• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mitt Romney for president, 2020.

ecco

Veteran Member
And that would be rape, according to the dictionary. Just as the 'casting couch' is....as the "METOO' people charged everybody who put THEM in that position.
Do I? I don't remember anybody bringing up Harvey Weinsten here. You have no idea what I accept in that matter.

You try to be more slippery than an eel.

Whose casting couch were you referring to?

What you accept in the matter: "...that would be rape, according to the dictionary. Just as the 'casting couch' is....as the "METOO' "

You don't remember? Really? I do. And where I don't, I look back over your previous posts. That's something you should do before making false statements.

ecco

Veteran Member
You ignore that Trump had Flynn lie to Pence about his (Flynn's) meetings with the Russians.
Do I? Odd. I don't remember a single mention of the above anywhere in a thread I'm participating in. Where is it so that you can show me where I ignored anything?

It doesn't matter if you previously didn't mention it. You failed to mention many of Trump's wrongdoings. So, I'm pointing out some. But whether you mentioned it or not, it's been right there out in the open, but you don't care.

dianaiad

You try to be more slippery than an eel.

Whose casting couch were you referring to?

Boy, you DO practice eisegesis. the "casting couch' is/was a long standing practice in Hollywood, I wasn't referring to any specific producer or director. I was referring to the practice itself. Believe it or not, Weinstien was not the only person to employ it. In fact, that practice has been around a lot longer than Weinstein has. Sheesh.

What you accept in the matter: "...that would be rape, according to the dictionary. Just as the 'casting couch' is....as the "METOO' "

You don't remember? Really? I do. And where I don't, I look back over your previous posts. That's something you should do before making false statements.

OK, I don't see Weinstein in there anywhere.

dianaiad

It doesn't matter if you previously didn't mention it. You failed to mention many of Trump's wrongdoings. So, I'm pointing out some. But whether you mentioned it or not, it's been right there out in the open, but you don't care.

Is it possible for you to engage in a conversation without personal insult?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I implied nothing.

I straight out stated that he was impeached for lying to congress. About the rape. Which I called rape because had it been between anybody else with that level of power over anybody else with that lack of power, it would have been CALLED rape.

In my opinion, it was as much a rape as if he had said 'you have sex with me or I will fire you and see to it that you never get a job doing anything but flipping burgers in Keenawacket Iowa. (Wait, IS there a Keenawacket in Iowa? If so, I humbly apologize...)

And that would be rape, according to the dictionary. Just as the 'casting couch' is....as the "METOO' people charged everybody who put THEM in that position.

As to murder, I never claimed that he committed murder. In fact, I straight out said that I didn't believe that he did, but he WAS accused of it.

................and if you use the same standards to judge Clinton as you do Trump, the accusation is sufficient to convict.
No, even though I really did not like Bill Clinton what he did was not "rape" in this case. Power is its own aphrodisiac. And Bill Clinton was considered to be good looking and sexy to boot. He does not compare well to Weinstein. I had a female employee at the time that voted for him just because she was so attracted to him. Yes, Bill was a horn dog, and he got away with it largely because he had plenty of willing volunteers. Lewinski may have been unwise in her affections but they were in no way coerced.