• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mormon Missionaries

Bishka

Veteran Member
Idea taken from the thread in the Protestant DIR labeled "Mormon Missionaries". Many people, no doubt, have been visited by the LDS Missionaries a time or two in their lifetimes. The LDS missionaries are out in the world to try to show other people the truth that we believe that we have. We are not there to call you religion 'evil', 'satanic' or to tell you that you are wrong. We believe we have the higher truth -- the Gospel of Jesus Christ and we want to share it with you.

There is a short article found at wikipedia (here), that explains a bit more about missions. Since I have never been on one, I hope that the returned missionaries on this forum will be able to enlighten the rest of RF about what goes on during a mission.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Truth_Faith13

Well I for one am looking forward to the missionaries coming round next thursday! They seem very friendly in our brief introduction the other day. I am assuming they must follow a certain order of things to discuss - as mentioned in the other thread, he was given a leaflet on restoration which was the same as what I recieved? They are readable too - dont over load with info! :)

Bishka

Veteran Member
I am assuming they must follow a certain order of things to discuss - as mentioned in the other thread, he was given a leaflet on restoration which was the same as what I recieved? They are readable too - dont over load with info! :)

Sometimes they follow a certain order. Recently the missionary discussion have been changed. Before, the missionaries had to go step-by-step and follow the exact discussions. With this new system the missionaries are free to follow whatever discussion they need as the Holy Spirit prompts them too.

Which leaflet did you receive?

Truth_Faith13

Sometimes they follow a certain order. Recently the missionary discussion have been changed. Before, the missionaries had to go step-by-step and follow the exact discussions. With this new system the missionaries are free to follow whatever discussion they need as the Holy Spirit prompts them too.

Which leaflet did you receive?

The restoration

Truth_Faith13

Hey, Dreamangel, i think wev'e got the same misionaries, was one of them american and the other a red head?
We actually live closer, we say Birmingham to be vague, you dont know what loons your upsetting on here!!;)

hehe! lol! They were both American - their base is in worcester at the moment. One was from Canada, the other was from Utah. I cant believe I have never met an LDS before.... all the people who dont want them, get them all the time and I have never met one! :)

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
Dream Angel, let me know if I can be any help to you at all. I'm always willing to try.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Dream Angel, let me know if I can be any help to you at all. I'm always willing to try.

I am actually curious to what you are offering to help her with?!? (This is not meant to be rude, I am truly inquisitive!)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Maybe *Paul* doesn't realize that Dream Angel actually requested that the missionaries come and teach her because she is interested in what they have to say. Not everyone who has the missionaries call on them is interested in a counter-conversion. Even though he has stated that he is already formulating his own arguments against them and will be ready when they "attack" his beliefs, let's give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he thought Dream Angel felt the same way.

nutshell

Maybe *Paul* doesn't realize that Dream Angel actually requested that the missionaries come and teach her because she is interested in what they have to say. Not everyone who has the missionaries call on them is interested in a counter-conversion. Even though he has stated that he is already formulating his own arguments against them and will be ready when they "attack" his beliefs, let's give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he thought Dream Angel felt the same way.

You believe what you want.

I'll believe what I want.

Paul doesn't get the benefit of the doubt after saying, in another thread, that missionaries coming to visit him "could be a Satanic attack on [his] faith."

So, it's not just that we're attacking his beliefs, it's as if the attack his coming from Satan himself in Paul's eyes.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
You believe what you want.

I'll believe what I want.

Paul doesn't get the benefit of the doubt after saying, in another thread, that missionaries coming to visit him "could be a Satanic attack on [his] faith."

So, it's not just that we're attacking his beliefs, it's as if the attack his coming from Satan himself in Paul's eyes.
I know that, and I've told him what I think of his intentions. I certainly don't find them to be very Christlike. It just struck me as odd that he would offer to help Dream Angel if he knew she had requested that the missionaries come to teach her.

nutshell

I know that, and I've told him what I think of his intentions. I certainly don't find them to be very Christlike. It just struck me as odd that he would offer to help Dream Angel if he knew she had requested that the missionaries come to teach her.

All the more reason she needs help - she's the one who invited Satan to her home.

Truth_Faith13

I think he does know I requested them - I have been talking to Paul and his wife in the other "Mormon Missionaries" thread. I said that I had asked them to come, and found it funny how those who dont want to see them get them all the time, and people like me who do, never see them - saying that the other day was the first time I met an LDS missionary.

Maybe because I am a "Prenatal Christian LDS" - He doesnt think its too late for me too be saved?

Its interesting I never saw any horns on the missionaries, which would be indicative od being from satan? :D