• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mike Huckabee & Evolution

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm glad that you admit what it is. Now if you want to accpet it that is fine, I don't. The world and creatures look designed for a purpose and I know the designer personally, so I win.
It seems a pretty small disagreement when put that way.....& we both get to win.

Man of Faith

It seems a pretty small disagreement when put that way.....& we both get to win.

No, you don't win, you have to take what you see, something that looks designed for a purpose and explain why what you see isn't reality. That is like me looking at my car and making up a story about how it came about naturally.

No, you don't win, you have to take what you see, something that looks designed for a purpose and explain why what you see isn't reality. That is like me looking at my car and making up a story about how it came about naturally.

I don't see any design or purpose.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wrongo pongo! Winning is a state of mind, one which we may both choose to adopt.
But enuf mirth...as I see it, the concept of winning is inapplicable. At least we don't lose.

Btw, having worked in the auto industry, I can say conclusively that cars were
created by sentient intelligence....although not always by intelligent design.

Last edited:

Tristesse

Actually, if your car came about naturally it would be a good comparison to life and nature. But it didn't, so, life requires a different explanation then the manufactured one. You're making a category error.

camanintx

It is easy to deny because it isn't true, it is a fabrication from imagination with naturalism as its requisition.
And creationism isn't a fabrication with theism as it prerequesite?

The question you keep avoiding is, which model best explains all of the evidence? Creationism may explain why all living organisms share common characteristics, but it cannot explain why they appear in the fossil record in the order in which we find them. Until creationists can explain why there are no rabbits in the precambrian, it will fail as a scientific theory.

Man of Faith

Actually, if your car came about naturally it would be a good comparison to life and nature. But it didn't, so, life requires a different explanation then the manufactured one. You're making a category error.

If cars were made out of flesh and bone then we could say there is no reason for a creator?

Michael Hawley

That's all assumption and presupposition that evolution is true.

Hi Man of Faith,

This claim is actually testable. Go to Google Scholar and search all of the scholarly literature on biological evolution, speciation, and common ancestry. If your claim is true that evolution is based solely upon assumption and presupposition, then you will find that evolution is baseless in facts. Sadly, you will discover the contrary.

Sincerely,

Michael Hawley
Searching for Truth with a Broken Flashlight

Man of Faith

Hi Man of Faith,

This claim is actually testable. Go to Google Scholar and search all of the scholarly literature on biological evolution, speciation, and common ancestry. If your claim is true that evolution is based solely upon assumption and presupposition, then you will find that evolution is baseless in facts. Sadly, you will discover the contrary.

Sincerely,

Michael Hawley
Searching for Truth with a Broken Flashlight

I've already seen all the evidence and it is all based on the assumption that evolution is true. You are being scammed.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I've already seen all the evidence and it is all based on the assumption that evolution is true. You are being scammed.
If what you say is true, lets take out the assumption.
Now, where does all that evidence point?
Where does DNA and genome sequencing point?
Where does the fossil evidence point?
Where does the geological evidence point?
Where does the anthropological evidence point?
Where do the modern occurrences of changes in allele frequency point?
Where does natural history point?

If you dismiss the evidence simply because it does not conform to your preconceived notion of Creationism, then it is you who are making the false assumptions.
And you are then being dishonest with yourself.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
Galileo Galilei

It is surely harmful to souls to make it a heresy to believe what is proved.
Galileo Galilei

Man of Faith

If what you say is true, lets take out the assumption.
Now, where does all that evidence point?
Where does DNA and genome sequencing point?
Where does the fossil evidence point?
Where does the geological evidence point?
Where does the anthropological evidence point?
Where do the modern occurrences of changes in allele frequency point?
Where does natural history point?

If you dismiss the evidence simply because it does not conform to your preconceived notion of Creationism, then it is you who are making the false assumptions.
And you are then being dishonest with yourself.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
Galileo Galilei

It is surely harmful to souls to make it a heresy to believe what is proved.

Galileo Galilei

Where does DNA and genome sequencing point? DNA points to ID because that is a code that is read and interpreted by organisms to tell it how to form.
Where does the fossil evidence point? We see in the fossil record that animals haven't evolved from their originial forms, called living fossils.
Where does the geological evidence point? To a global flood.
Where does the anthropological evidence point? We see that only humans come from humans and have never seen anything different. We see that any verifiable humans traces that we have we always find evidence of intelligence and not tree dwellers.
Where do the modern occurrences of changes in allele frequency point? micro-evolution
Where does natural history point? To animals reproducing after their own kind.

Last edited:

camanintx

Did it take a creator to produce a car with all its working parts interacting together for one purpose?
Since cars are not capable of reproducing by themselves, a separate creator is required to explain their existence. LIfe is not bound by such a restriction.

camanintx

Where does DNA and genome sequencing point? DNA points to ID because that is a code that is read and interpreted by organisms to tell it how to form.
Try not to confuse metaphor with reality.

Where does the fossil evidence point? We see in the fossil record that animals haven't evolved from their originial forms, called living fossils.
Rabbits in the pre-cambrian?

Where does the geological evidence point? To a global flood.
Tell that to the Egyptians.

Where does the anthropological evidence point? We see that only humans come from humans and have never seen anything different. We see that any verifiable humans traces that we have we always find evidence of intelligence and not tree dwellers.
Who says humans ever lived in trees?

Where do the modern occurrences of changes in allele frequency point? micro-evolution
Explain what prevents micro-evolution from becoming macro-evoluation.

Where does natural history point? To animals reproducing after their own kind.
Define kind.