• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mithras the true Savior

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:
The Sun halo is ....
You asserted that a Google for Mithras would show images of him with a halo. This does not appear to be true. I queried this, and you've ignored that, and just made further claims. :rolleyes:

Oh baloney again.

I explained that it came from the sun halo.

helios (sun.)

Latin halos - circle of light around the sun.

It was around the heads of Sun Gods and Sun Emperors, and was added to Jesus around the 4th century.

Even the cross that we sometimes see within the halo, was originally a sun sign.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Yoda said:
Mithras offered and had all of the concepts...
Sunstone said:
Would you list those concepts, please?
I don't know about "all of the concepts," but if you have been following our debate, then you can see that the church fathers called him a counterfeit, meaning a false copy, in anticipation of Jesus, and point out lamb and blood, and being called Christos.

Thought I should add this that I found on Baptism from Tertullian.

“Well, but the nations, who are strangers to all understanding of spiritual powers, ascribe to their idols the imbuing of waters with the self-same efficacy.” (So they do) but they cheat themselves with waters which are widowed.8569 For washing is the channel through which they are initiated into some sacred rites—of some notorious Isis or Mithras. The gods themselves likewise they honour by washings. Moreover, by carrying water around, and sprinkling it, they everywhere expiate8570 country-seats, houses, temples, and whole cities: at all events, at the Apollinarian and Eleusinian games they are baptized; and they presume that the effect of their doing that is their regeneration and the remission of the penalties due to their perjuries. Tertullian http://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf03.vi.iii.v.html

Geden's translation of the BOLD portion is below -

(Geden) - For nations destitute of all understanding of spiritual powers attribute the same efficacy to their idols; but they cheat themselves with springs that yield no living water. For in certain rites also of an Isis or Mithra initiation is by means of baptismal water.

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
i am here to enquire about the probability that jesus is just simply stolen from the pagan concept of mithras. Personally, after research all one has to do is see that christainity came from the pagan mithras.

Mithras offered and had all of the concepts before christianity came about. So was christianity simple stolen?

Lucifer. Mithras was a God of Light and Truth. Christianity came from inherent Satanism. :bat: