• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Misogynistic and Selfish, Edinburgh's Rape Crisis Centre's CEO is a trans-woman, i.e. a man !

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
You're just repeating your mantra at me again, while ignoring the content of my post. without responding to the content of my post.

Earlier you said:

Having been involved in the field of psychology for a few years now, I know that mental health professionals care very much for patients (a lot more than you seem to think they do) and work hard to put together comprehensive diagnostic and treatment plans based on the best available evidence, based on each individual's needs, and continue to work on them and tweak them over time after rigorous analysis and re-analysis of the outcomes.

You seem to be suggesting that mental health professionals aren't taking such things into consideration, have no idea what they're doing, don't actually care about their patients' physical and mental health, and are just willy-nilly prescribing "dangerous drugs" and performing "radical surgeries on healthy tissue" all over the place because .... trans activists.

As far as I can tell, you have no credentials in the field of psychology or psychiatry. And yet, you seem to think you know what's better for peoples' mental health than the people who spend their entire lives studying it and caring deeply about it. I have no idea why, other than .... trans activists (your fallback).

The answer to your question is no. Anybody pushing for gender affirming care for the people who can benefit from it, is not homophobic.

Am I correct in thinking that this is what you want me to respond to?