generally not considered sophisticated.

Methinks your argument against my argument shows your biased leanings.

;)
Haha fair enough

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'd never heard of masculism. But then, being a Brit, I'd never heard of libertarian. Decided it was a liberal vegetarian.
Actually, we liberate penned up vegetarians so that they may range free.
(They taste better then.)