• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Modern Skeptic's Bible (MSB) - Genesis Chapter 1

I Am Hugh

Researcher
Aha. You've shifted the goal-posts. I notice the qualifier. Please correct me? You have now limited your dataset to the ones who translated the LXX?
No, it is only of interest whether or not the LXX is a acceptable translation. I assume they thought it was. It's really only an aside. Hebrew into Greek. It wouldn't be of the same interest to me as it might (or might not be) to you. We don't have to go there if you would rather not. I was just curious.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
For starters, could you please define soul?

Nope. Your claim, your burden. YOU need to know what a soul is in order to argue against it. If you don;t know what a soul is then, the ONLY rational conclusion is "I don't know, and, I can't know."

I'll return tomorrow to continue. I answered all your questions except this one. Hopefully I will return tomorrow and you will have answered my one question.

What sort of scriptural evidence would open the door to the possibility that the Jews who wrote the Hebrew scriptures believed in a soul? IOW, what sort of counter-example would you accept?

I Am Hugh

Researcher
Nope. Your claim, your burden. YOU need to know what a soul is in order to argue against it. If you don;t know what a soul is then, the ONLY rational conclusion is "I don't know, and, I can't know."

I'll return tomorrow to continue. I answered all your questions except this one. Hopefully I will return tomorrow and you will have answered my one question.

I thought that my thread on the pagan/Christian immortal soul was what introduced us to the subject in the first place, but after doing a search I see that apparently, I haven't posted that thread here.

The Immortal Soul
From a strictly Biblical perspective the term soul is a somewhat problematic translation due to the origin of the English word soul itself. It is derived from the Old English words sawol and sawel as found in the 8th century poem Beowulf and Vespasian Psalter. From the Germanic sailian and Old English selian meaning to bind, which was the ritualistic practice of binding a corpse of the dead in the grave in order to prevent a return as a ghost, and this brings us to the difficulty. The Bible teaches that once you die you are simply dead until a possible resurrection from the grave. The combination of the pagan superstitious and the more practical Biblical understanding of death would naturally mix, obscuring the real meaning of the Bible.

As the Encyclopaedia Judaica states: "Only in the post-biblical period, did a clear and firm belief in the immortality of the soul take hold . . . and become one of the cornerstones of the Jewish and Christian faiths."

In 322 B.C.E. Alexander the Great's conquest of the Middle East brought him eventually to Jerusalem, where he was welcomed by the Jews. Greek culture and philosophy began then to influence Jewish thinking, including the idea of the immortal soul. Philo of Alexandria, for example, was a Jewish philosopher of the first century C.E. and a great admirer of Plato, who's Dialogues explained the soul as "immortal and imperishable, and our souls will truly exist in another world!" Greek philosophy having influenced Jewish thinking would, of course, naturally do the same with Christian thinking, but the writers of the Bible had an entirely different perspective on the soul.

The difficulty of translation in a Biblical sense probably first occurred to Ulfilas, Christian missionary and Bible translator to the Goths of the 4th century. This was a period of time when pagan influence began to heavily infiltrate Christian thinking. Ulfilas translated the Bible from the Greek into Goth, even devising the Gothic alphabet. He would have translated the Greek psyche into the Gothic saiwala. It was, not unlike the difficulties later raised in the translation into English, a difficult task since the word that comes closest has a similar meaning of being animated, but also has the superstitious attachment.

The Greek Psykhe
The Greek psykhe, according to Greek English lexicons, means "life, the conscious self or personality as the center of emotions, desires and affections. A living being." Even Greek philosophers were not entirely consistent in their application of psykhe, to Plato it had three parts, the intelligible being immortal and the other two being mortal. One divine, one immortal and one mortal. Psykhe was also applied to the butterfly or moth, due to it's metamorphosis, thought to be similar to the immortal soul rising from the dead.

The Greek psykhe can also be used as a personal pronoun, for example at John 10:24 / 2 Corinthians 12:15 / Hebrews 10:38. Matthew 10:28; 26:38 are examples of the mortality of the Greek psykhe.

The Hebrew Nephesh
The Hebrew nephesh comes from a root word meaning to "breath." In the literal sense a soul is "a breather." Any living creature that breathes air is a soul. Since the blood caries the air we breath throughout the body the soul is, in effect, the blood of any breathing creature. Genesis 9:4 confirms this by the dietary restriction against eating blood. So it was that when preparing meat for food the blood had to be poured onto the ground rather than eaten, out of respect for the creator's gift of life. (Leviticus 17:3 / Acts 15:20)

Notice that by comparing various translations the Hebrew Nephesh is sometimes translated as life, as well as soul.

When the Jewish Publication Society of America produced their translation of the Torah, H.M. Orlinsky, then editor in chief of the Hebrew Union College pointed out that the word soul had been eliminated: "Other translators have interpreted it to mean 'soul,' which is completely inaccurate. The Bible does not say we have a soul. 'Nefesh' is the person himself, his need for food, the very blood in his veins, his being." - The New York Times, October 12, 1962.

The Soul Is Mortal
Jehovah God created life (Psalm 36:9) so the soul, being the blood, belonged to him. (Ezekiel 18:4) He gave man the permission to take the life of animals to eat after the flood, but only if they poured the blood of the animal out on the ground as an indication that life, the soul or blood was His and sacred. (Genesis 9:1-6)

When Abel was murdered God told Cain his brother's blood cried out, meaning that something sacred, Abel's soul, his blood was wrongfully taken and that demanded retribution. (Genesis 4:10)The blood of a murdered person defiles the earth . (Numbers 35:33 / Genesis 9:5-6) A residential area where a murdered person was found, and it was not known who killed the person in order to pay soul for soul, or blood for blood, was defiled until a blood sacrifice was made. (Deuteronomy 21:1-9) Sacrifice for the atonement of sins was the only acceptable use for blood with God, thus for the death to mankind Adam's sin brought only the blood of Christ could atone. (Leviticus 17:10-11 / Hebrews 12:24)

The term dead soul is used in the Bible simply meaning a dead person. No longer breathing, no blood pumping through the body, no longer animated. (Leviticus 19:28; 21:1, 11; 22:4 / Numbers 5:2; 6:6 / Haggai 2:13)

References
"There is no dichotomy of body and soul in the O T. The Israelite saw things concretely, in their totality, and thus he considered men as persons and not as composites. The term nepes [nephesh], though translated by our word soul, never means soul as distinct from the body or the individual person . . . . The term psykhe is the N T word corresponding with nepes. It can mean the principle of life, life itself, or the living being." - New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967), Vol. XIII, pp. 449, 450.

"Immortality of the soul is a Greek notion formed in ancient mystery cults and elaborated by the philosopher Plato." - Presbyterian Life, May 1, 1970, p. 35

Plato, quoting Socrates said: "The soul, . . . if it departs pure, dragging with it nothing of the body, . . . goes away into that which is like itself, into the invisible, divine, immortal, and wise, and when it arrives there it is happy, freed from error and folly and fear . . . and all the other human ills, and . . . lives in truth through all after time with the gods." - Phaedo, 80, D, E; 81, A.

"The Hebrew term for 'soul' (nefesh) was used by Moses . . . . signifying an 'animated being' and applicable equally to nonhuman beings. . . . New Testament usage of psyche ('soul') was comparable to nefesh." - The New Encyclopædia Britannica (1976), Macropædia, Vol. 15, p. 152.

"The belief that the soul continues its existence after the dissolution of the body is a matter of philosophical or theological speculation rather than of simple faith, and is accordingly nowhere expressly taught in Holy Scripture." - The Jewish Encyclopedia (1910), Vol. VI, p. 564.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

It is OK to have a Skeptic's Bible, after all the scribes/narrators of OT/Torah/Tanakh were also most likely atheists and they ascribed it to Moses and or One G-d, please, right?:

2:80
"Woe, therefore, to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: ‘This is from Allah,’ that they may take for it a paltry price. Woe, then, to them for what their hands have written, and woe to them for what they earn."
Right?

Regards
فَوَیۡلٌ لِّلَّذِیۡنَ یَکۡتُبُوۡنَ الۡکِتٰبَ بِاَیۡدِیۡہِمۡ ٭ ثُمَّ یَقُوۡلُوۡنَ ہٰذَا مِنۡ عِنۡدِ اللّٰہِ لِیَشۡتَرُوۡا بِہٖ ثَمَنًا قَلِیۡلًا ؕ فَوَیۡلٌ لَّہُمۡ مِّمَّا کَتَبَتۡ اَیۡدِیۡہِمۡ وَوَیۡلٌ لَّہُمۡ مِّمَّا یَکۡسِبُوۡنَ ﴿۸۰

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I thought that my thread on the pagan/Christian immortal soul was what introduced us to the subject in the first place, but after doing a search I see that apparently, I haven't posted that thread here.

OK. Please confirm? What I am about to read is the definition of "the pagan/Christian immortal soul"?

The Immortal Soul
From a strictly Biblical perspective the term soul is a somewhat problematic translation due to the origin of the English word soul itself. It is derived from the Old English words sawol and sawel as found in the 8th century poem Beowulf and Vespasian Psalter. From the Germanic sailian and Old English selian meaning to bind, which was the ritualistic practice of binding a corpse of the dead in the grave in order to prevent a return as a ghost, and this brings us to the difficulty. The Bible teaches that once you die you are simply dead until a possible resurrection from the grave. The combination of the pagan superstitious and the more practical Biblical understanding of death would naturally mix, obscuring the real meaning of the Bible.

Please confirm? This paragraph is encouraging an agnostic posture in the reader? "It's vague. You, reader, cannot know what a soul is."

As the Encyclopaedia Judaica states: "Only in the post-biblical period, did a clear and firm belief in the immortality of the soul take hold . . . and become one of the cornerstones of the Jewish and Christian faiths."

Please confirm? This citation is intended to support the previous paragraph? "It's unclear. It's vague. You, reader, cannot know what a soul is?"

Please confirm? Did you neglect the conjunction? "clear-AND-firm"

In 322 B.C.E. Alexander the Great's conquest of the Middle East brought him eventually to Jerusalem, where he was welcomed by the Jews. Greek culture and philosophy began then to influence Jewish thinking, including the idea of the immortal soul. Philo of Alexandria, for example, was a Jewish philosopher of the first century C.E. and a great admirer of Plato, who's Dialogues explained the soul as "immortal and imperishable, and our souls will truly exist in another world!" Greek philosophy having influenced Jewish thinking would, of course, naturally do the same with Christian thinking, but the writers of the Bible had an entirely different perspective on the soul.

Please confirm? This paragraph is intending to introduce the opportunity for borrowing the, thus far, undefinable, vague, soul-concept?

Excluding the cases of criminal insanity, If there is a crime, the prosecutor also needs both: Motive-and-Opportunity. In 322BCE, what is the Jewish motive for borrowing this vague soul concept? What's written in the Torah about this sort of borrowing?

Does this theory make sense without a motive?

The difficulty of translation in a Biblical sense probably first occurred to Ulfilas, Christian missionary and Bible translator to the Goths of the 4th century. This was a period of time when pagan influence began to heavily infiltrate Christian thinking. Ulfilas translated the Bible from the Greek into Goth, even devising the Gothic alphabet. He would have translated the Greek psyche into the Gothic saiwala. It was, not unlike the difficulties later raised in the translation into English, a difficult task since the word that comes closest has a similar meaning of being animated, but also has the superstitious attachment.

Please confirm? This is reaffirmation? "Soul? It's too vague. You, reader, cannot know what a soul is." <---- agnosticism.

The Greek Psykhe
The Greek psykhe, according to Greek English lexicons, means "life, the conscious self or personality as the center of emotions, desires and affections. A living being." Even Greek philosophers were not entirely consistent in their application of psykhe, to Plato it had three parts, the intelligible being immortal and the other two being mortal. One divine, one immortal and one mortal. Psykhe was also applied to the butterfly or moth, due to it's metamorphosis, thought to be similar to the immortal soul rising from the dead.

Please confirm? This is another example of the soul as a vague concept? "You, reader, cannot know what a soul is." <---- agnosticism.

The Greek psykhe can also be used as a personal pronoun, for example at John 10:24 / 2 Corinthians 12:15 / Hebrews 10:38. Matthew 10:28; 26:38 are examples of the mortality of the Greek psykhe.

Please confirm? This is another example of the soul as a vague concept? "You, reader, cannot know what a soul is." <---- agnosticism.

The Greek Psykhe

^^ INCOMPLETE ^^

You left out pneuma. This is the word most often translated from the Hebrew word and derivatives of ruach.

1722531989951.png

The Hebrew nephesh comes from a root word meaning to "breath." In the literal sense a soul is "a breather." Any living creature that breathes air is a soul. Since the blood caries the air we breath throughout the body the soul is, in effect, the blood of any breathing creature. Genesis 9:4 confirms this by the dietary restriction against eating blood. So it was that when preparing meat for food the blood had to be poured onto the ground rather than eaten, out of respect for the creator's gift of life. (Leviticus 17:3 / Acts 15:20)

No. That's ruach. Nephesh is the impulse which is pumping the blood though the veins. Lev 17:11.
For the soul ( nephesh ) of the flesh is in the blood, and I have therefore given it to you [to be placed] upon the altar, to atone for your souls (nephesh-plural) . For it is the blood that atones for the soul ( nephesh ).​

Lev 17:3 needs to be quoted. What I'm seeing has nothing to do with this topic. Maybe it's a typo, or maybe it's due to the fact the Hebrew Torah is not numbered identically to the Christian translations. I've asked you in the past to put links to your bible citations. Not doing so is deceptive. What are you hiding? You've got multi-paragraphs but the scripture is not listed. It takes a few moments, copy-paste, or a link. Why don't you do that? Below is Lev 17:3 as it exists in the Hebrew Torah. You really should be putting links in your posts. Not doing so, technically, is against the rules of the forum.

Leviticus 17:3

"Any man of the House of Israel, who slaughters an ox, a lamb, or a goat inside the camp, or who slaughters outside the camp"

What does this have to do with the soul?

Notice that by comparing various translations the Hebrew Nephesh is sometimes translated as life, as well as soul.

Please confirm? This is another example of the soul as a vague concept? Sometimes it's this, sometimes it's that.

"You, reader, cannot know what a soul is." <---- agnosticism.

When the Jewish Publication Society of America produced their translation of the Torah, H.M. Orlinsky, then editor in chief of the Hebrew Union College pointed out that the word soul had been eliminated: "Other translators have interpreted it to mean 'soul,' which is completely inaccurate. The Bible does not say we have a soul. 'Nefesh' is the person himself, his need for food, the very blood in his veins, his being." - The New York Times, October 12, 1962.

JPS is Reform Judaism. HUC is the primary, largest, seminary of Reform Judaism in the world, if I am not mistaken. It is located in my home-town, Cincinnati Ohio. I come from a large Jewish family with several reform Rabbis in my family tree. Particularly the first Reform Jewish Rabbi of the first Reform synagogue and congregation in Tuscon Arizona.

Sir, you are citing sources from Jewish Atheists. They are not practicing Judaism.

Please confirm? You are assuming that JPS and HUC are representative of "Traditional Jewish Thought"?

The Hebrew Nephesh

^^ INCOMPLETE ^^

You left out ruach, neshama, chaya, and yechida.

Jehovah God created life (Psalm 36:9) so the soul, being the blood, belonged to him. (Ezekiel 18:4) He gave man the permission to take the life of animals to eat after the flood, but only if they poured the blood of the animal out on the ground as an indication that life, the soul or blood was His and sacred. (Genesis 9:1-6)

^^ INCOMPLETE ^^

The scripture, which you refuse to quote, is using the word. "nefesh". You left out ruach, neshama, chaya, and yechida.

You left out the scripture, that's incomplete. You left out the other words for soul, that's incomplete.

Psalm 36:9

BTW: Psalm 36:9 in the Hebrew Torah has nothing to do with this topic. The word soul does not even exist there in the entire psalm. You're probably using the chapter/verse numbers from the Christian translation.

"They will be sated from the fat of Your house, and with the stream of Your delights You give them to drink."​
I found this on the JW website. LINK Is this what you mean? That's verse 10 in the Hebrew Torah.

1722533269342.png

Genesis 9:1-6

^^ INCOMPLETE ^^

The scripture, which you refuse to quote, is using the word. "nefesh". You left out ruach, neshama, chaya, and yechida.

You left out the scripture, that's incomplete. You left out the other words for soul, that's incomplete.

Gen 9:5​

But your blood, of your souls ( nephes-plural-possessive ), I will demand [an account]; from the hand of every beast I will demand it, and from the hand of man, from the hand of each man, his brother, I will demand the soul (אֶת־נֶ֥פֶשׁ es-nephesh) of man.​
Don't forget about the אֶת. What does it mean? Does it exclude anything? Any... "thing". ;)

When Abel was murdered God told Cain his brother's blood cried out, meaning that something sacred, Abel's soul, his blood was wrongfully taken and that demanded retribution. (Genesis 4:10)The blood of a murdered person defiles the earth . (Numbers 35:33 / Genesis 9:5-6) A residential area where a murdered person was found, and it was not known who killed the person in order to pay soul for soul, or blood for blood, was defiled until a blood sacrifice was made. (Deuteronomy 21:1-9) Sacrifice for the atonement of sins was the only acceptable use for blood with God, thus for the death to mankind Adam's sin brought only the blood of Christ could atone. (Leviticus 17:10-11 / Hebrews 12:24)

Please confirm? This paragraph is intended to show that the blood is not immortal? What does that say about the blood of Christ?

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
The Hebrew nephesh comes from a root word meaning to "breath."

Why are all your citations regarding blood? Blood in many ways is the opposite of breath. Notice my prior correction?

"No. That's ruach. Nephesh is the impulse which is pumping the blood though the veins. Lev 17:11."

You're talking about blood. Christian preachers online are often obsessed with blood as if it's magical.

blood was His and sacred

See? Your position is hyper focused on magical blood.

only the blood of Christ could atone

^^ INCOMPLETE ^^

Psalm 51

Leviticus 17:10-11

You didn't quote the verses. That's probably because they don't support you.

Here they are in a spoiler. Since you refused to quote the verses, your citation is a fail.

8 And you should say to them: Any man of the House of Israel or of the strangers who will sojourn among them, who offers up a burnt offering or [any other] sacrifice,

9 but does not bring it to the entrance of the Tent of Meeting to make it [a sacrifice] to the Lord, that man shall be cut off from his people.

10 And any man of the House of Israel or of the strangers that sojourn among them, who eats any blood, I will set My attention upon the soul who eats the blood, and I will cut him off from among his people.

11 For the soul of the flesh is in the blood, and I have therefore given it to you [to be placed] upon the altar, to atone for your souls. For it is the blood that atones for the soul.

12 Therefore, I said to the children of Israel: None of you shall eat blood, and the stranger who sojourns among you shall not eat blood.

13 And any man of the children of Israel or of the strangers who sojourn among them, who traps a quarry of a wild animal or bird that may be eaten, and sheds its blood, he shall cover it [the blood] with dust.

14 For [regarding] the soul of all flesh its blood is in its soul, and I said to the children of Israel: You shall not eat the blood of any flesh, for the soul of any flesh is its blood all who eat it shall be cut off.

The term dead soul is used in the Bible simply meaning a dead person. No longer breathing, no blood pumping through the body, no longer animated. (Leviticus 19:28; 21:1, 11; 22:4 / Numbers 5:2; 6:6 / Haggai 2:13)

^^ INCOMPLETE ^^

Lev 19:28 - נֶ֗פֶשׁ NEPHESH <--- INCOMPLETE
Lev 21:01 - נֶ֥פֶשׁ NEPHESH <--- INCOMPLETE
Lev 22:04 - נֶ֔פֶשׁ NEPHESH <--- INCOMPLETE

Num 05:02 - נֶ֔פֶשׁ NEPHESH <--- INCOMPLETE
Num 06:06 - נֶ֔פֶשׁ NEPHESH <--- INCOMPLETE

Hag 02:13 - נֶ֔פֶשׁ NEPHESH <--- INCOMPLETE

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@I Am Hugh

1. Your entire argument so far is INCOMPLETE.
  2. I was correct you are focused entirely on Nephesh and ignoring all the others.
  3. You're wrong about the meaning of the word nephesh.
  4. You're wrong about the blood being "His" and "Sacred" It gets poured on the ground and covered with dust.
  5. You've assumed that JPS and HUC represent religious God fearing Jews. These are people who are erasing the Torah and replacing it with something else.
  6. You're still not your citing sources. You won't show us the translation you're using. But you'll type many paragraphs instead creating an illusion of scholarship.
  7. And most important:
The first half or more of your mini-essay is persuading the reader that the word soul is too vague for definition.

You still haven't defined soul, but you're arguing against it. That is not rational or logical.

I Am Hugh

Researcher
@I Am Hugh

Your entire argument so far is INCOMPLETE.

You think it is incomplete because it doesn't align with your traditional beliefs.

I was correct you are focused entirely on Nephesh and ignoring all the others.

I've asked you to give the other possible words in context with references and I think you gave 1 reference, but we may get to that later. Once again, you've bombarded me with tradition, I've no interest in and virtually no knowledge of. My interest is the Bible, not tradition. I've stated my case and you've stated yours. I think it important to consider differing perspectives, but arguing endlessly over them to win a contest, to me is pointless and silly.

You're wrong about the meaning of the word nephesh.

How? Give me two scriptures which clearly state the nephesh is immortal. That's all I need.

You're wrong about the blood being "His" and "Sacred" It gets poured on the ground and covered with dust.

Ezekiel 18:4; Leviticus 17:11 (Hebrew lexicon)

1. You've assumed that JPS and HUC represent religious God fearing Jews. These are people who are erasing the Torah and replacing it with something else.

They are people who aren't in line with your traditional beliefs.

You're still not your citing sources. You won't show us the translation you're using. But you'll type many paragraphs instead creating an illusion of scholarship.

Most of the time I give scriptural references. Sometimes linking to that at Bible Hub so you also get commentary, lexicon, translational comparison, etc. It doesn't matter which translation. Any English translation of the Bible.

The first half or more of your mini-essay is persuading the reader that the word soul is too vague for definition.

You still haven't defined soul, but you're arguing against it. That is not rational or logical.

It's certainly possible that I missed some of your barrage, but I don't recall you giving any detailed definition of the soul according to your traditional beliefs. You tend to skirt the obligation of defense for offense and you rarely give scriptural support for any of it. The soul is the life of any breathing creature, as any of the scholarly quotes I gave detail. The soul is a pagan word not suitable to translate any Hebrew/Aramaic or Greek word in the Bible. The pagan meaning of a soul being an immaterial part of us that inhabits our body temporarily and travels on after death is a Socratic rather than Biblical teaching.

I Am Hugh

Researcher
Why are all your citations regarding blood? Blood in many ways is the opposite of breath.

Because the blood is the nephesh. Deuteronomy 12:23

Notice my prior correction?

Not yet.

"No. That's ruach. Nephesh is the impulse which is pumping the blood though the veins. Lev 17:11."

Ruach is translated spirit, nephesh is mistranslated soul. Ruach is an invisible active force, like breath; Habakkuk 2:19, wind; Exodus 10:13, holy spirit; Genesis 1:2, spirit creatures; 1 Kings 22:21,

You're talking about blood. Christian preachers online are often obsessed with blood as if it's magical.

The nephesh is in the blood, Leviticus 17:11, 14. Soul for soul, life for life, tooth for tooth, blood for blood. Blood was important to the Bible writers because Satan caused the death of his offspring through the sin of Adam. Adam, prior to that was "perfect." For justice the blood of another man, without sin, perfect, needed to be paid. I explain all of this in my thread What is the Meaning of the Bible.

Like I asked, define those words according to your tradition with scriptural references so I can compare them. I want your best examples of how in scripture you think they represent what you say they do.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

The Skeptic to make it most beneficial give the translation on one page and on the opposite page give the "original" it is being translated from, right, please?

It is OK to have a Skeptic's Bible, after all the scribes/narrators of OT/Torah/Tanakh, I figure, were also most likely atheists and they ascribed it to Moses and or One G-d, please, right?:

"Woe, therefore, to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: ‘This is from Allah,’ that they may take for it a paltry price. Woe, then, to them for what their hands have written, and woe to them for what they earn."
www.alislam.org
Right?

Regards
فَوَیۡلٌ لِّلَّذِیۡنَ یَکۡتُبُوۡنَ الۡکِتٰبَ بِاَیۡدِیۡہِمۡ ٭ ثُمَّ یَقُوۡلُوۡنَ ہٰذَا مِنۡ عِنۡدِ اللّٰہِ لِیَشۡتَرُوۡا بِہٖ ثَمَنًا قَلِیۡلًا ؕ فَوَیۡلٌ لَّہُمۡ مِّمَّا کَتَبَتۡ اَیۡدِیۡہِمۡ وَوَیۡلٌ لَّہُمۡ مِّمَّا یَکۡسِبُوۡنَ ﴿۸۰