• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

message to muslims

i am an American and I am not a muslim. Although I have read the quran out of interest, and will probably again.

I just wanted to say that I feel our countries reaction to Bin Ladens death was un called for. The cheering and parties were completely inappropriate. the burial thing was wrong too. I dont believe Bin Laden was justified in his actions, and he got what he dished....bassically.

And Id also say that when the usa refers to the lives lost in this war, we should metion all the uninvolved muslims that have dies right along with our troops and the people of 911

fatima_bintu_islam

photo.php
1119484200.html
1119484200.html

Image : Victims of Terrorism.jpg

Victims of terrorism VS Victims of "War on terrorism"

Thank you for mentioning that it was inappropriate even though you think he deserves it

I dont necessarily think he "deserved" it. I believe he should have been given the right to trial, as I believe the rights we americans are so proud of shouldnt be exclusive to us. If he was found guilty then yes...he would have deserved it.
If I had the chance to talk to a radical group, as an american, I would like to make it clear that all americans dont think alike.
I think we should let the middle easts future be decided by its residents, instead of a country 3000 miles away. I think our government needs a radical change. We have all this freedom and economic prosperity but its dangling on a fine thread.

Barcode

I wish the victims of 9/11 had a chance, before Bin Laden decided to sentence them to death

i agree, but i also am torn about the subject. As americans we forced japan into war with embargoes and economic suppression. Then, after realizing that we would never defeat them without huge numbers of casualties using the modern war tactics of the day, broke out the brand new bomb. something the world had never seen used in war before. We killed 200 thousand civilians instantly. Another 200 thousand died of radiation sickness.

As an American I express grief in the 911 attacks but it isnt like a innocent country was attacked. Why not move forward and forget about who killed who and why?

Barcode

i agree, but i also am torn about the subject. As americans we forced japan into war with embargoes and economic suppression. Then, after realizing that we would never defeat them without huge numbers of casualties using the modern war tactics of the day, broke out the brand new bomb. something the world had never seen used in war before. We killed 200 thousand civilians instantly. Another 200 thousand died of radiation sickness.

As an American I express grief in the 911 attacks but it isnt like a innocent country was attacked. Why not move forward and forget about who killed who and why?

I can't believe you think like that?

I guess I think differently. I dont mean to offend anyone. I dont think its fair americans are hated for being american, even when we dont agree with our governments decisions internationally. Weve enraged a group of people off till they are obviously willing to kill themselves for a cause. We need to start taking some responsibility for what our government has done over there and actually try to make peace, instead of war

DavyCrocket2003

I would like to add my... apologies.

I think that taking someone's life is always a solemn thing. No matter the reason or justification. I am sad that we can't all just get along. People are always so quick to accuse the other side. No one really has the moral high ground. There are people at fault everywhere you look. "He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone..." I don't think any of us have that right in this case...

Can't we all just learn to love and care about each other? Can we stop trying to take advantage and fight and control and manipulate each other? Can all stop loudly proclaiming our religions and start actually living them? "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the sons of God..."

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
And Id also say that when the usa refers to the lives lost in this war, we should metion all the uninvolved muslims that have dies right along with our troops and the people of 911

what about the civilian muslims which ranged from children to the elderly that were bombed by US airstrikes for nothing? a terrorist with more power than his enemy will always make the enemy look like the terrorist.

what about the civilian muslims which ranged from children to the elderly that were bombed by US airstrikes for nothing? a terrorist with more power than his enemy will always make the enemy look like the terrorist.

These are the exact people I would like to extend my sorrow to

Barcode

I would like to extend my condolences to all victims on 9/11 who had no political association

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
I dont necessarily think he "deserved" it. I believe he should have been given the right to trial, as I believe the rights we americans are so proud of shouldnt be exclusive to us. If he was found guilty then yes...he would have deserved it.
If I had the chance to talk to a radical group, as an american, I would like to make it clear that all americans dont think alike.
I think we should let the middle easts future be decided by its residents, instead of a country 3000 miles away. I think our government needs a radical change. We have all this freedom and economic prosperity but its dangling on a fine thread.

Oh he deserved it. You can't kill 4000 innocent civilians and get away with it. I think death was too nice for him. I'd have liked a bit of water torture.

If I had the chance to speak to a radical group i'd emphasise how disgusting they are and how I despise the fact that their organs have not yet been donated to someone who will make some use of them.

You are right in saying that America and the rest of us should leave the middle-east and never return. Our attempts to police this region have brought resentment and rightly so.

Why should it be up to the west to civilise the middle east? Egypt and Saudi Arabia have the potential to do America's job but they won't. They obviously don't care about their muslims in Afghanistan and Iraq and would rather stand back and complain about the job America is doing than get their own hands dirty. Cowards!

noone deserves to die in my opinion. Its not my job to judge anyone for their actions if Me or my family arent affected. I know noone that has perished in this war. I guess thats why I sympathize with the victims of this war that are hated by americans, just for their choice of religion. its becoming the west vs muslims...not terrorists

that being said, if I felt a direct threat to my family I will defend them. Till the death if I have to. Muslim, Christian, or whatever religion, color, sex you are. I cant deny my human instinct to do so.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
noone deserves to die in my opinion. Its not my job to judge anyone for their actions if Me or my family arent affected. I know noone that has perished in this war. I guess thats why I sympathize with the victims of this war that are hated by americans, just for their choice of religion. its becoming the west vs muslims...not terrorists

that being said, if I felt a direct threat to my family I will defend them. Till the death if I have to. Muslim, Christian, or whatever religion, color, sex you are. I cant deny my human instinct to do so.

In nature when something begins to dominate bad things usually happen to it to re-establish the equilibium. The death of a scummer like Bin Laden is a step towards equilibrium.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I say pull out of the Middle East and let them stew in their own juices.

As for bin Laden, I have absolutely no sympathy for him. None whatsoever. I didn't rejoice when I heard of his death though. My thought was simply, "Good riddance."

However, I'm not so naive that I think his death really solves anything. When I think of Al Qaeda, I think of cockroaches - killing one is basically ineffective, regardless of the small sense of very temporary victory.

I feel sympathy for innocent Muslims (and others as well) who live in abject poverty in so many Middle Eastern countries, victims of radical regimes and crooked politicians and potentates.

But I feel no more sympathy for them than I do the victims of terrorist attacks by radical Muslims all over the world - nearly every day. Sorry, but this is a much deeper issue than "US involvement in the Middle East." If it boiled down to simply that, Coptic Egyptians wouldn't be living in fear as we speak.

kai

ragamuffin
So the Great Holy warrior ( to use Hamas,s words) got killed ,well what do you know ! That was the game he was in. Whats the problem?

No sympathy from me, i do however offer sympathy to the many thousands of people Muslims and non Muslims that he and his followers have killed in the world.