• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moon landing hoax

Was the moon landing a hoax?

• Total voters

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
Look, I'm curious as to what you know about it, you can PM if you want. I'm not going to ridicule you, I'm just seriously curious what you know. I don't doubt the possibility, governments are not truth tellers, I realize this. I just want to see the information so I can judge for myself.

I've opened a can of worms, sorry. I was being sarcastic. I should expect and welcome the ridicule for my ridiculous statement. I just saw the chance to make a blind faith based type statement to see what it feels like. Kinda like posting a picture of a tree that looks like a praying man and claiming it's a sign from god. I don't like it, and now I'm back to making rational statements based on evidence and rational thoughts. This seemed to be the best place to make my stupid claim. I will now go and vote in the poll... of course the moon landing was real.

Last edited:

dust1n

Zindīq
I've opened a can of worms, sorry. I was being sarcastic. I should expect and welcome the ridicule for my ridiculous statement. I just saw the chance to make a blind faith based type statement to see what it feels like. Kinda like posting a picture of a tree that looks like a praying man and claiming it's a sign from god. I don't like it, and now I'm back to making rational statements based on evidence and rational thoughts. This seemed to be the best place to make my stupid claim. I will now go an vote on the poll... of course the moon landing was real.

Haha, damn. I thought I was about to learn something phenomenal. Oh well! I hope you enjoyed your social experiment. ;)

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
Haha, damn. I thought I was about to learn something phenomenal. Oh well! I hope you enjoyed your social experiment. ;)

Actually, my brother-in-law went through a phase (or perhaps is still in it) where he was convinced it was a fake. Not surprising though... he's Australian. ;)

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
I've opened a can of worms, sorry. I was being sarcastic. I should expect and welcome the ridicule for my ridiculous statement. I just saw the chance to make a blind faith based type statement to see what it feels like. Kinda like posting a picture of a tree that looks like a praying man and claiming it's a sign from god. I don't like it, and now I'm back to making rational statements based on evidence and rational thoughts. This seemed to be the best place to make my stupid claim. I will now go and vote in the poll... of course the moon landing was real.
If it helps, the sarcasm was obvious to me, and i've been laughing at the people who were trying to call you out. :p

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I knew a guy who was working on a "moon landing hoax" video... I think with the dude that got punched by Buzz... He was convinced that the government was spying on him because they uncovered this grand conspiracy.

He also thought he could start fires with his amazing mind powers so.... :facepalm:

wa:do

Greg Round

So many people use smart alec tactics to reply to moon hoax theorist because they don't have the knowledge to make an educated reply. All the knowledge required can be found at apollomoonhoax.com this site has absolute proof! What we all have to do is put ourselves into the frame of the 1960s space race. The world was so much different then. We thought differently, we reacted differently than we do now. Heros could be made from thought experiments. There were no journos on the moon waiting for the apollo crews to land. We only had
footpasd.JPG

NASA. The soviets were under their own cloud with Gagarin's flight. The free world wanted a success story and NASA gave it to us. That does not mean it was true. Personally I believe NASA sent spacecraft to the moon but no humans.

footpasd.JPG

This image is solid proof on its own. This is a photograph of one of the landing pads on apollo 11. Note there is no dust. Not even the tiniest grain. Yet the landing pads were under the landing rocket and the moon's surface is layered by powdery, grainy regolith dust.

Check it all out on the above site. I am not trying to sprook the site just to get people to see the truth.

Jedster

I think this is the radio broadcast which convinced him...

(The only thing I can see it as useful for is putting you to sleep.)
I wanted to watch this but got this message

"Lunar Hoax (1/16) on Co..." The YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So many people use smart alec tactics to reply to moon hoax theorist because they don't have the knowledge to make an educated reply.
I agree with this much.
Anyone who didn't work extensively in aerospace
shouldn't be supporting the hoax theories.
It's just entirely outside of their real world experience.

Skwim

Veteran Member
So many people use smart alec tactics to reply to moon hoax theorist because they don't have the knowledge to make an educated reply. All the knowledge required can be found at apollomoonhoax.com this site has absolute proof! What we all have to do is put ourselves into the frame of the 1960s space race. The world was so much different then. We thought differently, we reacted differently than we do now. Heros could be made from thought experiments. There were no journos on the moon waiting for the apollo crews to land. We only had View attachment 19697

NASA. The soviets were under their own cloud with Gagarin's flight. The free world wanted a success story and NASA gave it to us. That does not mean it was true. Personally I believe NASA sent spacecraft to the moon but no humans.

View attachment 19697
This image is solid proof on its own. This is a photograph of one of the landing pads on apollo 11. Note there is no dust. Not even the tiniest grain. Yet the landing pads were under the landing rocket and the moon's surface is layered by powdery, grainy regolith dust.

Check it all out on the above site. I am not trying to sprook the site just to get people to see the truth.
"A rocket or jet powered vehicle descending in a dusty landscape on Earth will blow up billowing clouds of dust particles which slowly descend, buoyed up by air resistance. This is demonstrated spectacularly by this video of Blue Origin’s New Shepard booster returning to Earth.

However unlike Earth, the Moon has no atmosphere, and that means dust behaves differently. Dust particles are blown up by rocket thrust on the Moon, but fall straight to the ground again. This means that the descending LM was not surrounded by a billowing dust cloud. Also the Descent Engine was throttled back in the final stages of landing and in fact was shut down 5ft above the surface. The chances of dust gathering on the pads was very low as the dust than can be seen being blasted away in films of the landing is blowing underneath, rather than over, the footpads. The claim that the lunar surface under Apollo 11 Descent Engine’s nozzle is undisturbed is not true as can be seen in the image below (similar images were taken on other missions). Rather than being non-existent, the surface disturbance by landing spacecraft has been studied by geologists and engineers trying to see if we can learn anything to help design future missions. An example of this research can be seen in this article’s further reading section."

image-of-surface-under-lm.jpg

source

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is hard to believe that there are still Lunar Landing Hoaxers out there. But then the belief in a Flat Earth has had a resurgence, this is not nearly as insane as that belief. Still every argument posted is simply a PRATT by now. But in case the recent poster is more than a drive by I will be happy to go over his points one at a time. Or if he has any gumption he can check out this website:

Clavius Moon Base - debunking the moon hoax

Odds are that all of his claims are refuted there.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Nope, that's all okay.

If I remember correctly, the shadows are because of some lumps in the ground that were invisible in the pictures, and the flag floated because of the rotation in zero-grav...

The MythBusters explained it better. lol
Better Still, the myth busters experiment can be recreated over and over if a person wants proof first hand.