• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Morality

connermt

Disregard any government laws. It's all legal.

Scenario 1:

Tom wants to have intercourse with a very young girl. She and her guardians give their consent. Is this acceptable for him to do?

Scenario 2:

Jim, from his home, can see kids playing outside his window. He decides to masturbate. No one can see him. Is this acceptable for him to do?

Scenario 3:

Kayla notices that her dog is quite fond of her leg. She decides to have sex with her dog. Is this acceptable for her to do?

Scenario 4:

Jim and Kayla have just given birth to a baby girl. They kill her and bury her in the yard. Is this acceptable for them to do?

Scenario 5:

Mike likes to eat dog meat. He raises them and eats them. Is this acceptable for him to do?

Scenario 6:

Ashley loves her poodle, even more than her daughter. Her poodle receives more attention, but her daughter has all of her basic necessities. Is this acceptable for her to do?

1) Yes.
2) Yes. Especially as there is no specific indication as to why he's masterbating.
3) Acceptable? No as we can determine what he dog wants. Besides that, dogs and people do that for some different reasons. Is she trying to have dog-human babies? Or just likes the feeling?
4) Yes
5) Unfortunately, yes.
6) Yes

But since when is morality and the level of acceptance the same thing? You say is it acceptable, not is it moral. Strictly speaking they could have very different meanings/outcomes.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
1) Yes.
2) Yes. Especially as there is no specific indication as to why he's masterbating.
3) Acceptable? No as we can determine what he dog wants. Besides that, dogs and people do that for some different reasons. Is she trying to have dog-human babies? Or just likes the feeling?
4) Yes
5) Unfortunately, yes.
6) Yes

But since when is morality and the level of acceptance the same thing? You say is it acceptable, not is it moral. Strictly speaking they could have very different meanings/outcomes.

If you still call it acceptable.. that's better for what I'm trying to determine.

Daviso452

Boy Genius
How would you prove that?

Sorry. You're right. There may be significance. But just because we are here does not prove there is significance. I am of the position that there is no significance because there is reason to, and no reason on the opposing.

EDIT: I don't know... something weird happened and then it was gone. Some kind of error. was trying to edit it.

Sleeppy

Sorry. You're right. There may be significance. But just because we are here does not prove there is significance. I am of the position that there is no significance because there is reason to, and no reason on the opposing.

EDIT: I don't know... something weird happened and then it was gone. Some kind of error. was trying to edit it.

I agree; us being here doesn't prove significance.. At least in that way.

Daviso452

Boy Genius
Then we are in agreement. You cannot use our existence to support God because of the possibility that our life is not significant.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Each will decide the governing authority for these moral questions, some will use the bible, I will use my understanding of the universe.

#1 - Depends. Is the girl mature enough to make the decision? Are the parents mature enough to approve the decision? If yes to both of these questions I would then ask another, why?

#2 and #3 - No. There is energy transfer when you observe or think of things. This is why you were taught to pray. Sexual energy transfer to a child or animal is not acceptable. This is why Jesus said if you lust after a woman you have already defiled her and why the Old Testament prohibits intercourse with an animal. Is it possible to do these things, yes, but it is minutely regressive to the species as a whole.

#4 - No, for obvious reasons.

#5 - Yes, but he should keep it to himself.

#6 - Yes, morally perfect? No.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Then we are in agreement. You cannot use our existence to support God because of the possibility that our life is not significant.

"the possibility of our life is not significant", is an understatement
the probability of our life not being significant is apropos ;)

Sleeppy

Each will decide the governing authority for these moral questions, some will use the bible, I will use my understanding of the universe.

#1 - Depends. Is the girl mature enough to make the decision? Are the parents mature enough to approve the decision? If yes to both of these questions I would then ask another, why?

#2 and #3 - No. There is energy transfer when you observe or think of things. This is why you were taught to pray. Sexual energy transfer to a child or animal is not acceptable. This is why Jesus said if you lust after a woman you have already defiled her and why the Old Testament prohibits intercourse with an animal. Is it possible to do these things, yes, but it is minutely regressive to the species as a whole.

I agree.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.

What would the universe tell us about something a microscopic organism does each day?

jamesmorrow

Disregard any government laws. It's all legal.

Scenario 1:

Tom wants to have intercourse with a very young girl. She and her guardians give their consent. Is this acceptable for him to do?

Scenario 2:

Jim, from his home, can see kids playing outside his window. He decides to masturbate. No one can see him. Is this acceptable for him to do?

Scenario 3:

Kayla notices that her dog is quite fond of her leg. She decides to have sex with her dog. Is this acceptable for her to do?

Scenario 4:

Jim and Kayla have just given birth to a baby girl. They kill her and bury her in the yard. Is this acceptable for them to do?

Scenario 5:

Mike likes to eat dog meat. He raises them and eats them. Is this acceptable for him to do?

Scenario 6:

Ashley loves her poodle, even more than her daughter. Her poodle receives more attention, but her daughter has all of her basic necessities. Is this acceptable for her to do?

the sad truth is that the abrahamic god called far worse scenarios moral. forget about eating dog meat focus on murdering innocent children which is what god personally did, and ordered others to do.

Sleeppy

the sad truth is that the abrahamic god called far worse scenarios moral. forget about eating dog meat focus on murdering innocent children which is what god personally did, and ordered others to do.

Understanding that this world is nothing compared to the next. And so your understanding of morality is short.